Radial mPress Audio Distribution System
The Radial mPress Audio Distribution System is a modular press box and command center that can distribute audio to up to eight gallery recorders on its own, or be combined with multiple Radial Exo-Pod modules to create a larger distribution network.
The Radial mPress Audio Distribution System is a modular press box that can be expanded as needed to feed a community-sized press gallery or distribute audio for an international event.
The design of the Radial mPress Audio Distribution System begins with a master head distribution amplifier that is equipped with two microphone inputs, two balanced line level inputs, 48V phantom power for condenser microphones and a built-in limiter to prevent overload from overly rambunctious orators. Eight balanced mic or line level outputs may be used to supply feeds to a small press gathering. For larger system requirements, a series of modular Radial Exo-Pods™ may be deployed. These external modules are connected using standard mic cables and feature ten balanced outputs and four mini 3.5mm TRS connections to feed portable recorders or hand-held video cameras. In order to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops, stray DC currents and less than ideal powering systems, all outputs are transformer isolated.
The Radial mPress modular approach replaces the spaghetti of cables that usually hampers setups with an orderly system that enables one to create zones for various groups. From each of the Radial mPress XLR outputs as many as four Radial Exo-Pods may be chained together, for a total of 320 microphone or line level outputs and 128 recorder outputs. A built-in 1kHz test tone provides everyone with a reference level and the built-in headphone amplifier helps when trouble shooting. To simplify setups, a main stereo output is available to feed a pair of powered speakers and broadcast the event to an audience. Separate audio inputs also enable the mPress to play background music while waiting for the guest speaker to appear.
The Radial mPress... a modular press box designed to grow to suit your needs.
Radial mPress Audio Distribution System Features
- Modular press box with up to 448 outputs
- Completely analog, no digital trickery!
- Active drive with transformer isolation to eliminate noise
- Can play background music when on standby
Radial mPress Audio Distribution System Applications
- Using the mPress as a basic eight out press box - In this setup, you are using the eight balanced outputs on the Radial mPress to feed the press gallery without using the Radial Exo-Pods. Set the outputs to low and connect using standard mic cables.
- Using the mPress in a star configuration - Connect as many as eight Radial Exo-Pods to the Radial mPress to create eight separate zones – each with 14 outputs for a total of 112 press feeds. All of the outputs are isolated to eliminate noise!
- Extending the outputs in a series configuration - Daisy-chain one Radial Exo-Pod into the next to expand the system while reducing cable mess. Setting the Radial mPress outputs to high enables almost unlimited press feeds!
- Using the mPress with the outputs of a console - You can connect the outputs of a console to the balanced line level inputs on the mPress, integrating it with your existing PA system. Simply depress the recessed switch on the rear XLR inputs to allow you to connect line level signals and distribute them to the press gallery outputs.
Radial mPress Audio Distribution System Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Low Noise Active Buffer
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to >20KHz +0/-1.5dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.001% @ +4dB
- Dynamic Range: >112dB
- Input Impedance: 7k O
- Maximum Gain: +51dB
- Noise Floor: -94dBu
- Low-Cut Filter: 100Hz (12dB/Octave)
- Limiter Threshold: -10dBu to +5dBu Output
- Limiter Ratio: >20:1
- Line Input:
- Input Impedance: 22K O
- Maximum Gain: +19dB
- Main Output:
- Equivalent Input Noise: -111dBu
- Clip Level: +24dBu/+17dBu
- Output Impedance: 880 O
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.002%
- Exo-Pod Output:
- Output Impedance: 115 O
- Noise Floor (Program In to Main Out): -80/-92dBu
- Phase Deviation: ±15°
- Mic Signal Present LED Threshold: -70dBu/-54dBu/-42dBu
- Phase Deviation: ±15°
- Power: ±15V/+5V custom power supply
- Construction: 14-gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size (L x W x H): 19" x 7" x 1.62" (48.26cm x 17.8cm x 4.13cm)
- Weight: 6.25lb (2.83kg)
- Shipping Size (L x W x H): 22" x 10.375" x 4.5" (55.9cm x 26.4cm x 11.4cm)
- Shipping Weight: 8.9lb (4.04kg)
Radial mPress Audio Distribution System Includes
- Radial mPress Unit
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial mPress Audio Distribution System Downloads
Click here to view all Radial products