Centrance Audiophile Desktop Bundle
Centrance Audiophile Desktop 1 Bundle
Centrance Audiophile Desktop Bundle Details
The CEntrance AudiophileDesktop is a new kind of audio product. It's more than a bundle. The AudiophileDesktop brings together years of acoustics and electronics research in one, perfectly matched system, which raises the quality of near field listening to a completely new level. Centrance's breakthrough, compact audio technology is easily transportable and delivers audiophile sound to any desktop or bookshelf.
The unique transducer design in Centrance's MasterClass 2504 speakers ensures wide frequency response and extra low phase distortion due to coplanar driver design. The low noise and transparent sonic character of the DACmini PX DAC/Amplifier is precisely matched to the speakers, offering premium fidelity right at the desktop.
In the words of one prominent reviewer, the system sounds: "Detailed and accurate, yet retains just enough warmth to appeal to those who enjoy a less fatiguing, more forgiving approach." He goes on to say: "The expansion and articulation of the soundstage is immediately palpable. Tonal accuracy and seamless control throughout the frequency range also characterize the MasterClass speakers, a finding wholly appropriate to a company keenly familiar with the attributes of fine studio monitors." No bad, eh?
Each AudiophileDesktop system comes in a road-worthy, rugged travel protection case. As described by a reviewer: "The case is strong enough to be shipped without any worries, and small enough to be within specified limits for storing in the overhead compartment, a welcome feature for those who like flying but not leaving things to chance."
Centrance Audiophile Desktop Bundle Features
- A Bundle of Quality and Value
- Our Audiophile Desktop product bundle packs together a pair of "MasterClass 2504" desktop 2-way coaxial speakers and the "DACmini PX" desktop amplifier and DAC. The bundle also includes a travel case with custom foam cushioning as well as speaker and USB cables.
- The Audiophile Desktop system was designed from the ground up to bring Hi-Fi sound right to the desktop for today's Internet-connected consumer. The DAC, amp and speakers are closely matched and properly voiced to work together in concert. The Audiophile Desktop bundle provides a complete digital audio listening solution in an easy to carry, protective case with custom-cut foam lining.
- The Speakers
- The new 'MasterClass 2504' near field speakers boldly define 'mastering-quality' sound for the listener's immediate environment, delivering audiophile sound to the desktop or the bookshelf. The unique transducer design utilizes a patented 'coplanar' driver technology, which eliminates interference between high and low frequencies, delivering focused sound with precise instrument definition and wide sound stage.
- Each MasterClass 2504 speaker features a full-range, two-way 4" transducer, a carefully tuned bass-reflex cavity, a musical cross-over circuit with custom frequency-shaping components, 50Hz...20kHz frequency range and 25 watts of power-handling capability. The speakers are finished in black piano lacquer to match the black anodized finish of the DACmini PX.
- The D/A Converter and Amplifier
- DACmini PX is a compact DAC with built-in Class A headphone and Class D speaker amplifier designed to perfectly complement the MasterClass 2504 speakers. It's a preamp and digital to analog converter with multiple I/O options including: USB, optical, coax S/PDIF, analog input and output, and a front-mounted 1/4-inch connector for professional headphones. It features a proprietary JitterGuard jitter elimination system, and plug-and-play driverless USB connection on Windows, Mac, Linux and iOScomputers.
- Galvanically-isolated, gold-plated RCA connectors provide analog input and output. The extended range volume control is matched to the MasterClass speakers and also accommodates a wide array of headphones, from IEMs to professional high-impedance models.
- The DACmini PX's form-factor matches the classic Apple "Mac mini" computer footprint, creating a perfect platform for an audiophile-level music server on your desktop.
- The Package
- The bundle comes in a protective carry case designed to secure the precious components during travel (say, you are moving to a summer home). You can also use the case to store everything safely when not in use. We even made sure that the case was the right size to fit in the airplane's overhead compartment, for those who would not want to leave things to chance.
- Cables are more than just a wire
- CEntrance plays an active role in defining the leading edge of cable technology today. Our Reserve Series Speaker Cables are custom-designed, triple-shielded, and voiced to perfectly complement our MasterClass 2504 Speakers and DACmini PX integrated amplifier. These banana plug-terminated cables are a technological marvel, developed to preserve musicality and transparency of our Digital to Analog Converters and precise imaging of our Acoustical Transducers. These custom-designed cables were specifically developed for the Audiophile Desktop System and took a long time to tune just right. We are proud of the outcome.
- The Audiophile Desktop System includes two 2.5M cables (left and right).
- What's in a cable?
- Cables are not just pieces of wire, but rather electronic circuits, which need to be designed right to sound right. The longer the cable, the more important this becomes. What's at stake here are signal loss and phase shift, both of which occur differently at different frequencies. If left untreated, these artifacts may lead to lack of definition, loss of imaging and reducition of clarity.
- CEntrance designed its cables with the Physics of acoustical transmission in mind. We paid careful attention to such physical properties of copper as skin depth, flux density, dielectric capacitance, magnetic effects, etc. Using this knowledge, CEntrance designed a custom, triple-shielded, multi-core audio transmission system, where different copper cores pass different frequencies, ensuring the most musical signal transmission properties.
- This level of detail in design results in sharper imaging, balanced frequency response, no exaggeration in any one frequency band and an overall musical tonality and balance. It took us a long time to arrive a the magic formula for the number of and the gauges of the individual conductors. We think that the difference is very clear. Reveiwers from major audiophile magazines agree.
- The Reserve Series (tm) speaker cables from CEntrance are tuned to achieve a natural frequency balance and are a perfect companion for our DACmini(tm) PX integrated DAC/AMP and MasterClass(tm) 2504 coaxial speakers.
- Cabling Features:
- Audiophile-grade copper with MultiBraid technology for highest reproduction accuracy
- Gold-plated terminals with lowest connection impedance for extended clarity and detail
- Gunmetal finish offers strong protection from contamination for years of reliable service
- 3-layer core protection with braided outer shield prevents bending, keeps the core safe
- Designed for perfect synergy with DACmini PX Amp and MasterClass 2504 Speakers
Click here to view all Centrance products