Genelec 8350APM GLM Stereo SAM Monitor Package
The Genelec 8350APM GLM Stereo SAM (Smart Active Monitor) Package from Front End Audio gives you everything you need to get started with a pair of Genelec 8350A DSP Monitors, the Genelec GLM V2.0 Loudspeaker Manager User Kit with AutoCal, AutoPhase, the 8300A measurement microphone and GLM network interface, Genelec 9310AM Volume Control for GLM V2.0, premium quality Mogami Gold Studio cabling (analog XLR, or AES/EBU - your choice). and the expertise with the GLM system that only Front End Audio can give.
Genelec's Smart Active Monitoring (SAM) offerings must be assembled as a complete system - at least to start. And nobody knows this system like Front End Audio. We've put together a few custom bundles that make purchasing a Genelec SAM system easy and painless.
Included are a pair of Genelec 8350A Smart Active Monitoring (SAM) monitors, Genelec GLM V2.0 Loudspeaker Manager User Kit (required for accessing and setting up the DSP component of the monitors - includes 8300A measurement microphone and GLM v2.0 Network Interface, GLM Loudspeaker Manager software, and AutoCal software), the Genelec 9310AM Volume Control for GLM V2.0, a pair of Mogami's 15 foot Gold Studio Quad Neglex XLR cables. OR - if you're working in a purely digital situation, you have your option to take a pair of 12 Foot Mogami Gold AES / EBU Cables, instead (Let us know if your setup requires other cabling - we're flexible!). And if you want BOTH, just let us know. We have very special pricing on all Mogami you purchase together with the system.
Once you have this basic system in place, adding a Genelec SAM Smart Subwoofer, like the new Genelec 7360A or Genelec 7370A is easy. GLM's AutoCal and AutoPhase functionality delivers perfectly aligned and adjusted audio to your listening position. Not only that... but you can measure different points in the room, and store the correction to quick keys, allowing you to quickly "throw" the corrected sound to the producer or artist hanging out on the couch. It's not gimmicky; it's very, very real, and very useful.
The new, completely re-designed Genelec 8350APM Smart Active Monitor (SAM) lifts audio monitoring precision and performance to an entirely new level of accuracy. Featuring Genelec 8000 Series Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE) and Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) technologies, a flow optimized reflex port, very high sound pressure level, low colouration and broad bandwidth, the new 8340 and 8350 share all technical attributes and outstanding benefits of all SAM Systems family-members. You can now focus all your creativity in the audio productions with a reliable monitoring tool, anywhere you are.
The 8350A features Genelec MDE and DCW technologies, Class D amplification, a flow optimized reflex port, high sound pressure level and wide uncoloured response as well as universal mains power supply. Fully backward compatible, the 8350A shares all technical attributes and outstanding benefits of all SAM Systems family-members such as Genelec AutoCal and Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) control network technologies which allow adjustments of all aspects of monitor settings.
Covering all possible analogue or digital audio applications, the 8350A is the indispensable monitoring solution for recording studios, post-production houses, digital edit suites, radio, TV and outside broadcasting. You can now focus all your creativity in the audio productions with a reliable monitoring tool, anywhere you are.
Genelec GLM V2.0 Loudspeaker Manager User Kit
The brain of every Smart monitoring system is Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM™), and GLM 2.0 is the Smartest version yet. With an expanded feature set but the same intuitive ease of operation, the software is already creating the world’s Smartest SAM Systems.
What is AutoCal?
A world’s first technology that changed how monitoring systems are created, AutoCal™ takes on the hard work of system optimisation so you don’t have to. Included in the integrated process is the automatic measurement, analysis, and adjustment of every Smart monitor and Smart subwoofer on the GLM 2.0 control network.
A factory-calibrated Genelec 8300A acoustic measurement microphone (included) is used to capture all parameters of your acoustic environment.
AutoCal measures the response in the listening area and applies relevant compensation in the low and low-mid frequencies to minimise detrimental room acoustic anomalies as well as differences between various listening positions. It also sets the correct crossover phase for all Smart subwoofers on the network.
After automated calibration, based on one or more listening positions, all components in a system play back at the same level and timing, with acoustical colourations removed from the monitors’ responses, leaving superb consistency and neutral sound stage imaging.
