Centrance MicPort Pro USB Microphone Preamp & Audio Interface
The Centrance MicPort Pro USB Microphone Preamp & Audio Interface, the easiest way to capture a professional-quality vocal take, or record studio-grade instrument samples.
Centrance MicPort Pro USB Microphone Preamp & Audio Interface Details
The Centrance MicPort Pro USB Microphone Preamp & Audio Interface is the easiest way to capture a professional-quality vocal take, communicate with clarity over Skype or record studio-grade instrument samples. Much more than a simple XLR to USB adapter, the MicPort Pro is the only portable mic preamp with a built-in, 24bit/96kHz, broadcast-quality A/D converter - a CEntrance exclusive. It captures the cleanest signal, making it an ideal choice for professional recordings. The built-in loud headphone amp and studio-grade knobs make it both useful and convenient on the road. The MicPort Pro's low-noise USB microphone preamp features 24-bit/96kHz performance, 48V phantom power, while the loud headphone output features zero latency monitoring. The MicPort Pro also features driverless installation with Windows XP/Vista and Mac OS X 10.5.
MicPort Pro is powered from the USB port and needs no batteries. Aside from recording music and vocals, it is perfect for Skype users requiring extra clarity in communications, Test & Measurement applications demanding flat frequency response, and anywhere else where portability, studio quality and ease of use are required features.
MicPort Pro uses a low-noise, Class A microphone preamp that features a truly balanced signal path, fully shielded design, and an ultra-fast transient response all of which places it in a professional class of preamps. The headphone output is designed to be loud across a variety of headphones. Conveniently located microphone gain and volume control knobs make precise adjustment a breeze.
MicPort Pro is perfect for recording vocals and overdubs, miking instruments and amplifiers, podcasting, broadcasting and interviewing (including stereo). Recording is easy at home or on the road. The compact, USB-powered design of MicPort Pro offers maximum audio fidelity with minimal computer configuration. Encased in a rugged, anodized aluminum chassis, the Class A preamp and low-noise A/D converter of MicPort Pro deliver high quality audio. MicPort Pro also provides 48V phantom power for condenser microphones""even from your laptop. Guitar and bass players will also appreciate the AxePort Pro USB instrument preamp. No drivers. No batteries. No latency.
MicPort Pro is used by the BBC, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, NPR, Harpo Studios, Warner Brothers, and professional musicians and voiceover artists worldwide. MicPort Pro is instantly compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7, Mac OS X 10.4 and above, and Linux.
No batteries. No latency. No headaches. Just plug in and record.
Centrance MicPort Pro USB Microphone Preamp & Audio Interface Features
- Lowest-noise mic preamp with 24-bit/96kHz A/D converter for extra clarity in recordings
- 103.5dB dynamic range, perfect complement to high-end condenser and ribbon mics
- 48V phantom power "" compatible with all professional mics
- Loud headphone amp for zero latency monitoring - works with any headphones
- Studio-grade control knobs for Preamp Gain and Headphone Volume
- Stereo capability "" record in stereo with two MicPort Pro/AxePort Pro units (Mac & PC)
- Stylish and sturdy aluminum body that's only 4.5 inches (11.5 cm) long
Centrance MicPort Pro USB Microphone Preamp & Audio Interface Specifications
- Sample Rate: 24-bit/96kHz with optional 44.1kHz, 48kHz and 88.2kHz modes
- Audio Input: Female XLR
- Audio Output: Stereo 1/8"¯ headphone jack
- Power: USB bus (no batteries or external power supply needed)
- Phantom Power: Switchable 48V (internally generated)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 1.5dB (min. gain)
- EIN: -121dBV (A-weighted, 150 Ohm source)
- Dynamic Range: 103.5dB (A weighted, min. gain)
- THD+N: 0.01% (-0.5dBFS, 1kHz)
- Input Impedance: 5 kOhm
- Maximum Input Level (full scale): -9.5dBV (min. gain) to -45.5dBV (max. gain)
- Maximum Output (headphones): -7dBV @ 16 Ohm load, -1dBV @ 32 Ohm load
- Hardware Dimensions: 4.5"¯ (11.4cm) length, 1.9"¯ (4.8cm) width, 2.0"¯ (5.0cm) height
- Weight: 2.2 ounces (62 grams) hardware, 2 lbs. (0.9kg) shipping weight
Centrance MicPort Pro USB Microphone Preamp & Audio Interface Applications
- Voice Over and Narration
- Broadcast newsgathering (ENG)
- Vocal and instrument recording and overdubs
- High-intelligibility Skype communications
- Video production for Corporate Clients and Youtube
- Acoustical Test and Measurement
Centrance MicPort Pro USB Microphone Preamp & Audio Interface Downloads
Click here to view all Centrance products