Roland FA-07 Music Workstation
The Roland FA-07 Music Workstation streamlines the music workstation for effortless real-time power, ultra-fast workflow, and maximum versatility. Featuring a 76-note velocity-sensitive keyboard that’s semi-weighted, the FA-07 offers great feel and expanded range for complex live setups with multiple splits and zones.
Taking the “work” out of the music workstation
The Roland FA-07 Music Workstation reimagines the music workstation by featuring a massive sound collection, studio-quality effects, and expressive real-time controls, plus onboard sampling with zero load time for instant playback from 16 pads. An integrated sequencer offers simple operation and non-stop loop recording, and you can easily export tracks for further development with your DAW.
No work, all play
The Roland FA-07 Music Workstation plays an important role for keyboardists in a wide range of creative activities. However, the Roland FA-07 Music Workstation can often be complicated and difficult to use to its full potential, bogging down the creative process. In developing the Roland FA-07 Music Workstation, Roland has completely reimagined the music workstation to let your inspiration flow, allowing you to perform on stage and develop musical ideas with less effort than ever before.
Perform and record with a massive selection of Roland’s very best sounds
Packed with over 2000 tones inherited from the INTEGRA-7, Roland’s flagship pro sound module, the FA-07 Music Workstation offers a huge palette of high-quality sounds for virtually any musical style. All of the INTEGRA-7’s SuperNATURAL synth and XV-5080 PCM tones are on board, plus an essential collection of expressive SuperNATURAL acoustic tones that include pianos, organs, bass, strings, and many others. And with the newly added Tone Remain function, you can switch sounds seamlessly with no notes or effect tails being unnaturally cut off.
Expand your sound collection with free downloads from Roland’s Axial sound library site
The Roland FA-07 sound engine is fully compatible with the large, growing collection of INTEGRA-7 synth patches available as free downloads from Roland’s Axial sound library site. It’s even possible to expand the onboard sound set with free wave sound expansion collections, which you can also get at the Axial site.
Capture ideas and create songs without interruption
The Roland FA-07’ intuitive 16-track sequencer has been designed to let you capture your inspiration as it happens. In a flash, you can build a full arrangement with the instrument’s huge array of sounds. And with continuous recording in loop mode, you’re able to fill up all 16 tracks without ever stopping! In addition to real-time capture, step recording is also possible, and you have complete control to edit and mix your tracks as you go and save songs as stereo audio files to an SDHC card.
Enhance your sounds with a wide range of simultaneous effects
The Roland FA-07 Music Workstation provides numerous options for polishing your sounds and sequencer tracks to studio-level perfection. Independent MFX engines are available for all 16 parts of a studio set, and with the unique TFX (total effects), you can process the entire output with dramatic effects such as DJ FX Looper, Isolator, and others. All the effects can be tweaked with the Sound Modify knobs to add real-time expression to your performances and productions.
Fast workflow and intuitive real-time control
You can feel the speed of this new breed of instrument the moment you hit the power switch—unlike many workstations that can take a minute or more to boot, the Roland FA-07 Music Workstation is ready to play in seconds. The panel is logically organized into dedicated sections, and the large color LCD presents a gorgeous look with inviting hi-res graphics for selecting tones, working with the sequencer, and adjusting various settings. And it’s a breeze to navigate through the large sound selection by category and assign your favorites for fast recall.
An instant-access performance sampler at your fingers
The sampler in the Roland FA-07 Music Workstation features fast, hands-on operation and sampling/playback via convenient SDHC cards. You can play audio samples directly from the 16 pads on the front panel, making it easy to expand your performances with loops, backing tracks, one-shots, vocal phrases, sound FX, and more. And thanks to SDHC flash memory, your samples load instantly, with no wait time at all.
Studio sets enhanced for master rig control
In the Roland FA-07 Music Workstation, a studio set stores 16 tones and the various parameters associated with them, including level, pan, effects, and more. Now, master control functionality has been added to studio sets, enabling you to use the Roland FA-07 as a master controller for a large studio or live rig. You can save MIDI messages like bank select, program change, volume, and many others. This info is sent out via MIDI when you select the studio set, letting you reconfigure the Roland FA-07 Music Workstation and multiple external devices with one command.
Seamless DAW integration
In addition to its impressive standalone performance, the Roland FA-07 Music Workstation easily transitions into any DAW environment. With a press of the DAW Control button, you can instantly set up the keyboard to communicate with your software via USB. Dedicated control maps for popular DAWs provide quick setup for operating transport functions and other parameters in your software. In addition, you can use the Roland FA-07 Music Workstation as a USB audio interface to record a variety sources directly into your DAW and monitor them through the stereo output and headphones jack. A free license for Ableton Live Lite is now included with Roland FA-07 keyboard, enabling you to pair up your instrument with a powerful DAW right away. USB communication requires installation of the Roland FA-07 USB driver on your computer.
