Focusrite Control 2802 Console Details
Focusrite Control 2802 is a small-format analogue recording console and a DAW control surface in one. It forms both the digital control nerve centre and the analogue heart of the modern professional project studio.
With an array of superb-quality analogue features packed into its compact frame, Focusrite Control 2802 includes capabilities you would expect to find only on large-format consoles. At the front end, eight Class-A microphone preamps deliver clear, transparent performance. Then at its heart is a powerful summing mixer handling up to 32 simultaneous inputs with ultra-low distortion, excellent dynamic range and a frequency response wider than the human ear. There’s a punchy master bus compressor featuring parallel compression for versatile control of dynamics for your stereo mix – or any other pair of channels. High-end analogue design characterises the 2802 – implemented with similarly uncompromised components and build quality throughout.
You can control every major digital audio workstation with the Control 2802. Dual Layer Control Technology lets you flip from analogue fader layer to DAW layer in an instant, accessing fully integrated control of DAW faders, auxes, plug-ins, automation, project navigation – and more. With Ethernet-based control, your favorite music software is always at your fingertips.
The Control 2802’s motorised 100mm analogue and DAW control faders can both be fully automated. Easily adjust DAW channel auxes, inserts and groups within Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase and Nuendo via a HUI interface. Four multi-function encoders give you precise control while OLED screens provide detailed information on mix elements. Combined with dedicated transport controls, that means more time getting your sound just right, and less time staring at a screen.
In the box you will find the Focusrite Midnight and Forté plug-in suites. Modelled on original Focusrite hardware designs, these plug-ins allow you to add compression and EQ, helping you take your mix to the next level. Of course the plug-ins can be controlled and assigned to channels from the comfort and convenience of the Control 2802, so there's no need to grab the mouse!
That’s it in a nutshell: the Focusrite Control 2802 brings together a compact analogue mixing console with large-format console quality, and a superb, automated, multi-DAW control surface – plus the ability to flip between the two in an instant. The Control 2802 from Focusrite; in control of your sound.
Focusrite Control 2802 Console Features
- Transparent Class-A microphone preamplifiers - Extra high bandwidth and low noise discrete transistor preamps, with channel inserts and direct outputs from anywhere in the signal path to give ultimate routing flexibility. Fully automatable in both analogue and digital layers.
- Stereo mix bus compressor with parallel compression - Powerful, punchy dynamic control with in-built parallel compression. Patchable across other channels, or extendable with external compressor connections.
- High-end analogue summing mixer - Carefully crafted circuitry adds stunning analogue magic to your mixes. Take creative control over your music with mixing at your fingertips and hear the benefits of an extended frequency range - super high bandwidth at over 120 kHz.
- 32 inputs to mix within a natural analogue workflow - 8 analogue channels, switchable between mic, line and DAW, plus 8 alternate inputs with gain and pan control. 8 summing inputs in 4 stereo pairs. Stereo FX and auxiliary returns. Main and DAW mix stereo returns.
- Fully featured master section - Unparalleled monitor control taken straight from a large studio console. Fully featured range of monitoring options, including numerous solo, polarity inversion and mono listening modes.
- Comprehensive Ethernet-based DAW control layer - Effortlessly navigate round your DAW from the console with Dual Layer Technology. Integrated control of plug-ins, auxiliaries, automation and project navigation.
- Unrivalled routing options - Easy analogue patching lets you use the Focusrite Control 2802 to its fullest. A wealth of routing options offers myriad possibilities for your studio workflow with six auxiliaries complementing the stereo mix bus.
- Midnight and Forté Plug-in Suites - Modelled on the ISA 110 and 130 modules, these plug-ins give you the classic Focusrite EQ and compressor sound within your favourite DAW.
- Motorized Alps faders for both analogue and digital layers - Super smooth and responsive motorized faders to give accurate mix control at your fingertips. Work independently within either, or both, layers.
- Switchable 48V Phantom power and channel input options - Use any microphone in any channel with switchable Phantom power. Individual 6 to 60 dB gain, phase reverse and high pass buttons on each channel.
- Dedicated stereo cue bus - Create and adjust headphone mixes quickly and easily with the dedicated stereo cue. Go pre or post fader, or select the alternative inputs to add 8 channels to your mix.
- High-resolution OLED displays - Beautifully clear and bright displays give you feedback directly from your DAW and let you manage your channels without needing to leave the console.
- 10-LED Channel Meters - Fast-acting 10-LED meters for the input or output of your analogue channel strip, or your DAW returns.
- Robust well built design - Sturdy, ergonomic console that has the look and feel of a large studio desk.
- i-Jack input - 3.5mm stereo jack input with dedicated gain control. Compare mixes from your portable music device quickly and easily.
Focusrite Control 2802 Console Specifications
- Frequency Response: +/- 0.3 dB 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- THD + Noise: <0.015% @ 1 kHz
- Noise: Mic EIN (20 Hz to 20 kHz, 150 ohm source < -127.5 dBu
- Bus Noise: All inputs routed < -80 dBu
- Mic CMRR: 70 dB (min. gain)
- Dimensions: approx. 450mm x 170mm x 550mm (17.7 x 6.7 x 21.7 inches), 13RU rack mount height (15RU with connector space)
- Gross Weight: 18.3kg / 40.3lbs
Focusrite Control 2802 Console Downloads
Click here to view all Focusrite products