Moog Minitaur Analog Bass Synthesizer
The Moog Minitaur Analog Bass Synthesizer, a compact table-top monophonic MIDI-and-CV-controllable analog synthesizer module with a 100% analog audio signal path!
Moog Minitaur Analog Bass Synthesizer Details
The latest addition to the Taurus family of synthsâ?"The Moog Minitaur Analog Bass Synthesizer! The Minitaur is a compact table-top monophonic MIDI-and-CV-controllable analog synthesizer module with a 100% analog audio signal path, based on the design of the Taurus 3 bass synthesizer. The front panel features a knob-per-function design for maximum real-time tweakability. The Minitaur has several new features added to the classic Taurus synth engine, including an external audio input, that expand the basic synthesis and sound design capability of the instrument.
Minitaur fits right into the computer based music production rig or is easily controlled via MIDI controller. Classic one knob per function layout gives Minitaur complete hands-on playability, with no clunky menus to work through. The monstrous sound of the legendary Taurus bass pedals now fits easily in any musician's studio, stage or backpack.
Minitaur is a powerful, compact Analog Bass Synthesizer that features a classic one knob per function design. It is the first instrument in the Taurus family that does not have foot pedals. At only 8.5" x 5.25" and less than 3lbs, the Minitaur puts legendary analog Moog bass into a package designed to fit seamlessly into today's performance and production environments. There are no confusing or convoluted menus to dig through. Plug in a MIDI controller or hook it up to your computer and start playing immediately.
Don't be fooled by it's size. Minitaur delivers all the growl, snarl and low end associated with the Taurus family of Bass Synthesizers in a rugged performance package that is small enough to take with you anywhere.
Moog has released Revolution 2 for the Minitaur. REV 2, which is a free firmware update for Minitaur owners and ships with new Minitaur units, unlocks a host of new performance features and implements a number of user requested updates to Minitaur and the free Minitaur Editor/Librarian.
Among these updated features, Minitaur REV 2 owners can now create up to 100 presets and store them directly within their Minitaur. Presets are managed from within the free Editor/Librarian software and can be conveniently recalled from the Minitaurâ??s front panel controls. Also in REV 2, a new operational mode for the Decay/Release knob provides users independent control of Decay and Release times from Minitaurâ??s front panel. Users can easily switch between this new mode and Minitaurâ??s legacy mode from the front panel.
In addition, Minitaurâ??s CV and Gate inputs are now assignable from the Minitaur Editor/Librarian software. The Pitch and Mod CV inputs can be routed to any function, while the Gate input can be routed to functions with on/off behavior. REV 2 also enables Minitaur to effectively function as an intuitive CV to MIDI converter.
Moog Minitaur Analog Bass Synthesizer Features
- One knob per function interface for tweaking and creating new sounds on the fly. It also makes live performance a blast.
- Two ultra-stable oscillators with Sawtooth (Original Taurus) and Square wave-shapes for each VCO. Recreate sounds of the original Taurus with Sawtooth waves, or create new sounds with square waves or a combination of both.
- 2 Mixer VCAs for VCO levels control of Oscillators 1 and 2.
- Moog Ladder Filter with adjustable resonance delivers classic Taurus 1 and 3 bass and boom.
- Two Minimoog style ADSR Envelope Generators for modulating VCF and VCA. The Decay and Release segments are controlled by the Decay knob, while the Release segment is enabled or disabled via Release On/Off switch.
- Midi-syncable LFO with Controls for Rate, VCO LFO Amount, and VCF LFO Amount
- DIN MIDI and MIDI over USB offer complete control of the Minitaur's sound engine.
- Analog Control inputs for Pitch, Filter, Volume and Gate. Use an EP2 or CV to connect and control Minitaur with everything from Modulars to Moogerfoogers.
- External audio input for processing external audio through the Mixer and Filter section of Minitaur.
- Headphone output with 1/8" connection.
- Compact rugged steel chassis that is built like a tank - small size and lightweight: 8.5 x 5.25 x 3" and 3 lbs
- 100% analog audio signal path based on Taurus I and Taurus III synthesizers.
- 2 Taurus VCOs with variable Glide amount
- ADSR ADS Envelope generator for VCA and VCF
- CV inputs for pitch, filter, volume and gate
- External Audio Input
- Headphone out
- 2 Mixer VCAs for setting the level of the VCOs
- 1 VCF Moog/Taurus-style Ladder Filter w/ VC Resonance
- 1 VCA
- Two Minimoog-style ADSR Envelope generators with the Decay and Release segments controlled by the Decay knob plus a Release On/Off switch
- DIN MIDI In and MIDI over USB out
New Minitaur Rev 2 Features
- Store 100 presets to Minitaur's internal memory.
- A new Decay/Release mode allows for independent control of Decay and Release times from Minitaur's front panel.
- Pitch, Volume and Gate Controller inputs can be re-mapped to other control parameters.
- Minitaur can now act as a CV to MIDI converter.
Moog Minitaur Analog Bass Synthesizer Downloads
Click here to view all Moog products