Roland FA-07 Music Workstation Features
- Reimagined music workstation designed to maximize your creative flow
- 76-note semi-weighted keyboard with velocity sensitivity provides great feel and expanded range for complex live setups
- Over 2000 sounds from the flagship INTEGRA-7 sound module, including SuperNATURAL synth and acoustic tones and drums; add even more tones via internal wave sound expansion slots
- SuperNATURAL synth engine is fully compatible with the expansive collection of free INTEGRA-7 synth tones available from Roland’s Axial sound library site
- 16-track sequencer with non-stop loop recording makes it easy to build songs quickly; export your sequencer tracks to an SDHC card as a complete stereo mix, or as multitrack audio or MIDI data for use in your DAW
- Onboard sampler based on the SP-404SX features 16 pads x 4 banks and direct recording/playback via SDHC cards
- Polish your sounds with a multitude of studio-quality effects, including 16 independent MFX engines, six COMP+EQ processors for drums, unique TFX (total effects), and global EQ, chorus, and reverb
- Tweak tones, effects, and external MIDI devices in real time with six user-assignable Sound Modify knobs
- Intuitive, streamlined interface with large color LCD
- Master control functionality added to studio sets, enabling full command of a large studio or live rig
- Press one button to instantly configure the FA-07 for use with your DAW via USB
- D-Beam, Rhythm Pattern, Arpeggiator, and Chord Memory functions to expand your creative palette
- Guitar/Mic and Line input jacks for performing, sampling, and DAW audio recording; dedicated input reverb provides ambience for performing/recording
- USB ports for sound expansion data, updates, and audio/MIDI interfacing with a computer; MIDI communication with the iPad is possible when using Apple’s iPad Camera Connection Kit
Roland FA-07 Music Workstation Specifications
- Keyboard: 76 keys (semi-weighted keyboard with velocity)
- Sound Generation Section:
- Maximum Polyphony: 128 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)
- Parts: 16 parts
- SuperNATURAL Acoustic
- SuperNATURAL Synth
- SuperNATURAL Drum Kit
- PCM Synth
- PCM Drum Kit
- Wave Expansion Slots: 2 slots
- Favorite: Yes
- Multi-Effects: 16 systems, 68 types (Vocoder can be used only on part 1.)
- Part EQ: 16 systems
- Drum Part COMP+EQ: 6 systems
- Chorus: 3 types
- Reverb: 6 types
- Master Compressor (This can be changed to Insert FX (78 types).)
- Master EQ
- Total Effects (TFX): 29 types
- Mic Input Reverb: 8 types
- MIDI Tracks: 16
- File Format: Original, SMF export/import supported, WAV export supported
- Format: 16-bit linear, 44.1 kHz, WAV/AIFF/MP3 import supported
- Maximum Polyphony: 8
- Number of Samples: 16 Pads x 4 Banks (for each song)
- Rhythm Pattern: Yes
- Arpeggio: Yes
- Chord Memory: Yes
- D-BEAM Controller
- Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever
- Assignable Switch x 2 (S1/S2)
- Control Knob x 6
- Sample Pad
- Tempo Knob
- Display: 5-inch Graphic Color LCD
- External Memory: SD Card (SDHC supported)
- Headphones Jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- Main Output Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- Sub Output Jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- Audio Input Jacks
- Line: Stereo miniature phone type
- Guitar/Mic: 1/4-inch phone type
- Foot Pedal Jacks (CTRL 1, CTRL 2, Hold)
- MIDI Connectors (In, Out)
- USB For Update Port
- USB Computer Port (USB Hi-Speed Audio/MIDI)
- (Use a USB cable and a computer with a USB port that support USB 2.0 Hi-Speed.)
- DC In Jack
- Power Supply: AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 1,300 mA
- Dimensions: W x D x H (1,231 48 x 311 x 107mm) (1/2 x 12-1/4 x 4-1/4 inches)
- Weight: 8.5 kg (18 lbs. 12 oz.)
Roland FA-07 Music Workstation Includes
- Quick Start Leaflet "Using The Unit Safely"
- SD Card (installed in the product when shipped from the factory)
- SD Card Protector (installed in the product when shipped from the factory)
- AC Adaptor
- Power Cord
Roland FA-07 Music Workstation Downloads
Click here to view all Roland products