Roland Cube-80GX Guitar Amp
The Boss Cube-80GX Guitar Amp packs a punch with 80 big watts of power and a custom-designed 12-inch speaker, delivering first-class performance in a compact amp that's ready for the stage.
Boss Cube-80GX Guitar Amp Details
Building on the top-level tone and rock-solid reliability thatā??s made the CUBE name famous, the all-new CUBE-GX series turns up the heat with even more versatile operation and connectivity for Appleā??s iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. The flagship Boss Cube-80GX Guitar Amp packs a punch with 80 big watts of power and a custom-designed 12-inch speaker, delivering first-class performance in a compact amp thatā??s ready for the stage. 11 COSM amp types and three independent channelsā?"including a fully programmable SOLO channelā?"put a huge range of tones at your command, with remote control of channel switching, effects, and more via the optional GA-FC Foot Controller. i-CUBE LINK takes practice and mobile recording to a new level, providing a simple onboard audio interface for working with music apps on your favorite iOS devices.
Equipped with 80 watts of power and a custom-designed 12-inch speaker, the CUBE-80GX is a pro-level combo amp for stage and studio, with rich and dynamic sound, integrated effects, and plenty of volume. For recording sessions or more sound coverage in larger venues, use the convenient LINE OUT and/or RECORDING OUT jacks to send mix-ready, studio-quality tones with COSM speaker modeling directly to the mixing board. The RECORDING OUT jack doubles as a PHONES jack and mutes the onboard speaker, perfect for silent practice at home or backstage. Built with legendary CUBE construction standards for rock-solid reliability, the CUBE-80GX is compact, easy to transport, and prepared to withstand the rigors of the road.
The CUBE-80GX features a wide range of COSM amp types and three independent channels for maximum tonal versatility. The JC CLEAN channel provides the renowned clean tone of Rolandā??s famous JC-120, while the LEAD channel offers ten different amp choices, from blackface clean to Brit overdrive to the original EXTREME amp for massive, high-gain metal riffs. A third SOLO channel is completely programmable, allowing you to store all settings from either the JC CLEAN or LEAD channel, along with EQ and effects.
With three independent, easy-to-use effects sections, the CUBE-80GX puts a full arsenal of top guitar processing under your control. The EFX section offers five different stompbox-type effects, while the dedicated DELAY section has two different delay types and a TAP button for quickly setting delay times. REVERB is included as well, with your choice of vintage spring emulation or a studio-style plate. The CUBE-80GX also features a chromatic/manual tuner, built right into the amp!
The optional GA-FC Foot Controller is the perfect partner for the CUBE-80GX, with six footswitches for selecting amp channels and turning effect sections on/off. Itā??s also equipped with two expression pedal jacks for foot control of input and master volumes. Setup time is lightning fastā?"the GA-FC requires no AC power adapter, and connects easily via its included stereo 1/4-inch cable. Remote channel switching on the CUBE-80GX is also possible with optional BOSS FS-5U or FS-6 footswitches.
Onboard the CUBE-80GX is Rolandā??s innovative i-CUBE LINK interface, which lets you integrate with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using a real guitar amp with great tone. Unlike typical bulky and inconvenient iOS guitar interfaces, i-CUBE LINK connects to your deviceā??s audio jack quickly and simply with the included cable, providing two-way communication with your favorite music apps. With i-CUBE LINK, you can play along with music tracks and send studio-quality COSM guitar tones with effects straight into the recording app of your choice. The versatile i-CUBE LINK jack can also be used as a simple stereo input, enabling you to plug in nearly any music player or audio device and play it through the CUBE-80GX.
Available for free from the App Store, the Roland CUBE JAM app turns your iOS device into a fun command center for jamming, recording, and learning. Play back commercial songs and minus-one tracks through the CUBE-80GX via i-CUBE LINK and riff along for hours with the ampā??s great COSM tones. CUBE JAM also records audio through the i-CUBE LINK connection, letting you capture your jams with a single touch. After recording, you can adjust the volume of your guitar and backing music independently in the app, then export your mix to a 16-bit, 44.1 kHz WAV file. CUBE JAM also includes powerful tools for music practice, including independent speed and pitch adjustment of audio playback, Center Cancel to remove solos and create your own jam tracks, and more.
Boss Cube-80GX Guitar Amp Features
- 80-watt guitar amp with custom-designed 12-inch speaker
- Three channels: JC CLEAN, LEAD (with 10 different COSM amp types), and SOLO
- SOLO channel is fully programmable, allowing you to save and recall amp type plus EQ and effects settings
- Three independent effects sections: EFX (five types), DELAY with tap tempo, and REVERB
- Hands-free channel switching, effects on/off, and more via GA-FC Foot Controller (sold separately)
- i-CUBE LINK jack provides simple audio interfacing with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (interface cable included)
- Free CUBE JAM app for iOS plays songs and minus-one jam tracks, and lets you record the CUBE-80GXā??s COSM amp tones along with music playback
- Three-band EQ plus PRESENCE control; built-in chromatic/manual tuner
Boss Cube-80GX Guitar Amp Specifications
- Rated Power Output: 80 W
- Nominal Input Level (1 kHz)
- INPUT: -10 dBu
- i-CUBE LINK/AUX IN: -10 dBu
- Input Impedance: INPUT: 1 M ohm
- Speaker: 30 cm (12 inches) x 1
- POWER switch
- JC CLEAN button
- LEAD button
- SOLO (MEMORY) button
- TUNER button
- TAP button
- BASS knob
- MIDDLE knob
- TREBLE knob
- PRESENCE knob
- EFX knob (CHORUS, FLANGER, PHASER, TREMOLO, HEAVY OCTAVE)
- DELAY knob (WARM, CLEAR)
- REVERB knob (SPRING, PLATE)
- MASTER knob
- [JC CLEAN Channel]
- BRIGHT switch
- VOLUME knob
- [LEAD Channel]
- TYPE switch (ACOUSTIC SIM, BLACK PANEL, DLX COMBO, BRIT COMBO, TWEED, CLASSIC STACK, METAL STACK, R-FIRE STACK, EXTREME, DYNA AMP)
- GAIN knob
- VOLUME knob
- JC CLEAN
- SOLO (MEMORY)
- INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- i-CUBE LINK/AUX IN jack: 4-pole miniature phone type
- RECORDING OUT/PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- LINE OUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- FOOT SW (TIP: JC CLEAN/LEAD, RING: SOLO) jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- FOOT SW (GA-FC) jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- AC IN jack
- Power Consumption: 75 W
- Owner's manual
- Power cord
- Mini cable (4-pole miniature phone type)
- GA-FC sticker
- Options (sold separately)
- Footswitch (BOSS FS-5U, BOSS FS-6)
- GA Foot Controller (GA-FC)
- Width: 441 mm, 17-6/16 inches
- Depth: 247 mm, 9-3/4 inches
- Height: 433 mm, 17-1/16 inches
- Weight: 14.2 kg, 31 lbs. 5 oz.
Boss Cube-80GX Guitar Amp Downloads
Click here to view all Boss products