Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Controller
The KOMPLETE KONTROL S88 combines smart, elegantly-designed keyboards with advanced control software to form a fully integrated centerpiece for studio and stage – matchless control over all your software instruments from one award-winning keyboard.
The KOMPLETE KONTROL software is constantly evolving, and the latest software update is the biggest yet. It introduces Native Kontrol Standard® (NKS) – a new plug-in format which unlocks KOMPLETE KONTROL so that third-party instruments can access the Light Guide, Smart Play features, and more – with all instrument parameters intelligently mapped. VST support opens the gates to your entire software instrument library. And welcome KOMPLETE KONTROL S88 – a pro keyboard with fully weighted, hammer-action keys.
Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) is an extended plug-in format. Established by Native Instruments, this groundbreaking development offers an entirely new quality of software/hardware integration. Third-party developers can now configure their software instruments to access the unique hardware features of the KOMPLETE KONTROL system directly. Leading instrument builders such as Arturia, U-He, and Output Audio are already on board, and the list of NKS partners is growing rapidly. The result? True integration.
The KOMPLETE KONTROL S88 controller augments and advances how you play and compose with a number of unique innovations. Native Browser – Browse and load your entire library of KOMPLETE and VST instruments from a single, unified interface. Native Map® technology automatically maps all key parameters for each KOMPLETE or NKS instrument to the touch-sensitive controller knobs. Light Guide – The innovative LEDs above the keys mirror key switches and sound and sample types across the keyboard for all KOMPLETE and NKS instruments.Smart Play lets you play chords with single keys or map the keyboard to musical scales, and create melodies at the touch of a button with the advanced arpeggiator.
Multiply your creative potential when you use MASCHINE and KOMPLETE together. Combine them and experience true creative unity – get unified browsing, automatic parameter mapping, and intelligent keys and pads with plug-and-play simplicity. All the power and sound of each platform in perfect sync at your fingertips with a hardware workflow you won’t find anywhere else.
Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Controller Features
- UNIFIED BROWSING
- Dig deep into thousands of sounds with ease, thanks to the unified browsing workflow of KOMPLETE KONTROL – limitless inspiration in a single plug-in. Search for sounds across all KOMPLETE Instruments using musical tags and keywords. Just press the Browse button, turn the push encoder to select your instrument, choose a sound, and go. The keyboard and all its features remain fully functional even when in Browse mode – never stop performing.
- AUTOMATIC PARAMETER MAPPING
- Native Map® technology guarantees you don't need to worry about mapping KOMPLETE Instrument parameters ever again. Each KOMPLETE Instrument was mapped in-house by Native Instruments’ sound designers. All essential parameter names and values load instantly on the Clear View display, and are intuitively grouped into pages. The result: You see exactly what you’re editing directly on the hardware, whether it’s EQ in kHz or the exact frequency of a filter cutoff – without any setup time.
- EXPERT GUIDANCE
- Use the Light Guide to identify drum cells, key switches, phrases, and more at a glance – play every KOMPLETE Instrument in full color. In scale mode, notes in the scale light up on the keyboard, with the root lit even brighter – perfect if you aren't a trained keyboard player. In chord or arpeggiator mode, all triggered notes light up when you press a key, so you always know exactly what’s happening.
- MULTI-PURPOSE TOUCH STRIPS
- Deliver dynamic performances with two ultra-sensitive touch strips. They can mimic the behavior of pitch and mod wheels, and physical objects like springs and bouncing balls for interesting modulation curves. Or create instant shifts with different stepped settings.
- KOMPLETE KONTROL’s arpeggiator turns one note into a full musical performance. The eight controller knobs manage parameters such as direction, rate, rhythm, patterns, and variations. Best of all, the output of the arpeggiator can be recorded as individual MIDI notes for post-performance editing.
- The integrated scale mapping features give you instant access to a world of melody. See notes of the currently selected scale lit on the Light Guide, and set virtually any musical scale to the white keys. It will even re-map ‘wrong’ notes so you’re always in tune.
- Activate chord mode and create a rich harmonic performance by playing single keys. Map chords simply by selecting mode and inversion, or by loading up a chord set – ready-to-play progressions to inspire and augment your own compositions.
- ADVANCED MIDI CAPABILITIES
- Record the output of KOMPLETE KONTROL’s Smart Play features directly into a DAW for further tweaking. Send MIDI to hardware synths and access software instruments and external gear from one controller – a great way to use the arpeggiator. Use the Controller Editor to adjust touch strip behavior, configure keyboard splits with Light Guide visual feedback, and create custom templates. You can even use the keyboard in standalone mode to control your favorite hardware – in the studio or on stage.
Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Controller Specifications
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10, Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9 or 10.10 (latest update), Intel® Core™ 2 Duo
- 4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended for large KONTAKT Instruments)
- MIDI In/Out
- 1/4" TS connections for expression and sustain pedal
- USB 2.0 or higher (cable included)
- Requires power connection (adapter included)
- AVAILABLE PLUG-IN FORMATS
- Windows: Stand-alone, VST 32 & 64-Bit, AAX 32 & 64-Bit
- Mac OS X: Stand-alone, VST 64-Bit, AU 64-Bit, AAX 64-Bit
- COMPATIBILITY INFO
- The included KOMPLETE KONTROL software provides unparalleled integration with KOMPLETE Instruments.
- KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboards double as MIDI controllers with 16 key splits, Light Guide support, and advanced touch-strip functionality.
- ADVANCED FUNCTIONALITY IN THE FOLLOWING HOSTS
- Ableton Live 9.1.4
- Cubase 7.5.1
- Nuendo 6.0.7
- Logic X 10.0.7
Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Controller Includes
- KOMPLETE SELECT
- a premium instrument and effect package worth $1,000.00 when purchased separately. Includes MASSIVE, PRISM, MONARK, RETRO MACHINES, THE GENTLEMAN, VINTAGE ORGANS, SCARBEE MARK I, WEST AFRICA, DRUMLAB, SOLID BUS COMP.
- KOMPLETE SELECT is provided as a download after hardware registration. If you already own an S-Series keyboard, you’ll receive a KOMPLETE SELECT download for free.**
Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Controller Downloads
Click here to view all Native Instruments products