Focusrite ISA428 MKII 4-Channel Mic Preamp
The Focusrite ISA428 MKII 4-Channel Mic Preamp, features the same classic circuitry and renowned audio quality found in the original at a new level of affordability!
Focusrite ISA428 MKII 4-Channel Mic Preamp Details
The ISA428 MkII provides four of Focusriteâ??s prestigious transformer based microphone preamps. It features the same classic circuitry and renowned audio quality found in the original at a new level of affordability. With switchable input impedance, direct instrument inputs and an optional eight channels of high quality analogue to digital conversion, the ISA428 MkII creates the perfect front end for the discerning recording professional.
First introduced in 1985, the ISA microphone preamp holds a reputation for outstanding transparency along with subtle warmth contributed by transformer core saturation. The addition of a variable impedance circuit allows ISA users to perfectly match the preamp with any microphone, or to use different settings creatively to shape the sound of the microphone. Unchanged for decades, the ISA microphone preamp topology offers incredible clarity and the signature Focusrite sound that makes it the top choice among many audio professionals today.
The optional class-leading ISA828 eight channel analogue to digital converter is also compatible with the ISA428 MkII. Along with the four mic preamp inputs, four additional inputs allow you to route other line signals through the converter. High quality Burr-Brown Pro Audio Amplifiers and flagship PCM4220 A-D converter chips seated within Focusrite custom analogue circuitry deliver unparalleled performance. Specifications include a dynamic range of 122dB and jitter performance below 250 picoseconds. The card can be retrofitted at any time. Thanks to its convenient 25-pin D-Type connector, it integrates seamlessly with Pro Tools HD, as well as other digital workstations and mixing desks.
Four Instrument inputs, instantly accessible on the front panel, allow quick and easy connection without the need for a separate DI box. Extra processing can be placed between preamp and conversion via the units dedicated insert points, featured on every channel. Finally, accurate six-segment LED metering is designed to catch even the fastest transients on every channel.
Over 25 years, Focusrite has earned a reputation for bringing superb audio quality and engineering excellence to an array of audio professionals. Whether youâ??re looking to preserve the sound of your classic microphones, or searching for the perfect front end for your digital studio, the ISA428 MkII brings legendary tools to your studio at an exceptional new price.
Focusrite ISA428 MKII 4-Channel Mic Preamp Features
- Four ISA-series transformer-based pre-amps
- Over the past three decades, ISA mic preamps have contributed to many of the worldâ??s most significant albums.
- Eight Channel optional A/D converter with 122dB dynamic range.
- The same cutting-edge analogue to digital converter card used in the ISA828. Four additional ADC inputs allow eight channels of high quality conversion.
- Switchable Impedance
- Ideal for mic matching or extended microphone creativity. Settings include the 'Vintage ISA110' setting, providing the original Focusrite signature sound.
- Four front panel instrument inputs
- Instant access on the front fascia - no separate DI box required.
- Dedicated analogue insert points
- Switchable insert points are featured on every channel, allowing routing (between pre-amp and output) to additional external processing.
- Variable high pass Focusrite filter
- Provided on every channel, this is the same filter as featured on the original ISA110 and the legendary Focusrite forte console.
- Accurate LED meters for every channel
- Clear metering designed to catch even the fastest and most elusive of transients.
Focusrite ISA428 MKII 4-Channel Mic Preamp Specifications