Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro On-Camera Microphone
The Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro On-Camera Microphone, a high quality stereo option for videographers, and is ideal for recording music, and the atmospheric ambience essential in building a realistic audio scene.
Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro On-Camera Microphone Details
Building on the success of the Rode VideoMic Pro, which launched in early 2011 and quickly became the defacto standard for DSLR on-camera audio, and Rode‚??s original Stereo VideoMic, the new Stereo VideoMic Pro provides a high quality stereo option for videographers, and is ideal for recording music, and the atmospheric ambience essential in building a realistic audio scene.
Based around a matched pair of high sensitivity ¬Ĺ‚?Ěcardioid condenser capsules in a coincident XY pair, the Stereo VideoMic Pro provides a wide stereo image with natural depth.
The Stereo VideoMic Pro builds on the feature set of the VideoMic Pro, with an ergonomic form factor perfectly suited to DSLR, consumer camcorders and large-sensor video cameras. The integrated shock mounting system provides superior isolation from vibration and mechanical noise that can otherwise degrade the recording quality. Additionally the lightweight yet robust multi-strand cable provides excellent acoustic decoupling from the camera and offers significantly lower noise transference than traditional audio cable.
The user friendly designed rear of the microphone body features the power and equalization controls, including a high pass filter at 75Hz which is designed to cut out the noise generated by air conditioning, traffic and other undesirable low frequency interference.
A -10dB PAD allows the user to reduce the sensitivity of the microphone, making it suitable for recording loud sound sources such as live music or at sporting events.
Like the VideoMic Pro, the Stereo VideoMic Pro features a +20dB level boost specifically designed to provide a higher quality signal with DSLR cameras. When activated, the typically low quality camera preamp level can be reduced, resulting in a lower noise floor and much clearer recording.
Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro On-Camera Microphone Features
- Broadcast recording quality on-camera microphone
- Matched pair ¬Ĺ‚?Ě condenser capsules in XY stereo conﬁguration
- Ultra lightweight, compact form factor
- Two step High Pass Filter (ﬂ at, 75Hz)
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB)
- 9V battery powered - over 100 hours use (alkaline)
- Integrated shock mounting
- Integrated foam windscreen
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output
- Billeted metal camera shoe mount with 3/8‚?Ě thread for easy boompole mounting
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
- 10 year warranty
Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro On-Camera Microphone Specifications
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 40Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Maximum SPL: 134dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Sensitivity: -38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.60mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Power Options: 9V Battery Powered
- Weight: 115.00gm
- Dimensions: 130.00mmH x 66.00mmW x 108.00mmD
- Output: Minijack/3.5mm Output
Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro On-Camera Microphone Downloads
Click here to view all Rode products