Genelec 8430APM IP Studio Monitor
Genelec offers the 8430APM IP Smart Active Monitoring (SAM) solution for AES67 standard audio-over-IP applications The 8430A IP SAM (Smart Active Monitoring) studio monitor is a high-resolution audio monitoring solution using the power of Smart Active Monitoring and GLM AutoCal, automated system calibration, technologies for professional audio-over-IP (AoIP) applications with audio streaming capability compliant with AES67 and Ravenna industry standards.
The Genelec 8430A is a two-way smart active monitor designed for demanding professional audio-over-IP applications using interoperable AES67 format. Genelec Smart Active Monitor (SAM) digital signal processing (DSP) built inside each smart active monitor with Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) software provides unparalleled acoustic quality, ease of use, and high monitoring accuracy even in difficult acoustic environments. The high performance drivers are directly connected to dedicated Class D power amplifiers. System protection is implemented as a part of the SAM signal processing. The MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) enclosure is made of die-cast aluminium and shaped to reduce edge diffraction. Combined with the advanced Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW), this design contributes to the excellent acoustic neutrality.
The 8430A features Genelec MDE and DCW technologies, a flow optimized reflex port, high SPL, low noise and wide uncoloured response in a very compact enclosure. The Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM 2.0) control network and software allows adjustments of all aspects of monitor settings and full system control. Genelec AutoCal allows to automatically align every monitor on the network for level, timing, and equalisation of room response anomalies.
The 8430A Ethernet audio streaming capability is compliant with AES67 and Ravenna industry standards and supports all the typical standard audio sample rates. With its Genelec Class D amplifier technology, universal mains voltage and very high reliability, the 8430 fulfills all the stringent quality requirements of modern IP streaming applications.
Genelec 8430APM IP Studio Monitor Features
- Intelligently controlled, IP network-capable product using AES67 standard for easy system integration
- Optimized Amplifiers - Class D Amplifier Technology
- Active Crossovers - The ultimate in accuracy
- Smart Active Monitor (SAM) -
- Smart active monitors are easy to operate and can adapt to any acoustical environments
- GLM computer control allows repeatable, consistent performance
- Complete solution-oriented Smart Active Monitoring systems eliminate guesswork in system configuration and acoustic performance optimization
- GLM network flexibility allows set up and computer-control of more than 30 monitors
- Genelec GLM AutoCal measures the acoustic response in the listening area and applies relevant compensations to minimise the room’s acoustical influence
- Reducing the perceived differences between listening environments or positions, SAM systems enable accurate transfer of audio productions between rooms
- In the factory, every single product is calibrated and 100 % evaluated for acoustic performance guaranteeing excellent similarity between units and consistent high performance
- Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) - contributes to excellent acoustic neutrality
- Protection Circuitry
- Minimum Diffraction Enclosure
- Reflex Port Design
- Iso-Pod™ Stand - The Genelec 8430A offers the Iso-Pod (Isolation Positioner/Decoupler) vibration insulating stand allowing tilting of the monitor acoustic axis towards the listener.
- Versatile Mountings - The bottom of the monitor has a 3/8 in UNC thread. The rear has two M6 x 10mm threads for wall or ceiling mounts. Genelec offers a selection of mounting accessories.
- ISS Autostart Function - Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS) enables very low standby power consumption, less than 0.5 watts.
- Genelec quality and reliability ensure a long term investment and outstanding audio quality
- Analog Audio Input - The analog audio input on both models accepts a balanced male XLR connector.
- AES67 Audio-over-IP Input - The 8430A digital audio input accepts a Ethernet cable (RJ45 connector) carrying an AES67 formatted digital audio signal. The 8430 can be configured to receive one or two channels in an audio stream.
Genelec 8430APM IP Studio Monitor Specifications
- SPL: 104 dB
- Frequency response: 45 Hz – 23 kHz (-6 dB)
- Accuracy of frequency response: ± 1.5 dB (58 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Driver dimension
- Woofer 5 inch
- Tweeter 3/4 inch metal dome + DCW
- Amplifier power
- H 299 x W 189 x D 178 mm, with Iso-Pod
- H 11 7/8" x W 7 1/2" x D 7 1/16" inches, with Iso-Pod
- 1 x XLR analog input
- 1 x RJ45 (etherCON compatible) for AES67
- 2 x RJ45 GLM control network
Genelec 8430APM IP Studio Monitor Includes
- 1 x 8430APM IP Studio Monitor
- 1 x IEC mains power cable
- 2 x 5 meter RJ45 cables
- Operating manual
Genelec 8430APM IP Studio Monitor Downloads
Click here to view all Genelec products