Izotope Trash 2 Upgrade (Trash to Trash 2)
Izotope Trash 2 Upgrade (Trash to Trash 2)
Upgrade from Trash V1 to Trash V2!
iZotope Trash 2 Distortion Plug-In Details
Trash 2 takes the best of Trash and makes it even better. With an entirely new sonic architecture, brand new features, optimized performance, better sound quality, and support for modern hosts and formats, Trash 2 is primed for a powerful new era of audio mangling, distortion, and experimentation. Let sonic mayhem ensue.
Trash and burn
Not all distortions are created equal. Trash 2 combines the power of multi-band, dual-stage distortions and advanced post-filtering for immediate sonic transformation. Give your low end some thump, get a warm crunch on the midrange, and let your high end soarâ?"all without the over-hyped side effects (unless, of course, that's what you want). Trash any track: not just guitars and basses, but drums, synths, pads, vocals, brass, woodwinds, and more. A distortion engine like no other, this is Trash 2.
Invent a distortion that the world has never heard. Design your own distortion algorithms with Trash 2's new customizable Waveshaper. If the physics of waveshaping have your brain in a knotâ?"not to worry. With Trash 2 it's easy: simply draw in, tweak, and create infinite distortions. Don't know where to start? Load one of Trash 2's 60+ distortion algorithms and adjust at will. Trash has shaped everything from major music releases to film and game sound effects over the past decade. Your audio is next.
Follow your impulses
The power to morph sound from one object to another is yours with the new Convolve module. Melt your synth bass into a metal bowl, push your electric piano into a vintage cabinet, or play your guitar tone through a human voice box. Convolve includes over 100 impulse responsesâ?"a collection of amps, objects, animal sounds and mouth shapes that are ready and waiting to transform your sound. Or, concoct a unique convolution and load any .wav or .aiff file into Trash 2. Impress the sonic characteristics of your wildest imagination onto any track or instrument. A single mouse click is all you need.
Explore new sonic dimensions with the Filter, Delay and Dynamics modules. Breathe life and movement into your audio using the dual Filters, each with 20+ evocative filter types to shape your tone. Modulate, invigorate and apply exotic filter sounds, then control and manipulate each node with LFOs, envelopes and side-chaining. A filter bank unlike any other, you're free to custom-design your ultimate filter styles and reach the bleeding edge of sound design. Polish it all off with Trash 2's rich, organic Delay options and a new analog-modeled compressor worth turning up to 11. Throughout the wild ride, the ear-friendly Limiter keeps you and your speakers safe.
iZotope Trash 2 Distortion Plug-In Icludes
- Trash 2 Expansion: Classic Textures
- Trash 2 can unleash sonic mayhem on any signal that runs through it, but with that power comes great responsibility. With a sophisticated sense of restraint, Classic Textures is Trash 2's most responsible pack yet. Explore 30+ new impulses, from dark vinyl to classroom projectors to crackling fires, and discover a wide palette to gently texturize any track. Or, choose from 70 new presets to coat your mix in everything from 80's synth grit to warm wax to earthy, retro moods. It's easy to get a feel for Classic Texturesâ?"give your sound the subtle nuance it deserves.
- A SAMPLING OF 30+ IMPULSES: 1940s Explosion, Reel To Reel, Classic Film, Gas Burner, Lo Fi Arcade...
- A PEEK AT 70 PATCHES: UV Hamonics, Old Tele, Mason Jar, Fuzz Factor, Vintage Soundtrack, Cassette...
- Trash 2 Expansion: Edge
- The Edge Expansion Pack is full of extra-exotic and extra-gritty presets for a broad range of sonic treatments, perfect for unconventional guitars, synth basses, synth pads, drum mangling, and more. Bit-crushed, filtered, and filled with an extra-dirty vibe, the Edge Expansion presets offer a more angular, vintage, and experimental "edge" to your Trash 2 experience. With 30 new Impulse Responses for further tone coloring and 70 new Presets built directly for these impulses, the Edge Expansion content was born to bring out the best of Trash 2's warm, jagged, nasty, subtle, classic, out-there sound.
- A SAMPLING OF 30 IMPULSES: Voodoo, Muck, Gravel, Big Wheel, Magnum, Taxicab, Powerman, Ignite...
