Eve Audio SC3010 Main Monitor System Details
Eve Audio SC3010 Main Monitor System is specially designed for large recording and mastering studios, film and television post-production facilities, cinema applications and in-wall installations. It features a very powerful amplifier array, with one amplifier custom specified per driver. All drivers found in this model are completely developed from scratch to deliver a perfect balance of high sound pressure levels, low distortion and optimised directivity. Eve Audio proprietary AMT RS6 will redefine your perception of how a tweeter should perform. The RS6 was especially designed for unparalleled precise reproduction, even at high output levels, which will definitely help you take your mixes to the next level. Eve Audio has also taken great care in the design of the front of the speaker, using an ultra-stiff front plate made out of a combination of rigid plywood and a special inner construction to reduce unwanted resonances. The result? Smooth directivity, very low distortion and a well defined middle and upper frequency range combined with a powerful and tight low end. Eve Audio SC3010 Main Monitor System is also built with in-wall installations in mind. When used in this manner, acoustic filter modifications can be engaged by adjusting the filter controls to "inwall". And a set of high-density quality foam is provided so that the backfiring bass ports can be physically closed, improving the quality and focus of the speaker's response. The stylish silver module in the middle of the speaker not only houses the midrange woofer and Eve Audio's AMT RS6 tweeter, but it can also be rotated 90-degrees, allowing the speakers to be positioned either horizontally or vertically. This helps to preserve control room sight lines and further optimises acoustic performance.
Eve Audio SC3010 Main Monitor System is the smallest of the biggest in Eve Audio's range of main monitors and able to reproduce the entire audible frequency range with an ultra-low level of distortion. One 10" SilverCone bass woofer, with a long excursion, provides for an extraordinarily clean low frequency reproduction down to 30 Hz (-3 dB). Its hexagonal glass fibre layered diaphragm will easily reproduce all audio content, even at higher than usual SPL's. The Eve Audio SC3010 Main Monitor System also features Eve Audio's newly developed 5" midrange unit. Its glass fibre layered Rohacelâ"¢ sandwich diaphragm delivers a clear and detailed midrange frequency reproduction. Each driver is provided with its own separate PWM amplifier that is able to deliver a short-term output power of 250 W per tweeter and midrange channel and 800 W for the low-end driver. With a maximum output level of 114 dB (SPL @ 1 m), you will definitely be able to judge your mixes precisely, whatever their final intended output level is. Eve Audio SC3010 Main Monitor System is a three-way system that combines powerful bass reproduction with a very transparent and present mid-range and crystal clear high frequency reproduction. Make no mistakes: whether you're producing your new hip-hop hit or mastering the contemporary works, the Eve Audio SC3010 Main Monitor System's will be there for you and they will tell it like it is. Bad mixes no longer have a place to hide. As with every other EVE Audio speaker, you get both balanced XLR inputs and unbalanced RCA inputs for greater convenience.
With every EVE Audio speaker, you also get high resolution DSP electronics. One push knob operation and you will have access to accurate volume control and several different filter settings that will help you tailor your monitors to the way you work. If you always avoid digital processing, Eve Audio has got you covered. The DSP engine is supported with a high quality A/D converter (24bit/192kHz) from Burr-Brown, which delivers a pristine signal to the DSP section. And since the PWM amplifiers are directly connected to the DSP, no additional conversion is necessary.
Bass Port Design
It's all in the geometry. One of the downside effects of port compression is bass distortion. As you turn up the volume, the efficiency of the port reduces and distortion will increase. A lot of attention went into the development of Eve Audio's bass ports. After much deliberation Eve Audio opted for a large rear rectangular port with no hard edges, as these provided the best results without unwanted side effects. That's one of the reasons EVE monitors have a high efficiency on the lower frequencies. The results? High sound pressures with tight and punchy bass frequencies that don't cause port distortion. Crank up the volume, and EVE will deliver a round bass. And with no holes to look at every time you glance at your speakers.
Eve Audio SC3010 Main Monitor System Features
- Features a very powerful amplifier array, with one amplifier specified per driver
- Delivers a perfect balance of high sound pressure levels, low distortion and optimized directivity
- Includes AMT RS6 that helps you take your mixes to the next level, helping you to couple the middle and high frequencies with great precision
- AMT RS6 has a crossover frequency that is very impotant for human hearing and sunsequently music production
- An ultra-stiff front plate made out of a combination of rigid plywood and a special inner construction are made for the front of the speaker to reduce unwanted resonances
- Produces very low distortion and a well defined middle and upper frequency range combined with a powerful and tight low end
- The stylish silver module in the middle of the speaker enables you to rotate your speaker to be positioned either horizontally or vertically
- The 10" SilverCone bass woofer, with a long excursion, provides for an extraordinarily clean low frequency reproduction down to 30 Hz (-3 dB)
- Features a newly developed 5 inch midrange unit
- Delivers both balanced XLR inputs and unbalanced RCA inputs for greater convenience
- Several different filter settings can be achieved by one push knob operation that will help you tailor your monitors to the way you work
- Bass port design supports you to get high efficiency on the lower frequencies
Eve Audio SC3010 Main Monitor System Specifications
- Frequency range: 29Hz - 21kHz (free-field)
- Tweeter: AMT RS6
- Midrange: 130mm/5"
- Woofer: 250mm/10"
- Crossover frequency: 240Hz/1800Hz
- Maximum SPL: 114dB at 1m
- Number of amplifiers: 3
- Total short-term output power: 1000W
- Woofers output power: 800W
- Output power (mid-driver): 250W
- Output power (tweeter): 250W
- Volume: -inf. - +6dB
- High-shelf filter: > 3kHz (-5dB - +3dB)
- Desk filter boost: 80Hz (0dB - +3dB)
- Desk filter out: 160Hz
- Low-shelf filter: < 300Hz(-5dB - +3dB)
- Input level dip switch: +7dBu/+22dBu
- Input impedance: 10k ohm (XLR), 10k ohm (RCA)
- Standby: < 1 W
- Full output: 1000 VA
- Dimensions: W x H x D (380 x 580 x 440)mm, (14.96 x 22.83 x 17.32)inch
- Weight: 37 / 81.6 kg/lb
Eve Audio SC3010 Main Monitor System Downloads
Click here to view all Eve Audio Products