M-Audio BX5 D3 Monitor
The M-Audio BX5 D3 Monitor is a 5 inch powered studio reference monitor designed to deliver superior mix performance. Unerringly accurate, with a flat frequency response and vanishingly low distortion, the BX5 D3 facilitates the freedom to mix with confidence.
Monitor Performance Starts with Driver Excellence
A monitor’s drivers are the heart and soul of its performance. Driving the low-end and midrange, the M-Audio BX5-D3’s 5-inch military-grade Kevlar® woofers are rigid and lightweight, delivering outstanding transient response whist negating unwanted cone breakup. The M-Audio BX5- D3’s treated silk dome tweeter provides the perfect combination of low mass and the absence of audible resonances that plague conventional tweeters. Together, the M-Audio BX5 D3 drivers deliver critical detail, nuance and dynamic accuracy, so your mixes have the veracity and transparency you demand.
More Than Just an Enclosure
With M-Audio’s BX5-D3, every detail has been meticulously engineered with one goal in mind - to facilitate the freedom to mix with confidence. The M-Audio BX5-D3 monitors have a rear- mounted bass port, meticulously engineered to the exact length and diameter. The result is Deep, defined bass response with maximum bass extension and resolution. When combined with a smoothly-flared port, the M-Audio BX5-D3 monitors markedly reduce the audibly-intrusive air turbulence that results when bass is played back at high sound pressure levels (SPLs). The M-Audio BX5-D3’s tweeter is mounted in a custom waveguide for reliably accurate dispersion that eliminates unwanted high-frequency scatter, whilst ensuring a soundstage that remains consistently wide and stable. For seamless setup and easy-location of the optimum listening position, the M-Audio BX5-D3’s front-mounted positioning LED shines brightly when you’re located in the perfect listening spot, for uncompromisingly accurate and reliable critical evaluations. Finally, the M-Audio BX5-D3’s iconic design on the front panel—M-Audio’s famous keyhole shape—is more than just an attractive look: This special fastenerless design ensures so there are no driver attachment screw heads to interfere with the sound coming from their drivers.
High-Current, High Headroom Class A/B Bi-Amplified Power
Efficient and accurate: Driving the M-Audio BX5-D3 monitors are two Class A/B internal amplifiers that power the woofer and tweeter separately - each optimised for the specific frequency range it handles and engineered to complement the characteristics of its companion driver. A precision-tuned crossover guarantees each driver only handles the frequencies that it produces most efficiently for a sound that is cohesive across the entire frequency spectrum. Play louder with less audible distortion: The M-Audio BX5-D3 bi-amplified design is a far more efficient and accurate way to power a loudspeaker than using a single full-range amplifier to drive multiple driver elements.
At M-Audio, they understand no two listening spaces are the same. Therefore, the M-Audio BX5- D3 monitors custom tailors your sound to your environment, so you will always experience sonically-true, reassuringly-accurate sound reproduction. Negate problematic bass frequencies and limit the impact of nuisance standing waves thanks to M-Audio BX5-D3’s special Acoustic Space control for precise adjustment of the M-Audio BX5-D3’s sound output in line with your studio space.
Whatever your needs, the M-Audio BX5-D3 Studio monitors guarantee to assimilate into your existing setup with ease. Combining conveniently-located, rear-mounted XLR and 1/4- inch balanced inputs, the M-Audio BX5-D3 connects to virtually all studio equipment including audio interfaces, mixers, DJ gear and more.
It’s Far More Than The Sum of Its Parts
The M-Audio’s BX5-D3 monitors excel in every way, the rightful successor to the original studio icon. Fusing superb drivers, meticulously engineered enclosures, great-sounding amplifiers, versatile control options and standardized connection facilities, the M-Audio BX5-D3 delivers sound quality you can trust.
M-Audio BX5 D3 Monitor Features
- Bi-amplified design with 100 watts (60 LF, 40 HF) for powerful, accurate sound
- 5” Kevlar low-frequency driver with high-temp voice coil and damped rubber surround
- 1” natural silk dome tweeter delivers superb transient details
- New computer-optimized tweeter waveguide for precise imaging
- Acoustic Space Control to fine-tune low-end response to your room
- Optimized rear port for extended low-frequency response
- XLR balanced and 1/4” balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting audio interfaces, mixers, synthesizers, DJ gear, and more
- Volume control enables you to dial in the perfect monitor playback level
- Ultra-wide range 52-35kHz frequency response covers full musical spectrum
- Front panel LED shines brightly when speaker is positioned at ideal monitor angle
M-Audio BX5 D3 Monitor Specifications
- Type: 2-way near-field studio reference monitors
- Low Freq. Driver: 5 inch (127mm) Kevlar curved cone with high temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround. Magnetically shielded
- High Freq. Driver: 1 inch (25mm) magnetically shielded natural silk dome
- Frequency Response: 52 Hz – 35 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.5kHz
- Low Freq. Amplifier Power: 60W
- High Freq. Amplifier Power: 40W
- Maximum Peak SPL: 110 dB SPL - Full Bandwidth Pink Noise Measured
- Input Sensitivity: -10dBU
- Input Connectors: 1x XLR balanced input connector 1x TRS balanced/unbalanced input connector
- Input Impedance: 10kO balanced, 20kO unbalanced
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produce outward LF cone displacement
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Power: Voltage: 100–120V, 50/60 Hz / 220–240V, 50/60 Hz Consumption: 100W
- Fuse: 220–240V~ T1AL 250V / 100–120V~ T1.6AL 250V
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated high-acoustic-efficiency MDF
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 6.9” x 7.8” x 10” / 176 x 197 x 254 mm
- Weight: 12.3 lbs, 5.6kg
M-Audio BX5 D3 Monitor Includes
- Single M-Audio BX5 D3 Monitor
- Power Cable
- Acoustic Foam Pad
- User Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
M-Audio BX5 D3 Monitor Downloads
Click here to view all M-Audio products