JoeCo BlackBox BBR1-MP Bundle 1 Details
Based on JoeCoâ??s award-winning BlackBox Recorder technology, the new JoeCo BlackBox BBR1-MP Bundle 1 is a live, multi-channel audio acquisition solution primarily designed with the broadcast engineer and location sound recordist in mind. The 24-channel recorder offers all the standard BlackBox features as well as 24 high-quality microphone preamps, operating at up to 24bit/96kHz, which are integrated into the recorderâ??s tiny 1U housing. JoeCo BlackBox BBR1-MP Bundle 1 includes user installable Dante and MADI interface card adding 24 channels of Dante or MADI i/o to the BBR1MP unit. Microphones can either be connected to the unit via tails from the rear D-Sub connectors, or via an optional 2U breakout panel with XLR connectors.
Audio is recorded direct to external USB2 drive in Broadcast WAV format for instant ingest into post production. Alongside the JoeCo BlackBox BBR1-MP Bundle 1's multi-channel recording capabilities, provision is included for creating a simultaneous stereo mixdown. Full support for iXML data is also provided.
JoeCo BlackBox BBR1-MP runs off a 12V power source. Unused channels and features can be disabled in order to preserve battery life on location. JoeCo BlackBox BBR1-MP Bundle 1 is fully controllable via JoeCoRemote for iPad. This includes the facility to set up individual mic pre channel parameters - level, mic/line, phantom power, hi-pass filter, soft limiter and phase reverse. Levels are shown on high resolution meters and the monitor mix can be adjusted using expandable channel strips with graphic faders, pan, solo, mute and other parameter controls.
JoeCo BlackBox BBR1-MP's compact dimensions, high-quality mic preamps and converters make it a practical, elegant solution for a range of broadcast applications, as well as for live engineers needing a portable multi-channel recording option.
Breakout Box is also included in JoeCo BlackBox BBR1-MP Bundle 1. It's a 2U rack-mountable breakout panel with 24 XLR Female input connectors and USB connector. Includes multicore connection looms to the BBR1MP.
The user installable DANTE Card is used to add 24 channels of Dante input/output to the BBR1MP unit. It can provide a digital output to a console, or another recording device, for real--time monitoring or backup of the mic preamp signals, or replay of pre--recorded tracks. The card can also act as a 24-channel Dante input when the mic preamp functionality is not required.
A part of the JoeCo BlackBox BBR1-MP Bundle 1, MADI card is user installable card for adding 24 channels of MADI i/o to the BBR1MP unit. It can provide a digital output to a console, or another recording device, for real-Âtime monitoring or backup of the mic preamp signals, or replay of pre-Ârecorded tracks. It can also act as a 24-channel MADI input when the mic preamp functionality is not required. Additionally provides the facility to combine the outputs of two BBR1MP units into a single MADI output stream containing all 48 channels of audio data.
JoeCo BlackBox BBR1-MP Bundle 1 Features
- 24-channel record or playback at up to 24bit/96kHz
- 24 high-quality integrated mic preamps (24bit/96kHz operation)
- Microphone connection via tails from DSub connectors, or optional 2U breakout panel with XLR connectors
- Runs off 12V power source for location use
- Remote set-up, control and monitoring via JoeCoRemote for iPad
- Multiple connection options: switchable mic/line inputs, balanced outputs
- User installable optional Dante or MADI cards for 24 channels of Dante or MADI i/o
- MADI outputs from a pair of BBR1MPs can be automatically combined into a single 48-channel data stream
- Records standard broadcast WAV files to an external USB2/3 drive. Captured audio material can be imported into any digital workstation for instant re-purposing. No file transfer necessary
- Can also store iXML data in BWAV files
- Synchronisation options: timecode, word clock, video sync
- Simultaneous stereo mixdown during recording
- Safeâ??nâ??Sound Record Recovery protects files in case of power failure
JoeCo BlackBox BBR1-MP Bundle 1 Specifications
- Manufacturer: JoeCo
- Product: BlackBox BBR1-MP Bundle 1
- Sample Rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- Bit Depth: 16 / 24bit
- Disk Interface: USB2 (compatible with USB3)
- Disk Format: FAT32 â?" compatible with both Mac and PC
- File Format: Broadcast WAV (BWAV)
- User Interface: JoeCoRemote iPad App
- Record/Playback: Up to 24 channels @ up to 96kHz / 24 bit
- Inputs: Switchable microphone / line inputs on channel by channel basis
- Mic Preamp Gain: 0 - +60dB continuously variable
- Outputs: Line level balanced outputs (+21dBu = 0dBFS)
- Power: 12V dc (Kycon 4-pole connector), 35W max. External universal PSU included
JoeCo BlackBox BBR1-MP Bundle 1 Downloads
Click here to view all JoeCo Products