Radial ToneBone Switchbone Amplifier Switcher
The Radial ToneBone Switchbone Amplifier Switcher is a high performance ABY switcher that is designed to deliver the natural tone and feel of the instrument without introducing noise, distortion or artifact of any kind. It allows you to drive 2 guitar amplifiers at the same time and to switch between amplifiers without problems.
The Radial ToneBone Switchbone Amplifier Switcher's design begins with the same 100% discrete class-A buffering circuit as the critically acclaimed Radial JD7 Injector for exceptional audio performance. Each part is hand inserted into a double sided through-hole PCB for optimal signal transfer. To ensure the natural feel of the instrument is maintained, Drag™ control load correction lets you re-introduce the natural relationship between the guitar pickup and the amp that is invariably lost when the guitar signal is buffered. This also allows longer cable runs of upwards to 15 meters (50') without noise.
There are three footswitches on the top panel: The first selects between A or B amps while the second is used to combine amps. To get rid of the pops common to passive switchers, the Radial ToneBone Switchbone employs photocells that ramp-up the signal for smooth noise-free switching - even when used with high gain amps. To eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops, the Radial ToneBone Switchbone's second output is equipped with a transformer for 100% isolation. To ensure the two amps play in absolute phase, you simply toggle the easy access 180º polarity reverse switch.
The third footswitch lets you engage the built-in power booster. This is equipped with a variable level control and is augmented with a 3-position mid-boost switch for extra cut when soloing. The boost function can be bypassed and converted to a mute switch for quiet on-stage tuning. A separate tuner out is always on for quick tune-ups and buffered to keep your signal path clean. Smart 'flashing' LEDs let you know which amp was last selected keeping you in total control at all times.
The Radial ToneBone Switchbone is the most natural sounding ABY amp switcher made today.
Radial ToneBone Switchbone Amplifier Switcher Features
- 100% discrete class-A signal path for exceptional audio
- Exclusive Drag™ control pickup load correction
- Variable power booster with mid control for added cut
- Transformer isolated output to eliminate ground loops
- Vari-Boost™ with extra gain and/or mid-power
- Toggle between two amps or play both at once
- Switches and splits guitar signal without noise
- Power booster for soloing
- Creates new sounds by combining amps/effects
- Retains the natural sound of the guitar
- Does not introduce noise, hum or buzz
- Super-intuitive LED indicators that work
- Tuner output is separate from audio path
Radial ToneBone Switchbone Amplifier Switcher Applications
- Standard ABY setup - The Radial ToneBone Switchbone is a high performance ABY designed to deliver the natural tone of your instrument to your amps without introducing noise or artifact.
- Adding a tuner to your setup - Drive two amps plus your tuner at the same time. Photocell switching, transformer isolation and buffered outputs eliminate popping, ground loops and noise of all types.
- Used as a channel selector - For older amps, the Radial ToneBone Switchbone can be used to drive the two amp channels so that you can toggle between them. The 180º polarity reverse ensures both channels play in phase.
Radial ToneBone Switchbone Amplifier Switcher Specifications
- Circuit Type: 100% discrete class-A, hand inserted parts
- Input Impedance: Variable with Drag Control
- Output Impedance: 10K Ohm
- Drag™: Load correction circuit for pickups
- Output-1: Class-A buffered, direct
- Output-2: Class-A buffered, transformer isolated
- Power Booster: Unity gain to +15dB
- Mid Boost: +9dB @ 800Hz, +5dB @ 1kHz
- Tuner Output: Buffered always-on ¼" jack
- Switching: Photocell assisted, 5m-sec rise time
- LED Indicators: Large 3mm OD ultra-bright LED's
- Ground Lift: Lifts ground at Output-2
- Polarity Reverse: 180º (phase) reverse at Output 2
- Construction: 14 gauge steel, baked enamel finish
- Size: 6.9 x 4.25 x 2.1" (175 x 108 x 54mm)
- Weight: 2.35lb (1.06kg)
- Production: Made in Canada
- Power Supply: 15VDC 400mA, center pole positive
Radial ToneBone Switchbone Amplifier Switcher Includes
- Radial ToneBone Switchbone Amplifier Switcher
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial ToneBone Switchbone Amplifier Switcher Downloads
Click here to view all Radial products