M-Audio BX5 Carbon Monitor (Single)
The M-Audio BX5 Carbon Monitor (Single) helps you track, monitor, and mix with confidence by providing accurate sound and dynamic acoustic control. Equipped with a 5” woven Kevlar low-frequency driver and 1” natural silk dome tweeter, the BX5 Carbon delivers a flat frequency response, enhanced stereo imaging, and increased clarity for authentic mixing in a space-saving design.
The M-Audio BX5 Carbon Monitor's bi-amplified 80 Watt Class A/B amplification means high power with less noise and ensures that your monitoring setup can handle today's modern music with ease. With the BX5 Carbon, your music is ready for any listening environment.
Sweeter Sweet Spot
The tweeter’s waveguide has been enhanced to provide an expansive sweet spot and superior stereo imaging. A wider mix position gives you professional monitoring for any caliber studio. Pinhole-mounted LED placement cues help locate and light up the sweet spot to ensure a speaker placement that reliably translates stereo information and frequencies. When the LEDs turn bright, you know you’re dead center and ready to start mixing your sessions or laying down tracks with the BX5 Carbon.
Mixing doesn’t occur in a vacuum. Your listening environment influences your mixing decisions and, ultimately, the sound of your music. The BX5 Carbon's Acoustic Space Control, a series of calibration switches, helps provide optimal acoustic conditions for tracking, mixing, and monitoring anywhere. Adapt the BX5 Carbon to any mixing environment—from bedrooms to basements to professional studios—without compromising frequency detail or stereo image. The result is a flexible monitoring setup for the most demanding mixing environments.
M-Audio BX5 Carbon Monitor (Single) Features
- XLR Input: This jack accepts XLR input connections with
- either balanced or unbalanced wiring (Pin 2 +)
- TRS Input: This jack accepts 1/4" connections with either
- balanced or unbalanced wiring.
- Sub-Frequency Vent Port: This port aids in reproduction of very low frequencies by discharging frequencies below 60 Hz and to act as a cooling mechanism to prevent
- Acoustic Space Switch: This switch compensates for placement near walls (closer than 1 foot).
M-Audio BX5 Carbon Monitor Specifications
- Type: 2-way near-field studio reference monitors
- LF Driver: 5-inch (127 mm) Kevlar curved cone with high temperature voicecoil and damped rubber surround. Magnetically shielded
- HF Driver: 1-inch (25 mm) magnetically shielded natural silk dome
- Frequency Response: 56 Hz – 22 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.8 kHz
- LF Amplifier Power: 40 W
- HF Amplifier Power: 30 W
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100 dB typical A-weighted
- Input Connectors:
- 1 x XLR balanced input connector
- 1 x TRS balanced/unbalanced input connector
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produce outward LF cone displacement
- Input Impedance: 20 KΩ balanced, 10 KΩ unbalanced
- Input Sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turnon/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse.
- Indicator: Power on/off indicator on rear panel
- Power Requirements: Factory-programmed for 115 V ~50/60 Hz, 230 V ~50/60 Hz, or 100 V ~50/60 Hz
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated high-acoustic-efficiency MDF
- Dimension (height x width x depth): 9.8" x 6.9" x 7.9", 250 mm x 176 mm x 200 mm
- Weight (without packing): 11 lbs., 5.0 kg*
M-Audio BX5 Carbon Monitor Includes
- 1 x BX5 Carbon Monitor
- 1 x IEC Power
- User Guide
- Safety & Warning Manual
M-Audio BX5 Carbon Monitor Downloads
Click here to view all M-Audio products