Genelec 8260A Active DSP Monitor Details
The new Genelec 8260A 3-way DSP system is a masterpiece in electro-acoustic design which features major advances in audio driver technology integrated to a sophisticated enclosure design.
Genelec MDC Minimum Diffraction Coaxial Mid/High driver technology takes a big step in perfecting audio quality in professional active studio monitors. This breakthrough in coaxial driver design provides more accurate imaging and improved sound quality both on the acoustical axis as well as off-axis. The extremely smooth frequency response leads to outstanding clarity and definition of the inner details of the music.
The 8260A combines, for the first time, a coaxial driver (MDC) with a modern waveguide technology (DCW), ensuring drivers to couple coherently over their full operating bandwidth, as well as creating coincident mid-frequency/high frequency point source.
As a new member of the TEC Award-winning 8200 Series, the 8260A features Genelec DSP signal processing responsible for all loudspeaker functions, such as the crossover filters, driver equalizers, driver position alignment, room response alignment, calibration, and equalization related filters as well as distance compensating delays.
The Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) software manages all these functions allowing the 8260A to be used together with other 8200 Series DSP monitors and 7200 Series subwoofers in the same setup. Genelec AutoCal automated room calibration and sound system alignment method provides consistent and accurate frequency response for a multichannel audio system in widely varying room environments.
The 8260A is housed in a die-cast aluminum Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE) with acoustically optimized rounded edges to prevent diffractions and yielding superb sound stage imaging. The robust enclosure is also completely immune to vibrations. Each 8260A also comes with an Iso-Pod (Isolation Positioner/Decoupler) which eliminates coloration of the sound by decoupling the monitor from its mounting surface. For ideal mounting in differing environments, the 8260A includes integrated rear support points for various floor and wall stands.
Genelec 8260A Active DSP Monitor Features
- Considerably more sound pressure(SPL) than Genelec largest two-way systems.
- Improved sound quality due to the dedicated midrange channel. This Improves midrange clarity and keeps the subjective clarity even with slightly overloaded low frequency channel.
- Outstanding imaging and off-axis definition due to coincident MF and HF (MDC) drivers.
- Exceptional clarity and precise imaging thanks to the absence of discontinuities in the design of the Minimum Diffraction Coaxial (MDC) driver combined with the Advanced Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW)
- Industrial and robust enclosure design: die-cast aluminum Minimum Diffraction Enclosure-MDE
- Effective and reliable auto-calibration of stereo and surround systems thanks to AutoCal- automatic room alignment- technology.
- New generation of low distortion drivers.
- Advanced filtering and power amplification.
- High performance reflex port design avoiding port turbulence and noise as well as improving LF efficiency and definition.
- Proprietary GLM control network formation over CAT5 connections.
- Comprehensive user interface with GLM software.
- AES/EBU or analog audio signals compatibility.
- Better integration of loadspeakers in the digital studio environment.
- Free-standing design which can also be flush mounted.
Genelec 8260A Active DSP Monitor Specifications
- Input format: Analog and Digital
- Input word length: 16, 24 bits
- Digital Input: AES/EBU (single/dual wire)
- Connector type: XLR female input (same input for Analog and Digital - Auto-Sensing)
- Input sampling rate: 32 -192 kHz
- Control network: Proprietary Genelec Loudspeaker Manager network (GLM)
- System calibration: AutoCal, GLM manual, Stand-alone
- Maximum short time sine wave acoustic output at 1 m on axis in half space, averaged from 100 Hz to 3 kHz: ≥113 dB SPL
- Maximum peak acoustic output per pair with music material: ≥123 dB SPL @ 1m
- Bass: 10"
- Midrange: 5" laminate cone
- Treble: 3/4" coaxial Al-dome
- Crossover frequencies: 490 Hz, 3 kHz
- Free field frequency response: 29 Hz - 21 kHz (± 1 dB)
- Amplifier power /ch:
- Bass 150 W
- Midrange 120 W
- Treble 120 W
- Speaker dimensions (H x W x D)
- Power: 110 V, 60Hz
- mm 570 x 357 x 347 mm (Height with Iso-Pod 593 mm)
- inches 22 7/16 x 14 1/16 x 13 5/8" (Height with Iso-Pod 23 3/8")
- Speaker weight: 27.5 kg (60.5 lb)
Genelec 8260A Active DSP Monitor Downloads
Click here to view all Genelec products