Genelec 6010A Active Monitor (Single) Details
The Genelec 6010A bi-amplified monitor speaker puts the renowned manufacturer's reputation for quality and great sound right on your desktop! The amazingly compact 6010A features a cast-aluminum Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE) with Genelec's advanced waveguide technology. Individual 12-watt amplifiers provide power to both a 3" LF driver and 3/4" metal dome tweeter, giving you amazingly full sound - and 102dB system output per pair at one meter - from a very small desktop footprint. Now you can get great Genelec sound quality from even the most space-starved desktop with the 6010A!
Compact and versatile
Designed by Genelec's R&D team in cooperation with internationally acclaimed Finnish designer Harri Koskinen, the active 6010A contains its own power amplifiers, active crossover filters and automatic protection circuitry. RCA line level audio connectors provide direct connection to a computer sound card, portable MP3 player or preamplifier.
The cast-aluminium Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE) and advanced Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) technologies are carefully matched with advanced amplifier and electronics circuitry and the latest drivers. Bass response extends down to 73Hz while distortion is exceptionally low due to a uniquely new rear reflex port design.
A very efficient monitor
The system's excellent directivity characteristics and accurate imaging together with its compact size and flexible mounting options make the 6010A the perfect loudspeaker for a wide range of applications.
Genelec 6010A Active Monitor (Single) Features
- Color: Black
- Cast-aluminum enclosure
- Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW)
- RCA connectors
- Extended bass response
- Automatic protection circuitry
- LF driver: 3"
- HF driver: 3/4" metal dome
- Crossover frequency: 3kHz
- Frequency response: 74 Hz - 18 kHz (± 2.5 dB)
- Amplifier power/channel: 12W LF, 12W HF
- System output: 102dB/pair at one meter
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 7-1/8" x 4-3/4" x 4 1/2"
- Weight: 3.1 lbs.
Genelec 6010A Active Monitor (Single) Specifications
- Lower cut-off frequency, 3 dB: < 73 Hz
- Upper cut-off frequency, 3 dB: > 21 kHz
- Free field frequency response: 74 Hz 18 kHz (± 2.5 dB)
- Maximum short term sine wave acoustic output on axis in half space, averaged from 100 Hz to 3 kHz:
- @ 1 m > 9333333dB SPL
- @ 0.5 m > 9999999dB SPL
- Maximum long term RMS acoustic output in same conditions with IEC weighted noise (limited by driver unit protection circuit: @ 1 m > 91 dB SPL
- Maximum peak acoustic output per pair with music material: @ 1 m > 102 dB SPL
- Self generated noise level in half space at 1 m on axis (A-weighted): < 5 dB
- Harmonic distortion at 80 dB SPL at 1 m on axis:
- Freq: 70
400 Hz: < 3%
- Freq: > 400 Hz: < 0.5 %
- Bass: 76 mm (3") cone
- Treble: 19 mm (3/4") metal dome
- Weight: 1,4 kg (3.1 lb)
- Height including Iso-Pod table stand: 195 mm (711/16)
- Height without Iso-Pod table stand: 181 mm (71/8)
- Width: 121 mm (43/4")
- Depth: 114 mm (41/2)
- Bass amplifier short term output power: 12 W at 8 Ohm load
- Treble amplifier short term output power: 12 W at 8 Ohm load
- (Long term output power is limited by driver unit protection circuitry)
- Amplifier system THD at nominal output: < 0.08 %
- Mains voltage: 100, 120, 220 or 230 V
- Power consumption (average)
- Idle: 5 VA
- Full output: 35 VA
- Signal input connector: RCA female, unbalanced 10 kOhm (pin +, ring gnd)
- Input level for 90 dB SPL output at 1 m: -6 dBu at volume control max
- Sensitivity control range: -12 dB relative to max output
- Crossover frequency, Bass/Treble: 3.0 kHz
- Desktop control operating range: 0 to 4 dB @ 200 Hz
- Bass Tilt control operating range in 2 dB steps: From 0 to -6 dB @ 100 Hz
- The CAL position is with all tone controls set to off and the input sensitivity control to maximum (fully clockwise).
Genelec 6010A Active Monitor (Single)
What We Think - Genelec 6010A Review
"The Genelec 6010A is a remarkable little beast. Though it's not much bigger than a snow-globe, once you hear the the 6010A, you'll know immediately that it is a Genelec through and through. This pint-sized monitor is perfect as a portable "hotel-room" monitor for the working musician (tour bus, anyone?), and works great as a small monitor reference - though it will probably give your larger near-fields a run for their money. Match a pair (or even five for surround) together with the Genelec 5040A sub and you've got a great little full-range system that is perfect for not only for playing back music, but also a great system for Apple TV or as a powered surround setup for discriminating home theater enthusiasts who want maximum performance in as small a package as possible. A full compliment of available accessories such as stands and mounts make these little jammers able to work for most any small-scale application you can come up with."
Alan Moon - Front End Audio
Click here to view all Genelec products