Radial Prodigy V8 Speaker Load Box
The Radial Prodigy V8 Speaker Load Box is a combination of load box and DI that lets you drive your guitar amp at a higher output in order to maximize the tone, yet produce a lower stage volume when needed.
The Radial Prodigy V8 Speaker Load Box is a multi-purpose load box that enables you to reduce the output of your speaker cabinet and to send your guitar amp and cabinet sound to the PA or recording system using the built-in JDX direct box output. You can simultaneously set your amp to full output, 50% or 25% volume, or turn it completely off for quiet on-stage performance or late night recording.
Like the larger Headload™, the Radial Prodigy employs custom made cement-encrusted ceramic-coated resister coils to convert the excessive power from the amplifier to heat, allowing it to comfortably withstand up to 100 watts RMS. The Prodigy may be used in three different ways, depending on the need: First, it may be used as a direct box via the built-in Radial JDX Reactor. The hugely popular JDX combines a reactive load with a proprietary filter bank to emulate the tone of a 4 x 12 half stack. This features 100% discrete class-A circuitry for optimal tone and transformer isolation to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops. Designed to replace a microphone, the JDX delivers greater consistency while eliminating concerns such as stage resonance, bleed from other instruments and problematic room acoustics which can play havoc on the tone.
Second, the Prodigy may be used as a load box where you can attenuate the output from 100% down to 50% or 25% to drive your amp harder while keeping the volume down to a comfortable level. Finally, the Prodigy can be used without a speaker cabinet for completely silent recording. This is particularly useful in small venues where the speaker cabinet on stage may conflict with the sound in the room. It is also great for silent recording where you want to take advantage of 'high power' amp distortion without upsetting the neighbours.
In order to optimize the playing experience for in-ear monitors, a dual band EQ lets you optimize bass and treble settings. Two additional ¼" outputs enhance connectivity: The first is direct from the amp while the second is post EQ - post JDX. These are used to feed additional amplifiers or effects and adjusted using the front panel level control. A second level control is used to adjust the built-in headphone amplifier for silent practicing.
Housed in 14-gauge steel to help keep magnetic radiation at bay, the Headload Prodigy features a handy carry handle plus Radial's unique book-end design that creates a protective zone around the switches and controls. The internal I-beam construction adds tremendous rigidity, protecting the sensitive PC board from being torqued which could lead to damaged solder joints. One or two Prodigies may be rack-mounted into a single 19" rack space using an optional rack kit and power is supplied by an external 15VDC supply with a cable clamp to prevent accidental disconnection. Available in the 8 Ohm model.
The Radial Headload Prodigy... a load box made to deliver a load of tone!
Radial Prodigy V8 Speaker Load Box Features
- Load box with 100%, 50%, 25% and silent attenuation
- Lets you drive your amp hard for best tone
- JDX Reactor direct output for PA and monitors
- Built-in headphone amp for practicing
Radial Prodigy V8 Speaker Load Box Applications
- Using the Prodigy on stage - Connect the JDX output from the Prodigy to the PA system and in-ear monitors. Eliminating the microphone delivers a more consistent sound every night.
- Using the Prodigy in the studio - Disconnect the speaker and the Prodigy takes the heat! Use the JDX direct out to feed your recording system and silently practice using the headphone out.
- Use the Prodigy to control the stage - Split the signal from your first amp to feed a second amp using the direct out, mic up your cabinet and combine with the JDX out for the ultimate wall of sound!
Radial Prodigy V8 Speaker Load Box Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive attenuation circuit with active equalization
- Frequency Response: Shaped to emulate a classic guitar cabinet
- Gain: -30dB/-42dB
- Noise Floor: -106dBu
- Maximum Input: 130 watts continuous
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.05%
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.05%
- Input / Output Impedance: 8 ? speaker load
- Output Level - Max - 1KHz: +17dBu
- Output Level - Max - 20Hz: +14dBu
- Gain Reduction: 100%, 75%, 50%, 0%
- Equalization: Low EQ: +/- 9dB @ 80Hz
- High EQ: +/- 9dB @ 6KHz
- Headphone Output: 400mW into 32 ?
- Unbalanced Line Out: Hi-Z 1/4", pre or post EQ
- Balanced Line Out: 250 ? post EQ
- Ground Lift: Disconnects pin-1 at the XLR input
- Power: Radial +/-15V 400mA power supply
- Construction: 14-gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size (L x W x H): 10.25" x 5.9" x 3.75" (26cm x 15cm x 9.5cm)
- Weight: 5.3lbs (2.4kg)
- Shipping Size (L x W x H): 14.5" x 8.75" x 4.75" (36.8cm x 22.2cm x 12.1cm)
- Shipping Weight: 6.5lbs (2.9kg)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial Prodigy V8 Speaker Load Box Includes
- Radial Prodigy V8 Speaker Load Box
- Radial +/-15V 400mA Power Supply
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial Prodigy V8 Speaker Load Box Downloads
Click here to view all Radial products