Monster Pro 1000 Floor Standing Power Center Details
The Monster Pro 1000 Floor Standing Power Center proudly reflects Monster’s unwavering commitment to creating the ultimate performance-enhancing solutions for professional audio applications, giving you superior component operation, the highest audio quality, and the best protection for your precious equipment and instruments.
Ideal for high quality performance environments and studios, the PRO 1000’s patented Clean Power Stage 2 filter circuitry virtually eliminates the noise that goes right through typical surge protectors. Two isolated filters, optimized for analog and digital equipment, provide excellent AC power line noise rejection and isolation of analog gear from digital components for improved component- generated noise rejection, leaving you with more natural tone, increased dynamic range and none of the “dirty” AC-induced gremlins that would otherwise interfere with the way you and your gear perform. The PRO 1000 features four digital outlets and two analog outlets, as well as two high-current filtered outlets that provide power-hungry amplifiers with the power they need to operate with maximum headroom, the best transient response and the clearest tone.
The PRO 1000 is equipped with Monster’s fast acting, high-capacity 2775 Joule, Multiple SurgeGuard and Dual-Mode Plus Protection Circuitry, which instantly detects any voltage surge or spike, immediately suppresses it before it can reach your gear, and will emit an audible alarm to let you know if surge suppression occurred. The PRO 1000’s two separate LED bar graph meters (“Voltage Availability,” “Current Draw”) and three indicator LEDs (“Protection On,” “Ground OK,” “Wiring Fault”) report the status of the power coming from your wall outlet and alert you if there are problems. All eight of the PRO 1000’s switched AC power outlets are widely spaced to accommodate bulky “wall wart”adapters, and the unit’s illuminated power switch also serves double duty as a 15-amp thermal breaker, providing a convenient reset for those instances where the PRO 1000 automatically cuts off power to protect your gear.
Monster Pro 1000 Floor Standing Power Center Features
- ON/OFF Switch: This switch turns the PRO 1000 on and off. The switch lights up when turned to the “ON” position, providing power to components plugged into the switched outlets. Pressing the switch to the “OFF” position shuts off power. This switch also acts as the reset for the PRO 1000’s 15-amp thermal breaker, which automatically cuts off power to protect connected components from overload situations.
- GROUND OK Indicator: Indicates the wall outlet that the PRO 1000 is plugged into is properly grounded.
- PROTECTION ON Indicator: Indicates the PRO 1000’s internal surge protection is active.
- WIRING FAULT Indicator: Indicates that a wall outlet is incorrectly wired.
- High Current Filtered Outlets: These outlets are intended for power-hungry devices like amplifiers and powered monitors that require high amounts of current for optimal performance.
- Analog Filtered Outlets: These outlets have a special filter circuit that reduces audible noise in your analog musical and professional audio components.
- Digital Filtered Outlets: These outlets have a special filter circuit that reduces audible interference in your digital musical and professional audio components.
- Current and Voltage Availability LED Bar Graph Meters: These LED meters provide constant status regarding the quality and stability of the power coming from the wall outlet to your PRO 1000.
- Extra heavy duty, 10ft. shielded power cord: This power cord’s extra length enables flexible placement of the PRO 1000 to reach inconveniently located wall outlets. The cord’s rugged heavy duty, shielded construction protects it from damage while also rejecting RF interference. The cord can be conveniently wrapped around the unit’s end caps for easy storage.
- Gold-plated, three-prong plug: This plug features 24k gold-plated contacts for maximum power transfer. It can be snapped onto the power cord.
- Rubberized ABS-Plastic End Caps: These end caps enhance the PRO 1000’s durable chassis. The unit’s power cord can be wound around the end caps.
- Aluminum Extruded Exterior: This rugged chassis provides a high level of protection and stability when used in its intended operational environment.
Monster Pro 1000 Floor Standing Power Center Specifications
- Dimensions: 25 1/2" H x 9 3/8" W x 3 1/2" D
- Weight: 6.34 lbs.
- 8 switched outlets for power hungry equipment are color-coded for error free connections: 2 x Digital Filtered Outlets, 4 x Analog Filtered Outlets, 2 x High Current Filtered Outlets
Monster Pro 1000 Floor Standing Power Center Downloads
What We Think - Monster Pro 1000 Review
"Let's face it, power coming into your gear off the street pole is dirty - You just don't know where it's been! And if your interacting with anything who's history may be questionable, you had better use protection. Seriously, appliances are not designed with consideration for audio devices on the same circuit or even on the same street block (sounds extreme but power corruption travels far and wide from an HVAC system or a refrigerator switching on and off). Well, the Monster Pro 1000 Floor Standing Power Center not only helps to protect you and your gear from this kind of inconsiderate filth and flux, but it also provides a number of safety, diagnostic, and operational tools to make your life much easier. Features like the large LED voltmeter, ground fault indicators, ground pole, thermal circuit breaker, and more all come together to make one of the most fully featured workhorses of power conditioning available for the pro-audio realm. We love these things and use Monster Power throughout our own studios."
Alan Moon - Front End Audio
Click here to view all Monster products