Radial ToneBone CabBone EX Speaker Cabinet Switcher
The Radial ToneBone CabBone EX Speaker Cabinet Switcher is a unique device that enables you to switch between two speaker cabinets using a single amplifier head. Safe for your high-power amp, the CabBone EX accomplishes the speaker switching with high performance sealed relays for the most transparent sound. The relays are controlled to maintain a safe speaker load on the amp through the transition from one cab to the other.
The Radial ToneBone CabBone EX Speaker Cabinet Switcher is designed to switch the output of a 300 watt amplifier and toggle between any two speaker cabinets. This, for instance, could be used to mount a Fender® Twin on a 4x12 Marshall cabinet and switch between the two cabinets to enjoy the very different tonal characteristics of an open-back 2x12 compared to a closed-box 4x12 half stack.
Unlike a regular AB box that mechanically switches between two sources, the Radial ToneBone Cabbone EX actually 'ramps on' the switching process with a timed overlap so that the amplifier always sees a speaker load. This ensures both tube and solid state amplifiers are safely switched at all times. The audio signal is actually switched via high-power gold-contact relays to ensure 'straight wire' performance. In other words, the Radial ToneBone Cabbone EX will not color the tone or introduce any form of distortion into the signal path. Should power to the Radial ToneBone Cabbone EX ever be disconnected, Radial Safe-Mode™ operation automatically resets, connecting the head to output-1.
To reduce 'spaghetti' on stage, the Radial ToneBone Cabbone EX is equipped with Slingshot™ - a remotely controlled switching input that enables any standard contact closure to switch cabinets. This lets you keep the Radial ToneBone Cabbone EX and speaker cables near the amps and remotely control everything from your pedalboard. With Slingshot, the Radial ToneBone Cabbone EX can also switch speakers using a MIDI pedalboard controller, sequencer, or another Slingshot equipped device such as the Loopbone™ or SW2™ remote. Just imagine... with one foot stomp - you could switch channels on your amp, turn on a delay and switch speaker cabinets. Now that's performance!
The Radial ToneBone Cabbone EX... a creative tool for making music from the tone fanatics at Radial.
Radial ToneBone CabBone EX Speaker Cabinet Switcher Features
- Toggle between two cabinets using one head
- Time overlap safely performs switching
- Remote or local switching capability
- Switch between two speaker cabinets with one amp
- Use one speaker cabinet for rhythm sounds
- Use another speaker cabinet for lead sounds
- Can be used to switch line level signals
- Won’t mess with the tone of your amp
- Slingshot simultaneously switches amp channels
- Slingshot reduces tap-dancing on the pedalboard
- EX version for high-power amps up to 300 watts
Radial ToneBone CabBone EX Speaker Cabinet Switcher Applications
- Using the Cabbone with a combo amp - You will be amazed at how cool a Fender® Twin can sound when plugged into a 4x12 half-stack. The tone is completely different with bigger bass and more punch. Add a Radial Tonebone Hot British distortion for even greater effect... AC/DC beware!
- Using the Cabbone with two half-stacks - Switching between two speaker cabinets delivers completely different tone. Use a Marshall 4x12 for leads and a Mesa-Boogie 4x12 for rhythm. There is no better way to kindle the creative spirit than changing the feel and tone of your guitar setup.
- Using the Cabbone to switch PA speakers - The Radial ToneBone Cabbone EX can also be used for audio installations. Switching the output of an audio feed from one speaker to another can be very helpful in venues like restaurants and night clubs. The Radial ToneBone Cabbone EX's Slingshot remote can be triggered using any standard contact closure and be linked for stereo operation.
Radial ToneBone CabBone EX Speaker Cabinet Switcher Specifications
- Circuit Type: Microprocessor controlled relays
- Max Amplifier Power to Input: Up to 300 Watts RMS
- Switching Type: Programmed PIC controlled mechanical relays
- Relay Type and Capacity: Silver plated contacts - 10 million cycles, 300 Watt rated
- Switching Time: 11.2 milliseconds
- Outputs: Speaker-1, Speaker-2 / Alt-Z Speaker-2
- Slingshot™ Implimentation: Slingshot input Slingshot out/thru - latch or pulse (selectable)
- Footswitch: High-cycle heavy-duty Speaker-1/Speaker-2 toggle w/ status LEDs
- LED Indicators: Large 3mm OD ultra-bright LEDs
- Construction: 14-gauge steel, baked enamel finish
- Size: 6.85 x 4.5 x 2.12" (175 x 108 x 54mm)
- Weight: 2.2lb (1kg)
- Production: Made in Canada
- Power Supply: 15VDC 400mA, center pole positive
Radial ToneBone CabBone EX Speaker Cabinet Switcher Includes
- Radial ToneBone CabBone EX Speaker Cabinet Switcher
- 15VDC Power Supply
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial ToneBone CabBone EX Speaker Cabinet Switcher Downloads
Click here to view all Radial products