Izotope RX 5 Upgrade (1-4 to RX5)
RX 5 Audio Editor’s groundbreaking improvements cement RX’s legacy as the industry standard for repairing and enhancing problematic production audio.
Paint your audio problems away within the Spectrogram via the Instant Process tool. From unwanted coughs to scene-interrupting sirens, one click simultaneously selects and processes your audio. Multiple editing passes are no more thanks to the Module Chain: Simply define a custom chain of audio processing tasks, then fire them off with a single click! Integrate the power of the RX with any DAW/NLE timeline using RX Connect. With added clip-by-clip and handles support, it’s the most efficient Avid Pro Tools and Media Composer post-production workflow available.
The Advanced version adds more time-saving, specialized post production tools. Level out hours of production dialogue in minutes. Quickly fill in ambience beds right from within Pro Tools AudioSuite. Save time by easily producing EQ consistency between dialogue lines with less manual effort.
Get the best-sounding dialogue with RX 5 Advanced Audio Editor’s industry-first enhancements. The new De-plosive instantly eliminates all plosives with total transparency, and the Leveler smooths volume inconsistencies with an automatic gain envelope. Intelligent De-breath and De-ess algorithms automatically detect and apply transparent clip gain adjustments, while doing the overall dialogue leveling. Rescue any audio from the cutting-room floor with RX 5 Audio Editor!
iZotope RX 3 Audio Restoration Software Features
- Instant Process Tool | Directly and intuitively paint away audio problems on the spectrograph. Intuitively cleanup and repair audio in a quick and immediate way that will save many mouse clicks.
- Module Chain | Process multiple modules (preset) at once, reducing the amount of mouse clicks. Get quick results and save time on a project that contain problematic audio needing multiple processes to get cleaned up.
- De-reverb | Reduce some of the reverb from a recorded space in order to make the dialogue useable. Salvage recordings of dialogue containing too much reverb/acoustic space without needing to spend time/money on a reshoot or ADR.
- Instant audio repair. In a single mouse click, RX 5 Audio Editor facilitates direct and meaningful interaction between you and your audio problem, without any context menus or other barriers
- Faster turnaround times. With a renewed focus on solution-oriented tools, RX 5 minimizes the number of steps needed to solve various audio repair problems.
- Dialogue production re-defined. Pioneering tools are designed not just to enhance the existing process and quality of dialogue production, but set the industry standard for dialogue ingesting, editing, and output.
iZotope RX 3 Audio Restoration Software System Requirements
- Operating system requirements:
- Both RX 5 Audio Editor and RX 5 Advanced Audio Editor can be used as a standalone audio editor, as a standalone audio editor connected to your host via RX Connect, or as a suite of plug-ins.
- Mac OS X 10.8 - 10.10
- Windows 7, 8, and 10
- Plug-in formats:
- Audiosuite DPM & AAX
- AU 32 & 64 bit
- VST 2 32 & 64 bit
- RTAS 32 bit
- AAX 64 bit
- Host compatibility:
- In addition to being available in RX 5 Audio Editor's standalone mode, the modules are also compatible as plug-ins for popular hosts like
iZotope RX 3 Audio Restoration Software Includes
- Instant Process Tool
- Directly and intuitively paint away audio problems on the spectrogram within the timeline. Intuitively cleanup and repair audio in a quick and immediate way that will save many mouse clicks. Instant Process is a mode that may be toggled on/off. When Instant Process is on, any selection you make is immediately processed. Simply paint an audio problem away without needing to open a module, choose settings, and then click Process. Instant Process offers several different modes (Attenuate, De-click, Fade, and Gain, and Replace) which will instantly process the settings present in the named module/tab.
- Module Chain
- Process multiple modules (preset) at once, reducing the amount of mouse clicks. Get quick results and save time on a project that contain problematic audio needing multiple processes to get cleaned up.
- Corrective EQ
- Surgically reduce and remove problematic frequencies.
- The Corrective EQ module can often be a simple first step to preparing a file for cleanup and repair. Now with a new easy-to-use UI, 6 fully parametric bands and new filters to be used for cutting harsh high frequencies, rolling off low rumbles, reducing standing waves from a boomy location recording or increasing the intelligibility of dialogue.
