Focusrite RedNet 6 Network Interface
The Focusrite RedNet 6 Network Interface is a MADI Bridge that provides an interface between any MADI (AES10) device and the RedNet Ethernet audio system. RedNet is a near-zero-latency networking protocol which allows for easy system and I/O expansion while offering a wide range of connectivity options.
MADI is widely used for large-scale digital audio systems such as audio consoles and conversion systems, allowing multiple channels to be carried along a single interface. RedNet 6 provides the link between your RedNet Ethernet-based audio system and any MADI / AES10 setup. RedNet 6 supports up to 64 channels of both coaxial and optical MADI interfaces and is completely bi-directional: use RedNet’s high quality interface products with your MADI system, or MADI components with your RedNet system. RedNet 6 features an asynchronous sample rate converter (ASRC) on each input and output so you can interface between MADI and RedNet irrespective of the sample rate at which either system is operating. Connect your RedNet system to MADI-based digital consoles, computer cards, converters and much more. In addition to both coax and optical MADI interfaces, RedNet provides Word Clock in and out.
What is RedNet?
RedNet is Focusrite’s flagship range of modular Ethernet-networked audio interfaces that harnesses the power of Audinate’s tried and tested Dante digital audio networking system to bring studio quality sound to any modern audio application. Fundamentally RedNet is an extremely scalable, near zero latency audio distribution system that can be used to expand I/O channel count, interface digital components, and/or bridge between Pro Tools|HD or MADI and the Dante audio network.
Focusrite RedNet 6 Network Interface Features
- Add MADI to RedNet or RedNet to MADI - RedNet 6 connects your MADI system and your RedNet system seamlessly together. Connect RedNet to digital mixing consoles, interfaces and cards that use MADI; or conversely, extend your MADI system with RedNet’s versatile, superb-quality audio interfaces and connectivity.
- Coaxial and Optical - RedNet 6 supports both coax and optical interfaces – connect simply to any MADI equipment
- External Word Clock I/O for either RedNet or MADI - Slave either the RedNet systems or MADI streams to an external clock
- Up to 64 MADI channels - RedNet 6 supports up to 64 channels of digital audio I/O at standard sample rates (44.1/48kHz) from your MADI system, 32 channels at 96kHz and 16 at 192kHz.
- Asynchronous sample rates throughout - Each RedNet 6 input and output has asynchronous sample rate converters (ASRC) allowing MADI and RedNet systems to operate simultaneously at different sample rates.
- Compact and effective - RedNet 6 is a simple 1U rack-mount module with the classic red aluminium faceplate.
- Remote routing and control - RedNet Control software allows remote routing and control from your audio computer system via a software control panel – no hardware patching required.
Focusrite RedNet 6 Network Interface Specifications
- Sample Rate Converters
- Sample Rate Lock Range: 1 to 216 kHz (MADI)
- Gain Error: -0.01 dB
- Dynamic Range: > 139 dB (-60 dBFS method)
- THD + N: < -130 dB (0.00003%); 0 dBFS input
- Latency: 43 to 196 samples (Network and MADI sample rate dependent)
- MADI Clock Sources: RedNet, MADI Input and Word Clock
- Digital Performance
- Supported Sample Rates: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 kHz (-4% / -0.1% / +0.1% / +4.167%) at 24 bit
- Clock Sources: Internal, MADI or from Dante Network Master
- External Word Clock Range: Nominal sample rate ±7.5%
- Rear Panel Connectivity
- MADI Coaxial
- Electrical Standard: As per AES10:2008
- Recommended Cable: 75Ω characteristic impedance
- Connector: BNC 75Ω
- MADI Optical
- Optical Standard: As per AES10:2008 (ISO/IEC 9314-3, FDDI, ANSI X3.166)
- Recommended Cable: Multi-mode, Graded-index, 62.5μm core, 125μm cladding
- Connector: Duplex SC
- Word Clock
- Input: 1 x BNC 75Ω port (switchable termination)
- Output: 1 x BNC 75Ω port
- PSU & network
- PSU: 1  x IEC Inputs with retaining clips
- Network: 1 x RJ45 [2 x etherCON, also compatible with standard RJ45 connectors]
- Front Panel Indicators
- Power [PSU A]: Green
- PSU B (D64R only): Green
- Network Connected [Primary]: Green
- Secondary Network (D64R only): Green
- Network Locked: Green
- Sample Rate: Orange
- RedNet Clock Source: Orange
- MADI Input: Orange
- MADI Clock Source: Orange
- MADI Status [RedNet 6]: Orange
- Signal (D64R only): 2 Green LEDs
- Network Modes
- Redundant: Allows unit to connect to two independent networks
- Switched: Connects both ports to integrated network switch allowing daisy-chaining of device
Focusrite RedNet 6 Network Interface Includes
- RedNet 6 [D64R] unit
- 1 x IEC AC mains cables
- 2m Cat 6 Ethernet cable
- Safety information cut sheet
- RedNet Getting Started Guide
- Product registration card, provides links to:
- RedNet Control
- RedNet PCIe drivers (included with RedNet Control download)
- Audinate Dante Controller (installed with RedNet Control)
- Dante Virtual Soundcard (DVS) Token and download instructions
- Two Year Warranty
Focusrite RedNet 6 Network Interface Downloads
Click here to view all Focusrite products