Burson Audio Soloist Headphone Amplifier Details
The Burson Audio Soloist Headphone Amplifier is Burson's ﬁrst new head-amp since 2009 and just like the HA-160, it will become a benchmark for years to come. Staying true to Burson's less is more design principle, the input stage of the Soloist has only 21 components on the signal path. That’s almost 60% less components than any IC opamp output stage and 30% less than their own HA-160.
The Soloist features a new Variable Output Stage (VOS). It enables the Soloist to match well with any type of headphone. Be it easy to drive high sensitivity in ear monitors or open back moving-coil designs. It can drive anything including the latest planar magnetic headphones with ease. Combining the VOS with the new generation of step attenuator, volume control is always smooth and synergy is always perfect.
With the new VOS, headphone listeners are able to select different levels of output power to match their headphones. From a low level output of 0.18Wpc to 4Wpc, the Soloist will ensure plenty of ﬁne control for every type of headphone. As a preamp, the Soloist provides 3 levels of gain to the preamp output from 7db to 18db. It ensures perfect matching with any power amps. Burson has redesigned a gain curve for the attenuator. Combining it with the new VOS, control is always perfect.
The input stage of the Soloist is a symmetrical current feedback circuit with only 21 components on its signal path (compare that to a typical IC Opamp of over 50). Its signal path is so short and with so little blockage on it, that it can achieve amazing sound. Also because Burson only had to select and match 21 components, the Soloist sounds absolutely amazing.
The Soloist features a low noise power supply. An athlete needs clean air to perform at an optimum standard – audio equipment needs clean power to reproduce transparent and natural music. The new Soloist has taken the already fanatical IC free power supply of Burson's first generation HA-160 to the next level. The result is even cleaner even more energetic music reproduction.
The Soloist is housed in a 6mm case, constructed from high precision machined aluminum. This enclosure allows the Soloist, to achieve a very high mechanical damping factor, which reduces any microphonic effects, that may degrade the clarity of sonic performance. The enclosure was also constructed to act as a giant heat-sink, which allows the Class-A headamp to run cooler, and remain optimized at all times.
Burson Audio Soloist Headphone Amplifier Features
- All New FET Input Stage
- New Variable Output Stage
- New 24 Step Attenuator
- Low Noise Power Supply
- High Resolution Volume Control
- Resonance Free Aluminum Enclosure
- Fully discrete circuitry
- Fully symmetrical FET input stage
- Pure Class A operation
- 3 Levels VOS output stage
- Pre Amp: 7-18dB
- Headphone Amp: 0.18W - 4W
- Quality Components
- ELNA Slimic 2
- DALE Military Grade Resistor
- Low noise toroidal transformer
- Reference Class HeadAmp & Pre Amp
Burson Audio Soloist Headphone Amplifier Specifications
- Input impedance: 36.5 KOhms
- Frequency response: ± 1 dB 0 - 50Khz
- Signal to noise ratio: >96dB
- THD: <0.03% at 30ohm with 1W output
- Channel separation: <73dB
- Output power: 4W at 16 Ohms
- Input impedance: >8K Ohm @ 30 Ohm, 1W
- Output impedance: <1 Ohm @ 30 Ohm, 1W
- Power dissipation: >25W, internal, regulated power supply
- Inputs: 3 x gold plated RCA (line level input)
- 1 x headphone jacks 6.35mm
- 1 x RCA Pre Amp output
- Package content
- 1 x Soloist Headphone amp / Pre-Amp
- 1 x Power cable
- 1 x RCA pair input cable
- 1 x User Manual (including 24 months warranty registration information)
- Weight: app. 4.5 kg
- Color: silver anodized aluminum
- Dimensions: 180 mm x 250 mm x 80 mm
Click here to view all Burson Audio products