DPA d:screet Slim Microphone
The DPA d:screet Slim was developed in response to a growing need, especially from the film industry, for a near-invisible bodyworn microphone, d:screet Slim features the company’s omnidirectional capsule element in a flat head, a slender cable and an exciting new button-hole mount accessory.
If you need to couple complete invisibility with amazing sound, the d:screet™ Slim Series, is exactly what you are looking for. These mics are perfect for your film assignment or for any other situation where you need a completely hidden microphone. The d:screet™ Slim Omnidirectional Microphone is flat and short with a cable that runs perpendicular to the sound inlet, ensuring easy mounting and a tiny footprint. When used with the detachable Button-Hole Mount or Concealer, it becomes completely invisible. With sound on par with DPA’s classic d:screet™ Omnidirectional Miniature Microphones, you can be sure that the d:screet™ Slim Series will not disappoint.
The DPA d:screet Slim's new button-hole mount, which comes as an enclosed accessory, provides a 90-degree sound input angle, allowing the cable to lay flat against a surface rather than sticking straight out. It is also designed to fit into a space as small as two millimeters. The combination of the size and available accessories increases the number of mounting solutions as it can be placed virtually anywhere without being seen.
“After speaking with our users and colleagues in the industry, we took a closer look at how microphones were being concealed and developed a completely new and unique way we could address this requirement,” explains Mikkel Nymand, product manager for DPA Microphones. “The result was a microphone that is more easily hidden under clothes, a big necessity for television and film production. The nice thing about the new design is that it leaves a flatter footprint, but with the same high-quality sound for which DPA is known.”
The d:screet 4060 capsule with high sensitivity and the 4061 capsule with low sensitivity used on the d:screet™ Slim offer exceptional audio quality with low self-noise. As with all DPA microphones, this latest solution is compatible with all major wireless adapters. It is available in four color options – beige, white, black and brown. A refinement of DPAs currently available concealer solution is also being unveiled and features a separable construction, meaning that the concealer top can be divided from the concealer base allowing the base to be kept fixed at the clothing allowing the top part to be removed independently.
With each concealer comes a unique new detachable space bracket securing distance to the clothing. This space bracket clicks in and out of the concealer top. Also, a detachable clothing clip for the concealer base allows for hidden mounting of any d:screet™ Miniature Mic in a shirt.
“Most sound professionals are already familiar with DPA’s d:screet™ solution,” adds Nymand. “The d:screet™ Slim will now provide them with infinitely new possibilities. We’re especially excited to reach audio professionals who have always wanted the DPA sound, but needed an even more unobtrusive solution.”
DPA d:screet Slim Microphone Features
- Pristine audio quality
- Completely invisible when used with Button-Hole Mount or Concealer
- Adapts to all pro wireless systems
- Flexibility and wireless adaptability
- d:screet™ Miniature Microphones are the versatile workhorses that adapt to your needs. With eminent sound quality, a large range of accessories, and adapters available for all pro wireless systems, d:screet™ Miniature Mics are the obvious choice for any application requiring a big sound and a small footprint.
- Button-Hole Mount
- A unique Button-Hole Mount for the d:screet™ Slim Omnidirectional Microphone. It mounts on the mic head and has a small side-entry pipe (2 mm diameter). The pipe makes it possible for sound to enter the mic when it is concealed in a button hole.
- The Button-Hole Mount is delivered with the d:screet™ Slim Series Microphones. It should be mounted on the side of the microphone with the silver dot.
DPA d:screet Slim Microphone Specifications
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range: ± 2 dB: "20 Hz – 20 kHz, 3 dB soft boost at 5 - 20 kHz.
- Sensitivity, nominal: ± 3 dB at 1 kHz: 20 mV/Pa; -34 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 23 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 26 dB(A))
- Equivalent noise level: ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 35 dB (max. 38 dB)
- S/N ratio (A-weighted): re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 71 dB(A)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <1 % up to 123 dB SPL peak
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <1 % up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Typ. 100 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 134 dB
- Output impedance: From MicroDot: 30 - 40 Ω. From DAD6001: 100 Ω.
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft) with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Output balance principle: Signal balanced with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB from 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Power supply (for full performance): Min. 5 V to max. 50 V through DPA adapter for wireless systems
- Power supply (for full performance): 48 V phantom power +/- 4 V with DAD6001 XLR adapter
- Current consumption: Typ. 1.5 mA (microphone). 3.5 mA with DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Connector: MicroDot
- Color: Black, white, beige or Brown
- Weight: 8,5g (0,3 oz) incl. Cable and MicroDot connector
- Microphone head dimensions: 7 mm x 5 mm x 3 mm (0,28 in x 0,2 in x 0,12 in)
- Cable length: 1.8 m (5.9 ft)
- Cable color: Black, beige or Brown
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive-going voltage at MicroDot pin (and pin 2 on DAD6001 XLR adapter)
- Temperature range: -40 °C to 45 °C (-40 °F to 113 °F)
- Relative Humidity (RH): Up to 90%
DPA d:screet Slim Microphone Available Accessories
Also available as an accessory is our new concealer. It features a separable construction; the top of the concealer can be separated from the base. This allows you to affix the base to clothing, yet allows the top part to be removed independently.
With each Concealer comes a unique, detachable space bracket that secures distance to the clothing. This prevents clothing from touching the concealer; thus preventing the creation of noise. The space bracket clicks in and out of the top of the concealer.
Furthermore, a detachable clothing clip for the concealer base lets you conceal a d:screet™ Miniature Microphone in a shirt.
- Concealer for d:screet™ 4060/61/62/63/71
- Concealer for d:screet™ Heavy Duty 4060/61/71
- Concealer for d:screet™ Slim 60/61
Click here to view all DPA products