- Reduce some of the reverb from a recorded space in order to make the dialogue useable. Salvage recordings of dialogue containing too much reverb/acoustic space without needing to spend time/money on a reshoot or ADR. Take control over the amount of ambient space captured in a recording: make large cathedrals sound like small halls and make roomy vocals sound like they were recorded in a proper studio space. With easy-to-use controls and powerful technology under the hood, it's an essential tool for anyone seeking a tighter mix.
- RX Connect
- Integrate a quick workflow between your DAW/NLE and RX Audio Editor to utilize all the repair/enhancement modules needed to cleanup production audio. For Pro Tools RX Connect now supports clip-by-clip and handles which preserves the boundaries of clips, so you can conform to future picture changes with ease. RX Monitor enables you to monitor your audio from the RX Audio Editor application through your host application (i.e. Pro Tools, which does not allow other applications to use their hardware simultaneously).
- Dialogue De-noise
- Restore problematic vocal or production audio recordings in real time. The zero-latency Dialogue De-noise real-time plug-in is the most powerful denoiser focused on dialogue treatment. When unwanted background and ambient noise threaten the quality of dialogue recordings, Dialogue De-noise replaces the need for costly and time-consuming automated dialogue replacement (ADR)—ensuring professional sounding results, every time. And with an intuitive "set it and forget it" workflow that automatically adjusts to changing noise profiles, those working in high-end post production houses as well as home studios will find it incredibly easy to use.
- With an algorithm specifically tuned to keep dialogue as pristine as possible, Dialogue De-noise can treat most problems right out of the box—potentially saving you hours of time.
- Spectral Repair
- Visually isolate and paint away to remove any unwanted sounds.
- Spectral Repair is the key to discovering what your waveform won't show you. Use familiar drawing tools to identify and select problem frequencies and unwanted sounds. Salvage unusable material by filling in audio gaps instantly. With a unique visualization and a variety of selection tools at your fingertips, Spectral Repair lets you get closer to your audio—and take a hands-on approach to repairing and enhancing it.
- Once a problem sound has been identified, the Spectral Repair algorithms available either in the module or Instant Process Tool, are able to resynthesize the audio while taking into consideration tonal harmonics, nonlinear pitch changes like vibrato, background noise characteristics and transient events. With the power of these tools, you can remove or attenuate unwanted, interfering sounds—from barking dogs and breath noises to string squeaks, fret noise, and missed/wrong notes.
- RX 5 Advanced Audio Editor includes a multi-resolution mode that more accurately separates unwanted noise and desired audio.
- Reduce unwanted background noise quickly and easily.
- De-noise provides natural noise reduction with unparalleled clarity and control. Built with the most troublesome audio imperfections in mind, De-noise removes unwanted tonal and broadband noise from any type of recording—such as music, old recordings, home movies, production recordings, and more. With transparent noise suppression technology that minimizes artifacts, the De-noise module is carefully designed to preserve the character of your audio.
- RX 5 Advanced Audio Editor features Adaptive Mode, which analyzes changing noise profiles and fixes audio imperfections automatically. It's the ideal choice for fast, efficient audio repair on the fly.
- Eliminate clicks, crackles, pops and digital impulse noises.
- De-click automatically identifies and removes clicks, pops and digital impulse noises that can ruin a listening experience. Turn to De-click when polishing audio transfers and other recordings suffering from quality degradation, digital errors, mouth noises, and interference from cell phones. For the toughest click and crackle problems, Interpolate Mode allows you to make manual sample-level corrections to audio.
- De-crackle is designed to treat continuous background crackle from sources such as vinyl, but can also treat problems like dry-mouthed spoken word and reed noise from woodwind instruments.
- Remove electrical hum and line noise.
- De-hum automatically identifies the base frequency of unwanted hum, and precisely removes it from the recording along with harmonics—ensuring a clean overall sound without electrical interference. For more complex hum and buzz removal, the module also automatically recommends when to use De-noise instead, so you'll always have the best tool at hand for the job. The "Adaptive" mode removes hum that changes in frequency over time.
Click here to view all iZotope products