Focusrite RedNet MP8R Network Interface
The Focusrite RedNet MP8R Network Interface is an 8-channel remote-controlled mic pre developed specifically and eight channels of Focusrite’s legendary high-precision A/D converters, operating at up to 192kHz/24-bit with minimum latency and offering class-leading dynamic range and overall performance - and it works for all Dante networks.
RedNet MP8R is an 8-channel remote-controlled microphone preamplifier and A/D for the Dante audio-over-IP network, designed specifically for the live sound/recording and broadcast environments, and other workflows where reliability is paramount, with Ethernet and power supply redundancy. The MP8R features eight high-quality remote-controlled mic preamps developed specifically for the RedNet range, and backed by thirty years of mic preamplifier development. Each preamp has a dual input impedance of 10k or 2.4k ohms, allowing flexibility when running multiple mic pres in parallel. The device includes eight auxiliary outputs with automatic DSP-based gain tracking for digital “splits”. Following the mic pres are eight channels of Focusrite’s legendary high-precision A/D converters, operating at up to 192kHz/24-bit with minimum latency and offering class-leading dynamic range and overall performance. The MP8R features a rugged, roadworthy exterior and high internal build quality. In addition, the unit offers a compact 1U rack-mount form factor.
Focusrite RedNet MP8R Network Interface Features
- Built-in redundancy with dual power and network connections
- Rugged roadworthy all-metal construction, high build quality, locking power and etherCON Ethernet connectors
- Eight Focusrite remote-controlled preamps with enhanced input level capability, and dual input impedance to deliver maximum performance when one mic feeds single or multiple pres
- Two outputs from each preamp: one direct and the other automatically gain-compensated to deliver a constant level
- Remote-controllable Gain, Phantom Power and High-Pass Filter from Yamaha CL and QL Series Consoles.
- 20dB pad, HPF and polarity inversion per input
- Operate locally, or remotely via RedNet Control software, Pro Tools, MIDI or OCA (Open Control Architecture – available 2015 via firmware update)
- Precision low-latency conversion at up to 24-bit/192kHz, with best-in-class dynamic range and overall audio quality
- 6-segment LED level meters; OLED display indicates input gain and system information
- Compact 1U form factor
- Full interoperability with other Dante products and networks
Focusrite RedNet MP8R Network Interface Specifications
- Microphone Inputs
- Gain Range: 10dB to 65dB in 1dB steps
- Type: Electronically Balanced, Zin = 2.4kΩ/10kΩ (Switchable); Inputs default to 2.4kΩ when unit is unpowered.
- Max. Input Level: 29dBu ±0.5; min gain with pad for 0dBFS, Rs = 150Ω
- Min. Input Level: -46dBu ±0.5; max gain without pad for 0dBFS, Rs = 150Ω
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 40kHz ±0.1dB
- THD + N: -98dB (0.0012%) @ -1dBFS, Rs = 150Ω
- EIN: -129dBu ‘A’-Weighted (typical), Rs = 150Ω
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 118dB 'A'-Weighted (typical), Rs = 150Ω
- Phantom Power: +48V, independently switchable per channel.
- Pad: -20dB, independently switchable per channel.
- HPF: -6dB @ 65 ± 3Hz, 12dB/Octave, independently switchable per channel.
- Input to Input: <-100dB 20Hz - 20kHz; minimum input gain.
- Digital Performance
- Supported Sample Rates: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 kHz (-4% / -0.1% / +0.1% / +4.167%) at 24 bit
- Clock Sources: Internal or from Dante Network Master.
- Rear Panel Connectivity
- Mic Inputs: 8 x Female XLR
- PSU & Network Connections
- PSU: 2 x IEC Inputs with retaining clips.
- Network: 2 x etherCON connectors, also compatible with standard RJ45 connectors.
- Front Panel Indicators
- Primary PSU (A): Green LED. Illuminates when an AC input is applied and all DC outputs are present.
- Secondary PSU (B): Green LED. Illuminates when an AC input is applied and all DC outputs are present.
- Primary Network: Green LED. Indicates that a network connection is present on primary port when in redundant mode. When in Switched mode, a valid network connection at either Primary or Secondary network port will cause this LED to illuminate.
- Secondary Network: Green LED. Indicates that a network connection is present on secondary port when in redundant mode. Not used in switched mode.
- Network Locked: Green LED. When unit is network slave, shows valid network lock. When unit is network master, shows lock to internal clock.
- Sample Rate: Orange LED for each: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, x2, x4.
- Pull Up/Down: Orange LED. Indicates that the unit is set to operate on a Dante pull up/down domain.
- Channel Signal Level: 6 level indicator LEDs for each channel. 3 Green LEDs, (-30dB, -18dB, -12dB); 2 orange LEDs (-6dB, -3dB); red LED (0dB/onset of clipping).
- Channel Select Buttons: 8
- Channel Function Controls: Info, Impedance, Pad, Phantom Power, HPF, Phase, Gain Encoder.
- Channel Display: Colour OLED. Displays Channel Name, Gain, Lock status (When on), Channel Number, Gain Compensation status (When on).
- Network Modes
- Redundant: Allows unit to connect to two independent networks.
- Switched: Connects both ports to integrated network switch allowing daisy-chaining of devices.
- Height: 44.5mm/ 1.75"
- Width: 482.6mm/ 19"
- Depth: 394mm/ 15.51"
- PSU: 2 x Internal, 100-240V, 50/60Hz, consumption 30VA.
Focusrite RedNet MP8R Network Interface Includes
- RedNet MP8R unit
- RedNet MP8R User Guide (manual)
- RedNet System User Guide
- 2 meter Cat6 Ethernet cable
- IEC AC mains cable
- Product registration card with Bundle Code. Registration gives access to:
- RedNet Control
- RedNet drivers (installed with RedNet Control)
- Audinate Dante Controller (installed with RedNet Control)
- Dante Virtual Soundcard token and download instructions
- RedNet MP8R User Guide – PDF format
- RedNet System User Guide – PDF format
Focusrite RedNet MP8R Network Interface Downloads
Click here to view all Focusrite products