Eventide Blackhole Reverb Plug-In
The Eventide Blackhole Reverb Plug-In is a classic Eventide reverb effect capable of producing huge spaces and out-of-this-world soundscapes in Avid AAX, Apple Audio Unit, and Steinberg VST formats.
The Eventide Blackhole Reverb Plug-Inn is the latest and most advanced form of Blackhole, a massive reverberator that has evolved over the years by pulling in mass quantities of time and energy (of the development persuasion, of course). In its earliest incarnation "first in the DSP4000 and later in the H8000 flagship processors" the Eventide Blackhole was regarded, by some, as a secret weapon. Recently it was tuned, expanded and enhanced and then unleashed in the Eventide Space Reverb & Beyond Stompbox. Now, it's available as a Eventide Blackhole Native Reverb plug-in.
The Eventide Blackhole Native Reverb Plug-In may not be your first choice to simulate an enclosure on the surface of the earth but, if you're at all interested in "sculpting sound", the Eventide Blackhole Native Reverb Plug-In just might pull you in. From Eventide vantage point, its possibilities appear to be endless but, of course, they can't see beyond its event horizon.
Most reverbs are earth-bound and constrained by the physics of the real world. The Eventide Blackhole Native Reverb Plug-In breaks the rules by allowing you to create virtual spaces that could never exist in reality (at least the one Eventide inhabits). At large sizes, its soft attack and lingering, harmonic tails allows it to really shine on guitars, strings and pads. At small sizes those very same qualities can add an angelic sheen to vocals or turn a simple drum track into an otherworldy rhythm section.
From the Extreme to the Sublime
While it’s true the Eventide Blackhole Native Reverb Plug-In is capable of creating space-warping special effects and drones, it’s also capable of creating musical and subtle effects you’ll find useful for highlighting key instruments or painting a backdrop for your mix. Whether you're at the event horizon or closer to home, the Eventide Blackhole Native Reverb Plug-In will inspire and amaze while its intuitive controls will allow you to add that special something to your tracks without a degree in rocket science.
The Secret Weapon
This famed, massive reverberator first saw the light of day as an algorithm in the Eventide rackmount DSP4000 and remained a favorite in the rackmount H8000FW. For decades studio engineers considered Blackhole their "secret weapon." More recently, it was ported to Eventide Space stompbox and became the go-to ambient effect for guitar and keyboard layers. With each new version the reverb has been refined and enhanced.
The Eventide’ve now perfected the galactic sounds of the Blackhole reverb in native plug-in form. With the Eventide Blackhole Plug-In, any instrument in your DAW can warp acoustic space and time.
Presets Make it Easy
The Eventide Blackhole Native Reverb Plug-In was designed to give you extensive control, allowing you to craft your own signature sounds. Included with the Eventide Blackhole Native Reverb Plug-In is a carefully curated set of 50 presets that serve as a launch pad for your explorations. These presets cover spaces as small as a room and as large as space itself.
In short, the Eventide Blackhole Native Reverb Plug-In is destined to be one of those tools that you turn to time and again when reality just isn't enough.
Eventide Blackhole Reverb Plug-In Features
- Incredibly easy to use with over 50 presets; many created by Eventide artists
- Ability to create extremely musical effects useful for highlighting key instruments
- Supernatural settings for abstract spatial effects and drones
- Subtle settings for ambient washes and track highlighting
- Unique “Gravity” control reverses the arrow of time by inverting the reverb's decay
- Kill Switch mutes the input so you only hear the reverb. This makes for some incredible effects when automated
- Mix Lock allows for scrolling through presets or settings while keeping the wet/dry mix constant
- Fully flexible mono and stereo options. Bring new realms of stereo imaging to mono instruments
- Innovative Ribbon and Hot Switch allow for changing any combination of parameters simultaneously
Eventide Blackhole Reverb Plug-In Specifications
- Platform Compatibility:
- Windows: Microsoft Windows 7+
- OS X: Apple OS X 10.7+
- DAW Compatibility:
- Pro Tools 10 +: AAX Native
- Cubase 7+: VST2
- Nuendo: VST2
- Wavelab: VST2
- Logic 8+: AU
- Ableton Live 7+: AU, VST2
- SONAR: VST2
- Studio One: AU, VST2
- Digital Performer: AU
- Reaper: VST2
- GarageBand: AU
- Licensing: Requires iLock 2
Eventide Blackhole Reverb Plug-In Includes
- Richard Devine Presets- Sound Designer
- Boxed In
- Circular Hall
- and more!
- Flood & Alan Moulder Presets - NIN, U2
- Vernon Reid Presets - Living Colour
- Jonsi & Alex - Sigur Ros Presets
- John Agnello - Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr. Presets
- Factory Presets
Eventide Blackhole Reverb Plug-In Downloads
Click here to view all Eventide products