The Acoustic Response Editor provides an accurate graphical display of the measured response, filter compensation and the resulting system response for each monitor, with full manual control of acoustic settings.
SinglePoint™ and MultiPoint™ microphone positions provide measurements options to suit your requirements, including one, two or three person mixing environments. Additionally, calibration settings for different listening positions can be instantly recalled.
Genelec 8350APM GLM Stereo SAM Monitor Package Features
- Genelec 8350A Features:
- Optimized Amplifiers
- Active Crossovers
- Smart Active Monitor™
- Directivity Control Waveguide™
- Protection Circuitry
- Minimum Diffraction Enclosure™
- Reflex Port Design
- Iso-Pod™ Stand
- Versatile Mountings
- Intelligent Signal Sensing™
- Genelec GLM V2.0 Loudspeaker Manager User Kit Features:
- Manage and control up to 30 Smart monitors and Smart subwoofers.
- Easily and swiftly create systems to suit all types of multichannel or 3D immersive audio formats.
- Optimise the performance of your Smart monitoring system and make the most of the environment in which you are working.
- Use AutoCal™ to achieve neutral sound reproduction. Accurate and stable sound stage imaging is delivered thanks to adjustments of levels, distance delays, subwoofer crossover phase and room response compensation equalisation.
- Store calibration settings for different listening positions then instantly recall them as required during production.
- Adapt to your acoustic environment – symmetrical or individualised stereo pair equalisation compensation can be used depending on your requirements.
- Achieve smooth frequency response transition around the crossover point, as phase is automatically corrected for all Smart subwoofers on the network.
- Use the Group function to create and recall customised response curves, with each monitor Group possessing its own GLM calibration file. Also include both analogue and digital inputs in Groups, plus an unlimited number of system setup files.
- Manage levels with the software-based GLM master fader or external wired or wireless volume controllers. An on-screen, real-time SPL reading of the active monitor Group allows you to keep watch over the production SPL.
- Enjoy the benefits of repeatable and consistent performance, enabling accurate monitoring in any production environment.
Genelec 8350APM GLM Stereo SAM Monitor Package Specifications
- SPL: 112 dB
- Frequency response: 33 Hz – 22 kHz (-6 dB)
- Accuracy of frequency response: ± 1.5 dB (38 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Driver dimension
- Woofer 8 inch
- Tweeter 1 inch, metal dome + DCW™
- Amplifier power (All Class D)
- Woofer 200 W
- Tweeter 150 W
- H 452 x W 286 x D 278 mm, with Iso-Pod™
- H 17 13/16 x W 11 1/4 x D 10 15/16 inch, with Iso-Pod™
- 1 x XLR analog input
- 1 x input / 1 x output XLR digital AES/EBU
- 2 x RJ45 control network
Genelec 8350APM GLM Stereo SAM Monitor Package Includes
Genelec 8350APM GLM Stereo SAM Monitor Package Downloads
What We Think
"We put the Genelec 8350APM GLM Stereo DSP Monitor Package together as a comprehensive solution for the discriminating studio and engineer looking for immense power both in sound quality and accuracy combined with the power to enact precise room acoustics corrections across the entire frequency spectrum, as well as recall acoustics-samplings from various points in the room and recall them at will - thus shifting the stereo image to that location. We at Front End Audio have long used the Genelec 8240APM GLM Stereo DSP Monitor Package in our studio and we couldn't be happier with the results. With the system we are able to 'sample the acoustical DNA', if you will, of the listening space and actually get an accurate read on what is happening in the room as a result of the sweeps on each monitor. And once we have that, it's possible to identify specific problems in the room and actual opportunities for corrections that you can make to free up the GLM System to address more specific issues. Again, this addresses the entire audible frequency spectrum - not just the single dominant 'room mode' frequency. The GLM v2.0 System and 8300 Series Genelec Digital Studio Monitors make it possible to attain a monitor consistency from control room to control room, making them the ideal choice for the freelance engineer who travels with their own monitors, needing consistency from environment to environment. Give us a call at 888-228-4530 and we can help you select the right Genelec Digital Monitor System for your needs."
Alan Moon - Front End Audio
Click here to view all Genelec products