Presonus StudioLive 48AI Mix System Details
Featuring surface-driven user interface, one-to-one connectivity, direct networking, and tightly integrated software suite, Presonus StudioLive 48AI Mix System is an outstanding 48-channel digital mixer at an even more affordable price. Presonus StudioLive 48AI Mix System combines two cascaded StudioLive 24.4.2AI mixers to create a single, functionally cohesive large-format 48-channel console. All channels are routed through the bus outputs of the Master mixer and all global setting is controlled from the Master mixer.
Best 48-channel digital mixer values
You can price medium-format mixers until your search engine overheats and youâ??ll discover that only Presonus Mix Systems give you one-on-one, hands-on control of 48 or 64 channels for such a low price. No bank switching or layers. Plus more digital processing and effects than Presonus competition, and the unique power of Presonus StudioLive Software Suite.
Only with StudioLive
When Presonus designed StudioLive Mixers, their goal was to combine the ease of a surface-driven analog workflow with the power of digital mixing. At a price that anybody could afford. The StudioLive 16.4.2 and 24.4.2 revolutionized modern mixing by combining a powerful, continuously bi-directional audio interface, massive DSP horsepower, and the flexibility to mix your show and monitors from anywhere in the venue. Presonus StudioLive 48AI Mix System is built on this legacy, taking full advantage of the StudioLive cascading feature, adding even more processing, and a level of software integration only found in high-end touring consoles.
The sectret power
Presonus StudioLive 48AI Mix System has a secret power; they can literally double in size in two easy steps. Connect a FireWire 800 cable from on StudioLive AI mixer to the other. And set the mixer on the left to â??Slaveâ?ť. Enjoy your new large format console!
The ease of analog meets the power of digital
When youâ??re mixing a live event or have an artist in the studio, you need to work quickly. Unique to the StudioLive design is its familiar interface that keeps all critical controls visible and accessible â?"not buried in multiple layers, menus, or banks. Presonus design philosophy is simple: One fader for every channel, one output for every bus. This is the power of a surface driven workflow. But donâ??t let the analog feel fool you, Presonus StudioLive 48AI Mix System provides total recall and a unique soft-takeover feature that makes each fader reactivate the moment its position is recalled.
The future is Active Integrationâ"˘
Presonus StudioLive 48AI Mix System starts with all the strengths that made StudioLive mixers famous. Then Presonus pushed the technology to the next level with Active Integrationâ"˘ (AI). Each Active Integration component is designed to communicate with the entire networked system and provide a focused workflow for the task at hand. This allows you to use the device most suited for what you are doing, when you are doing it: Ring out monitors with your iPad while youâ??re standing in front of them; dial in your musiciansâ?? monitor mixes from stage with an iPhone and then hand it off for them to control; view the frequency content of channels and buses while you EQ them; and thatâ??s just the beginningâ?¦
The Hardware / Software Solution
Only Presonus StudioLive AI-series mixers are tightly integrated with an entire suite of state-of-the-art software that helps you mix, record, produce, and distribute your recordings to the world. StudioLive AI-series mixers are the center of a cohesive universe of software that works together to help you achieve your creative vision.
A gigantic console in a small package
Individually, StudioLive AI mixers provide more DSP processing power than any other mixer in their class. Cascaded into Presonus StudioLive 48AI Mix System, you have double the power! There are no limitations or compromises, no shared resources, no figuring out what processing is available where. You have all of the processing available at ALL times. No compromises or caveats: a compressor, limiter, expander/gate, and fully parametric EQ on every Channel and Bus; four effects processors, each with their own dedicated mix bus; a 31-band graphic EQ on every aux mix plus the mains; and 500 ms of delay available to each of the four subgroups.
A Digital Console with Abundant Analog Connections
Take a look at back panel of a StudioLive AI-series mixer, and youâ??ll find the robust analog connections youâ??d expect from an expensive analog mixer: separate balanced mic and line inputs and insert points on every channel; dedicated balanced outputs for every aux bus, subgroup, and the mains as well as a wealth of other dedicated inputs and outputs. Every input channel and bus send has its own dedicated jackâ?"no sharing, no compromises.
Inside, it's pure PreSonus
PreSonus has its roots deep in the studio world. Their founder, Jim Odom, set out to make quality studio equipment and that legacy carries on today with their boutique line of microphone preamps and studio monitors. They undestand that a great mix is dependent on a great front end. Getting a great mix in the digital environment means that front end has to include great converters and a high-quality summing engine, like the one youâ??ll find in their award-winning DAW, Studio One. They use this same 64-bit summing engine in Presonus StudioLive AI Mixers.
Networking done right
A powerful, networked solution like the StudioLive AI-series mixers require fast and easy-to-use networking. StudioLive mixers make creating a wired or wireless network as easy as connecting an Ethernet cable or scrolling through a list of available networks. Networking for control is available now and coming in 2015, audio networking with Dante and AVB will be available on two new option cards, protecting your investment with emerging technology compatibility.
Presonus StudioLive 48AI Mix System Features
- 48 channel inputs, each with XLR mic, ÂĽ" line, and ÂĽ" inserts
- 2 ÂĽ" balanced stereo (L/R) aux inputs
- 1 XLR talkback-mic input with XMAXâ"˘ preamp, phantom power (always on), and level control
- Unbalanced RCA stereo (L/R) tape inputs and outputs
- XLR stereo (L/R) main outputs with level control
- ÂĽ" balanced stereo (L/R) main outputs
- XLR mono output with level control
- ÂĽ" balanced stereo (L/R) control-room outputs
- ÂĽ" headphone output
- 4 ÂĽ" balanced subgroup outputs
- 14/10/6 ÂĽ" balanced aux outputs
- 32/24/16 pre-insert, balanced direct outputs, Ch. 1-8, 9-16 (17-24, 25-32) on DB25 sockets
- Dedicated USB 2.0 port and included Wi-Fi LAN adapter for wireless communications
- Installed Option Card with S/PDIF digital out, 2 x FireWire S800 ports and 1 x RJ45 port for control network
- Optional I/O cards Dante, AVB and Thunderbolt
- Virtual StudioLive-AI bidirectional control/editor/librarian with Smaart Measurement Technologyâ"˘
- Studio OneÂ® Artist Digital Audio Workstation software for MacÂ® and WindowsÂ®
- Captureâ"˘ multitrack recording software for Mac and Windows
- StudioLive Remote-AI mixer-control software for iPadÂ® available free from Apple App Store
- QMixâ"˘-AI aux-control software for iPhoneÂ® and iPod touchÂ® available free from Apple App Store
- Nimbitâ"˘ Digital Distribution and Fan Management Solution
- High-definition Burr-Brown analog-to-digital converters (118 dB dynamic range)
- Unlimited-headroom, 32-bit floating point, digital mixing and effects processing
- Internal sample frequency 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz
- Rugged, non-flex steel chassis
- 100 mm long-throw faders
- Military-grade, quick-touch buttons
- BNC 12V lamp socket
Presonus StudioLive 48AI Mix System Downloads
Click here to view all Presonus Products