Radial Workhorse PowerStrip 500-Series Rack
The Radial Workhorse PowerStrip 500-Series Rack is a three module rackmount power supply designed to bring the fun and excitement of 500-Series modular audio to everyone!
The Radial Workhorse PowerStrip 500-Series Rack has an innovative triple-module design that allows you to put together a traditional channel strip, combining a mic preamp with an equalizer and dynamic control using a compressor-limiter all within the confines of a single RU 19" rack. With so many choices of modules available today, this opens the door to creating unique signal paths to allow your music to stand out.
Following the criteria established by the Radial Workhorse, the Radial PowerStrip is 100% backwards compatible with older API modules while being optimized for Radial's expanding range of preamps, processors and routing devices. Construction begins with 14 gauge steel and features dual gold contact EDAC 15-pin connectors for optimal signal transfer. To maximize headroom, the external supply delivers 500mA of current for voltage hungry modules plus a separate 48V phantom tap delivers 10mA of current for microphone preamps. Rear panel connectivity includes standard XLRs for each slot along with ¼" TRS connectors for multing modules, cross patching and parallel processing. Instead of the traditional 'hardwire patch' system employed by others, The Radial PowerStrip employs an innovative feed function that patches modules together in series without the need of cables. And stereo modules no longer need to be soldered to be paired, they can now be sync'd together using a simple switch. The Radial PowerStrip is also equipped with Omniport on each sot. This TRS jack enables the module manufacturer to implement a unique function for a given module such as a key input on a gate.
The Radial PowerStrip makes it easy to assemble a variety of modules to create the ultimate channel strip and the compact single RU design opens the door for use in both studio and concert touring.
Radial Workhorse PowerStrip 500-Series Rack Features
- Single RU power rack houses three 500 series modules
- Designed to create the ultimate input strip
- Compatible with Radial and older API systems
- Provides up to 500 mA of shared current
- Heavy duty 14 gauge steel construction
- Affordable path into the 500 series
- Super compact, takes only 1 rack space
- Brings your favorite studio sounds with you!
- Assembles the ultimate channel strip
- Builds the perfect analog effects channel
- Creates the ultimate instrument pre
- Perfect for studio and the road
Radial Workhorse PowerStrip 500-Series Rack Applications
- Using the PowerStrip as a channel strip - The Radial PowerStrip is perfect for creating the ultimate channel strip. Combine the PowerTube™ preamp with the Q3™ induction coil EQ and the Komit™ single knob compressor to create exceptionally warm vocal tracks.
- Recording bass direct with the PowerStrip - Plug your Jazz bass into the JDV-Pre™ for exceptional clarity and realism. Then mess it all up (if you like) using the EXTC™ and your favorite pedals before gently squeezing it using the Komit compressor.
- Using the PowerStrip in Live Touring - The single rack design makes it convenient to assemble specialty modules to optimize the signal path. For instance; set up a gold channel for the lead singer and phase align the bass guitar or kick drum.
Radial Workhorse PowerStrip 500-Series Rack Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Circuit Type: Connection buss from modules to connectors
- Format: 19" rack mount, 1 rack space
- Number of Slots: 3
- Input Connectors: 3 balanced XLR male, 3 ¼" TRS
- Output Connectors: 3 balanced XLR female, 3 ¼" TRS
- Compatibility: Adheres to the Whos-Doc and VPR Alliance
- Omniport: Yes
- Feed Switch: Yes
- Stereo Link: Yes
- 48V Phantom Power: Yes on all channels
- Available Current: 500 milliamps
- Average Current: 166 mA per slot
- Card Slot Impedance: Module dependent
- Ground Connections: Chassis
- XLR Pin Wiring: AES standard: pin-1 ground, pin-2 (+), pin-3 (-)
- Power Supply: External 100V - 240V AC with 48V Phantom
- PSU Connection: Locking 5 pin XLR female on cable
- Product Size (L x W x H): 19" x 7.25" x 1.25" (48.3cm x 18.4cm x 3.2cm)
- Shipping Size (L x W x H): 22" x 10.375" x 4.5" (55.9cm x 26.4cm x 11.4cm)
- Product Weight: 6.7lbs (3kg)
- Shipping Weight: 8.9lbs (4kg)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial Workhorse PowerStrip 500-Series Rack Includes
- Radial PowerStrip 500-Series Rack
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial Workhorse PowerStrip 500-Series Rack Downloads
Click here to view all Radial products