- A PEEK AT 70 PATCHES: Electric Blaze, Hard Cider, Parasite, Filter Shred, Bleached, Ugly Couch...
iZotope Trash 2 Distortion Plug-In Features
- Multiband Trash Module
- The heart of Trash is its dual-stage multiband waveshaping distortionâ?"allowing you to chain pairs of distortions together for sonic manipulation. Split the signal into multiple bands and apply distortion independently to individual frequencies, each with their own custom waveshape. Use the new Waveform Trace to see exactly how you're mangling your waveforms in real time, and DC offset filtering to keep them centered and on track. Be extreme or be benevolent: the power of audio annihilation is completely within your control.
- Apply different distortion types to up to 4 frequency bands.
- Chain two distortion algorithms for each frequency band for up to 8 different flavors of destruction.
- Choose from over 60 different distortion algorithms.
- Design and edit your own distortions using the new graphic-based Waveshaper.
- Filter each stage with the included Post Filter.
- Further refine your distortions with the DC Offset Filter and Logarithmic Distortion modes.
- Filter Modules
- With distortion, tone is everything. Trash 2 gives you two new redesigned Filter modules to drive the frequencies you want into distortion or tame the ones you don't want. Shape the tone and make it your own with re-engineered Filter shapes and new Vowel Filters.
- Experiment with 20+ sweepable filters for tons of tonal options that range from clean and warm to fat and juicy to harsh and clipping.
- Get twice the filter action with brand new Filter 1 and Filter 2 modules.
- Add LFO and envelope modulation per node to get wahs, wubs, tremolos, and other sweeping effects.
- Let your Filter settings react dynamically to other incoming audio with new sidechaining support.
- Put both Filter modules in parallel to achieve different combinations of filter settings simultaneously.
- Convolve Module
- Trash features extremely realistic amp, device, cabinet, effect and speaker convolution modeling, freeing you to place your audio into another space (or object) entirely. Choose from classics, combos, boutique models, and stacks, or play with creative synthetic impulses from a number of different sources. There's a tone and character for any situationâ?"let Trash bring you outside the box with telephones, clock radios, sheet metal, plexiglass tubes, piano cabinets, tin cans, and more. Still want more? You're in luck! With the Convolve module, you can teleport your sound wherever you please by loading in your own audio files.
- Explore over 100 redesigned Impulse Responses, each one capturing the audio characteristics of another space or object.
- Load your own custom Impulse Response using any .wav or .aiff file.
- Adjust stereo width and placement using stereo imaging controls.
- Multiband Dynamics Module
- Controlling distortion goes far beyond simple filtering and limiting. To get the most out of your tracks, Trash 2 includes a multiband Compressor and Noise Gate to squash the peaks, add grit and character, silence the noise, or draw out sustain. With the addition of sidechaining support, multiband processing, and an updated compression algorithm, the Dynamics module is sure to be among the most powerful tools in Trash 2.
- Get analog-modeled and grit-filled compression and gating from the redesigned Dynamics module.
- Apply Dynamics to different frequency ranges independently with 4-band Multiband support.
- Trigger the Compressor or Gate via external sources with sidechaining supportâ?"even to individual frequency bands in Multiband mode.
- Keep an eye on extensive Dynamics metering for immediate visual feedback
- Determine exactly which frequencies trigger Dynamics processing using the new Detection Filter, or exploit the Filter's resonance for more creative applications of compression.
- Dig deeper into additional Dynamics options like Hard or Soft Knee compression, RMS or Peak level detection, and Auto-Gain compensation.
- Delay Module
- Experiment with 6 different delay types: Tape, Tape/Tube, Analog, Lo-fi Digital, Broken Bit, and Digital
- Adjust the special Trash slider for distorted delay effects.
- Adjust the post filter with resonance to tweak the wet signal.
iZotope Trash 2 Distortion Plug-In Specifications
- Supported operating systems:
- Windows: XP (32-bit Service Pack 3), Vista (64-bit), 7, 8
- Mac: OS X 10.6.8 or later (Intel only)
- Plug-in formats:
- Trash 2 is currently not compatible with Pro Tools 11 and 12 on Windows.
- Pro Tools 7.4â?"12 (RTAS, AudioSuite, 64-bit AAX), VST, VST3, Audio Unit, DirectX
- Plug-in host compatibility:
- Compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit hosts like Pro Tools 7.4+, Cubase, Nuendo, GarageBand, Logic, SONAR, ACID, Vegas, Ableton Live, and many more
Click here to view all iZotope products