Izotope Ozone 7 Advanced Upgrade (1-6 to Ozone 7 Advanced)
With Ozone 7 Advanced music production software, it’s now faster and easier to produce a full, polished sound with critically-acclaimed set of mastering and mixing tools..
Glue a mix together, control dynamic range, and add deep, rich character with Ozone’s new vintage modules: Vintage EQ, Vintage Compressor, Vintage Limiter, and Vintage Tape. Bring the best sonic characteristics of analog hardware to your digital recordings. Plus, preview the sound of your masters before you output with the new Codec Preview. Ozone Advanced also includes all ten of Ozone’s modules as separate plug-ins for adding the Ozone power on your mix busses.
Use Ozone as a plug-in or a standalone application for the final mastering touch you need before exporting to a variety of popular formats.
iZotope Ozone 7 Advanced Mastering Software Features
- Get essential mastering and mixing tools: Maximizer, Dynamic EQ (now in both Standard and Advanced), the new Vintage Limiter, and more.
- Quickly achieve authentic sounds for any genre and style with a comprehensive bank of presets.
- Master within your audio editing software with Ozone as a plug-in or in its own environment with the standalone options.
- Standalone Application: As a standalone application, Ozone also allows you to master multiple tracks in one session without leaving Ozone.
- Customize your sound even more by bringing other favorite plug-ins into your Ozone mastering chain with AU/VST plug-in hosting.
- Get smooth song transitions by adjusting the tops and tails of your audio with Trim and Fade controls.
- Instantly highlight changes and similar sections of your audio with the Waveform Segmentation overlay, for quick listening comparisons or for analyzing song structure.
- Get the highest quality conversion possible with iZotope’s SRC™ (sample rate conversion) on file import, and iZotope’s MBIT+™ Dither for single- and multiple-file export.
iZotope Ozone 7 Advanced Mastering Software Specifications
- Windows: 7, 8, and 10
- Mac: OS X 10.8–10.11 (Intel only)
- Plug-in formats: RTAS, Audio Suite, AAX (64bit), VST2 and 3, Audio Unit
- Plug-in host compatibility:
iZotope Ozone 7 Advanced Mastering Software Includes
- Ozone’s highly regarded mastering limiter features a new IRC IV algorithm that uses spectral shaping technology, an innovative new way of processing audio. With IRC IV, you can achieve professional loudness and fullness without the limiter needing to work as hard. Get more transparent limiting than ever before with less pumping at higher volumes — ideal for times when you need to tame the kick drum peaks without causing vocals to pump, keep the subtle snap of a snare rimshot in a country single, or give a club track incredible impact. Prevent your master from clipping while dramatically lifting the perceived overall audio level, for more loudness without sacrificing crisp detail.
- Dynamic EQ
- Now in both the standard version of Ozone and Ozone Advanced, the Dynamic EQ module lives and breathes with your music. Get finer control over your sound with the precision of an equalizer and the musical ballistics of a compressor integrated into one processor. With an intuitive workflow and clearer visual feedback, Dynamic EQ is a valuable mastering tool that excels where traditional EQs and compressors fail.
- Vintage Limiter (New)
- Vintage Limiter takes the "Tube" mode that we introduced to the Maximizer in Ozone 6.1 and expands it out to its own module and adds both a faster and slower setting. Vintage Limiter Glue a mix together and add character with the Vintage Limiter’s analog-sounding final-stage limiting. Retain the ease and precision of digital maximizing while bringing a natural feel to harsh and digital-sounding masters. Get the silkiness, body, and nostalgic vibe of classic recordings.
- Vintage Tape (New)
- The Vintage Tape module brings the distinctive richness and feel of tape saturation to your modern digital recordings with all the frequency coloration, distortion, and phase effects of tape. Take advantage of analog tone for masters that sound more musical with added dimension, fatness, and depth.
- Vintage Compressor (New)
- The Vintage Compressor module is a single-band feedback compressor for subtle warming and sweetening effects. Featuring program-dependent release times, the compressor tailors release shapes to adapt naturally to your music. Thicken the mid-range, tighten and round out the lows, let the top sparkle, and get authentic vintage character.
- Vintage EQ (New)
- With the richness, musicality, and color of Pultec equalizers, Vintage EQ lets you brighten your master, smooth out heavy low end, and add body to your digital recordings. With discrete frequency value selections, you can bring a musical focus to your EQ approach. Use the boost and cut controls separately – but at the same time! – for a low-shelf that boosts first, then cuts, and then levels out to smoothly avoid making your mix sound “boomy.”
- Ozone's Preset Manager gives you professionally designed starting points for mastering your projects. Power users will appreciate the ability to create presets that utilize all of Ozone's modules and routing capabilities for instant recall of useful configurations and a customized blend of analog and modern processing. Ozone 7 Advanced comes with additional presets that incorporate Advanced-only modules in the signal chain. Plus, the Greg Calbi Mastering Presets for Ozone now come as part of your product installation.
- Easily fine-tune the dynamics of your mixes with independent control for up to four frequency bands, each with separate limiting, compressing, and expanding. The interactive Threshold control allows you to set threshold points for the Limiter and Compressor stages without taking your eyes off of the gain reduction meter, which provides extra feedback while making your detailed dynamics tweaks.
- Codec Preview (New)
- Get a real-time listen to how your master will sound when rendered with industry standard codecs with Codec Preview. Preview the sound of your encoded master within your audio editing software or the Ozone standalone application. Instantly make any needed adjustments to perfect the audio for streaming or online music stores with this easy-to-use tool that improves your workflow.
- Export Formats (New)
- Specify the file format for export from a variety of compressed and uncompressed popular formats like MP3, WAV, AIF, and AAC. Eliminate the need for a separate converter and export your digital formats directly from Ozone.
- Standalone Application
- As a standalone application, Ozone also allows you to master multiple tracks in one session without leaving Ozone.
- Equalizer and Post Equalizer
- Ozone includes two equalizers that combine eight bands of adjustable filters with a variety of filter shapes to choose from. Use the first Equalizer for initial shaping of your master, then take advantage of Ozone's Post Equalizer for even more shaping later on in your signal chain. The Analog-Matched EQ curves preserve analog behavior at high frequencies, giving Ozone authentic analog frequency response.
- Precisely adjust stereo width for your master using the Imager module. The Imager works with up to four frequency bands — providing independent control over stereo width by frequency. An integrated Vectorscope and Correlation Meter give you valuable visual feedback for the mastering process, including Polar vectorscope modes and a Stereo Balance meter.
- Ozone’s Exciter lets you dial in the right amount of bite or warmth to excite dull recordings and bring sparkle and shine to a mix. Easily enhance dull recordings by adding tube grit, accentuating harmonics, and adding punch or sparkle with a variety of excitation modes. Multiband and Mid/Side modes give you a large range of sonic possibilities across both the frequency spectrum and the stereo field.
- Ozone provides the finest bit reduction algorithms available, allowing you to effectively convert and dither to 24, 20, 16, 12, or 8 bits. Master your track from a 24-bit source for lower-bit output, such as 16-bit for CD. Ozone includes our proprietary MBIT+ dither algorithm that reduces quantization distortion with minimal perceived noise — smooth and quiet conversions for the best-sounding dither possible.
- Intelligent Visual Metering
- Insight, iZotope's metering suite, is included as a separate component plug-in with Ozone 7 Advanced. Insight provides an extensive set of audio analysis and metering tools, perfect for visualizing changes made during mixing and mastering and troubleshooting problematic mixes. Visually monitor all relevant information from your mono, stereo, or surround mix in a convenient floating window.
Click here to view all iZotope products