Novation Launchpad Pro Controller
Novation Launchpad Pro is the professional grid performance instrument.
Create dynamic, expressive performances in Ableton Live or any other music software. Use the enhanced 8x8 grid of RGB velocity and pressure-sensitive pads to trigger and combine clips, play dynamic beats and melodies, and even control external MIDI hardware.
Novation understand the pressures of performing live. Thatâ?s why they have made it as easy as possible to control Ableton Live, by building four simple modes into Launchpad Pro, which streamline everything for you:
- Session Mode: immediately trigger and combine your clips.
- Note Mode: create dynamic beats and play the grid just like an instrument.
- Device Mode: easily apply effects to your performance.
- User Mode: create unique custom performances and layouts
The whole instrument is designed to keep you focused on your performance. It lets you easily and immediately apply effects (Device Mode), while dipping in and out of specific mixer controls at the touch of a button. Of course, if you want to get really creative, download a growing library of Max for Live devices, and control them using your Launchpad Pro.
It's sleek, lightweight and tough enough that you can throw it in your bag and know it will survive even the roughest gigs. It also comes with everything you need to get started (cables and software): just plug it in and start making music.
Never hit a wrong note again! With the Scale function, simply press Launchpad Pro’s Shift and Note buttons, then choose from a roster of 32 keys and modes, from major and minor, through phrygian, whole tone, bebop minor, iwato, etc. Once selected, Launchpad Pro’s 64 velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads will assign themselves contiguously to only the notes of the selected scale, removing all the rest. Launchpad Pro is turned into a deeply expressive instrument that lets you focus on the music, rather than precise finger positions.
Scale mode isn’t just for Ableton Live – you can use it to play virtual instruments in any other DAW, as well as your hardware synths. Launchpad Pro does not require connection to a computer; it can send MIDI via its 1/8th-inch output (and an included 5-pin Din adapter), so you can play external synths without a keyboard controller.
Novation Launchpad Pro Controller Features
- Enhance your Live performance: Launchpad Pro integrates seamlessly and simplifies the challenge of performing in Ableton Live, by giving you hands-on control of your clips and tracks with four simple modes: Session, Note, Device, and User. Ableton Live Lite is included and you don't need to set anything up. Simply plug in and starting playing your music - everything just works.
- Control just about anything: Whichever software or MIDI hardware you make music with, Launchpad Pro lets you control it. Plug it straight into Logic Pro and play it like a keyboard, or connect the MIDI ports to Bass Station II and play riffs on your grid.
- Immediately play your clips: The 8x8 grid of RGB pads light up to match the color of your clips in Ableton, so you can concentrate on triggering and combining your loops and ideas.
- Make dynamic beats: Drum racks are automatically laid out and illuminated, which makes it as easy as possible to create expressive beats and drum performances using the velocity and pressure-sensitive pads.
- Play it like an instrument: You can easily play notes, melodies, and chords on the grid, because Launchpad Pro illuminates its pads in a melodic layout. You'll get LED feedback every time you press a pad and, if you're in Standalone Mode, you can use the grid to play any of your software and external hardware, too.
- Mix without losing focus: Get slick, immediate access to all your mixer controls mid-performance, so you stay in your flow. There's no need to enter a separate mixer mode. Press and hold a mixer function button (like mute or volume), make a change, and then simply release the button to drop straight back into your performance.
- Easily control your effects: Control any effect or instrument mid-performance to add expressive effects like reverb or filters. The button grid turns into eight velocity-sensitive vertical faders, with LED feedback for super smooth effect transitions.
- Unlimited possibilities: Max for Live lets you use your Launchpad Pro however you like. Engage with the whole community of Max for Live creators to find limitless inspiration and downloads such as unique step sequencers and innovative drum machines.
- Sleek, lightweight, and modular: This grid is built for performing. It's compact and light enough to throw in your bag, yet tough enough to survive the roughest gigs. You can bus-power it via USB, or use the included power supply to take full advantage of the super bright RGB LEDs during dusk performances. Like all Launch products, you can chain it to multiple Launchpads and connect it to the rest of your studio or live setup.
- Make music immediately: Comes with Ableton Live Lite music making software, 1GB of Loopmasters samples, and Bass Station and V Station plug-in synthesizers. It's class compliant and doesn't need any drivers: you just install the software, plug it in and start performing.
Novation Launchpad Pro Controller Specifications
- Product Hardware Specifications
- 64 RGB backlit velocity and pressure sensitive button grid
- 32 RGB backlit round mode buttons
- One setup button
- Front LED strip
- Orange rubber base mat
- High retention USB connector
- Two MIDI sockets (3.5mm jack sockets with MIDI din break-out cables)
- Power supply connector
- Power switch
- Kensington Security Slot
- Software Compatibility
- If you already have Ableton Live it must be version 9 or greater to work with Launchpad Pro. We recommend that you update to the latest version as previous versions of Ableton Live do not include the Launchpad Pro integration. Launchpad Pro will also work as a standard MIDI controller.
- Power Requirements
- USB bus powered on Mac or PC. Power supply (included) and camera connection kit or USB camera adapter (not included) required for use with iOS devices
- 12V DC Power supply included
- Maximum power consumption 12V DC 1A
- Product Dimensions
- 260mm width x 260mm depth x 29mm height
- Weight: 1.22kg
- OS Compatibility
- Mac OSX 10.9-10.11
- Windows 8-10
Novation Launchpad Pro Controller Includes
- Launchpad Pro
- 1.5m orange USB cable
- 1.5m power supply: 12V, 5A
- 2 x orange MIDI breakout cables: 3.5mm jack to female 5 pin din
- Getting Started guide
- English and French safety information sheet
- Ableton Live Lite music making software (upon registration)
- 1 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples (upon registration)
- Bass Station VST and AU plug-in synthesiser (upon registration)
- V Station VST and AU plug-in synthesiser (upon registration)
- Two Year Warranty
Novation Launchpad Pro Controller Downloads
Click here to view all Novation products