CAD M179 Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone Package (3-Pack)
CAD M179 3 Mic Package (Perfect For Tom Mic'ing!)
CAD M179 Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone Package (3-Pack) Details
The CAD M179 3-Pack is perfect for drummers whether recording or performing live. We've tried dozens of mics on toms, and the M179 has never been bested when put against the industry standards. It sits in the mix perfectly, and requires very little EQ. The depth and attack are exceptionally delivered on tom use, and allows you to deliver fullness in size and depth from rack and floor toms - consistently. Since the M179 is a side address condenser, its placement is among the easiest and most "out of the way" any drummer could ever want. The M179 performs equally as well on the outside of a kick drum. Quite simply, we have found the M179 to be the finest tom-tom microphone around. Of course the CAD M179 is one of the best all purpose mics available, and gives you greatly usable results, no matter the sound source. This three pack make it a no brainer for those looking to outfit a five piece kit.
Travel the space-tone continuum with the touch of a dial, from the rich and intimate figure-of-eight - to the spacious and articulate omni pattern (and all the variations in between). The large-diaphragm capsules are combined with algebraic phasing and high-power transformerless drive to create an indispensable acoustical window. Additional features include hi-pass filter and attenuator. Swivel mount, elastic shock mount and carrying case are included. P24 (24V) or P48 (48V) phantom power is required. Three full featured M179s with all the accessories at even more savings, this is a great way to expand your mic locker with something that youâ??ll actually use all the time.
CAD M179 Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone Package (3-Pack) Features
- (3) CAD M179 Microphones
- (3) CAD Shock Mounts
- (3) CAD Standard Hard Mounts
- (3) CAD Hard Cases
CAD M179 Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone Package (3-Pack) Specifications
- Type: Side Address, External bias condenser
- Frequency Response: 10-20 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Variable
- Impedance: Low (200 ohms nominal).
- Output Level At 1 kHz.: Open Circuit Voltage: -56 dB (0 dB = 1 volt per microbar). 15.9 mV/Pascal.
- Dynamic Range: 133 dB.
- Equivalent Noise Level: 11 dB Equivalent SPL, A weighted
- Maximum SPL: 143 dB SPL (With pad on)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Less than 0.15%
- Powering: Minimum Requirements are 24, 48 Volt Phantom Power capable of delivering at least 8 mA.
- Connector: Three pin male XLR type.
- Finish: "Titanium" Grey with Nickel Plated front & rear screen.
- Dimensions: 2.25" (57.2 mm) Dia., x 7.00" (177.8 mm) High
- Net Weight: 17.8 oz. (506 grams)
What We Think
The M179 is a great all purpose mic. I like to refer to them as the SM57s of Condenser Mics. It has a clean and neutral sound that makes them great on any sound source. It's fantastic on drum overheads, one of the main applications I use them on. The M179's are priced so right using them for toms is a no-brainer (see our FEA multi-packs), and they sound good on many vocals, guitar cabs, (great on) acoustic instrumentsâ?¦everyone should own a pair! The completely variable pattern is a strong attribute as well. My pair is on every recording session I do.
Click here to view all CAD Audio products