Blue Microphones Bottle Rocket Stage One Microphone
The Blue Microphones Bottle Rocket Stage One Microphone is a large-diaphragm studio condenser microphone designed to offer a clear, accurate and transparent sound. With hand-tuned B8 capsule and a transformerless circuit design, the Bottle Rocket Stage One is perfect for a wide variety of sound sources.
The Blue Microphones Bottle Rocket Stage One breaks away from traditional microphones to propel your tone to new sonic heights. The hand-tuned B8 capsule provides flexibility for a variety of recording scenarios, while the Blue's acclaimed interchangeable Bottle Caps (sold separately) enable you to create virtuallyany mic imaginable and capture any sound source.
Ready For Launch
The Blue Microphones Bottle Rocket Stage One microphone includes the legendary B8 Bottle Cap—its mission, total recording versatility. B8 delivers crystal-clear sound quality and superb detail, making it perfect for a wide variety of sound sources including lead vocals, electric and acoustic guitars, drums, percussion, horns and strings. And when you want to change up the character of your Blue Microphones Bottle Rocket, hot swap one of the interchangeable Bottle Caps to get virtually any sound.
9 Interchangeable Capsules
Expand your sound using the same interchangeable capsules designed for the Blue Microphones acclaimed Bottle microphone. The Bottle Caps leverage the sounds of the past to define the future. Each provides a unique tonal range, character, diaphragm size, and polar pattern to match the sonic character of your voice or instrument and accentuate the vibe of the track. And with a quick-change bayonet connection, experimenting with new sounds is a snap!
All The Right Stuff
The Blue Microphones Bottle Rocket Stage One microphone is precision designed and hand assembled in the USA for a lifetime of use. It features very low self-noise (<7.5dB) and an exceptionally high output level (+12dBV) that’s perfect for modern high sample rate/deep word length digital platforms. And the Class A discrete solid-state electronics generate the most accurate, noise-free signal available. The Blue Microphones even included a custom spider mount to ensure superior performance, and rugged flight case for ultimate protection. For even more sonic inspiration, check out the Blue Microphones Bottle Rocket Mic Locker. You get Blue Microphones Bottle Rocket Stage One and four iconic Bottle Caps to fuel your creativity.
Out Of The Blue, Into The Black…
Every mic the Blue Microphones make is born of their heritage of premium studio-quality audio and dedication to inspiring design and performance. The Blue Microphones Bottle Rocket Stage One gives you the tonal versatility of their flagship Bottle microphone with the superior performance you’ve come to expect from Blue. And at an accessible price, it’s an easy way to bring their legacy to yours.
Blue Microphones Bottle Rocket Stage One Microphone Features
- B8 Bottle Cap for superbly detailed performance out of the box
- Compatible with all interchangeable Bottle Caps
- Low self-noise (<7.5dB)and high output level (+12dBV)
- Class A Discrete solid-state electronics
- Includes shockmount and wood storage box
- Blue Heritage for superior performance
Blue Microphones Bottle Rocket Stage One Microphone Capsule Options
- B0 Cardioid Large Diaphragm Capsule - Provides a bright, silky presence that's perfect for lead and background vocals, guitar, percussion, or any other source with an extended top end.
- B1 Cardioid Small Diaphragm Capsule - Great for capturing nylon- or steel-string guitars, small-pitched percussion, and orchestral string instruments. The B1's extended high-frequency response also makes it perfect for drum overheads, ambient/room miking, even Foley and sound-effect recording.
- B2 Figure of Eight Large Diaphragm - The "vintage capsule" of the Bottle Cap Kit, providing the richness of a well-aged ribbon mic. Use this capsule to get vintage character from brass, guitar, woodwinds, and vocals, or to take the edge off of overly-bright instruments. This capsule is also great for acoustic and electric bass, cello, and even whistling.
- B3 Cardioid Mid-Sized Diaphragm - Very transparent, with a neutral sound that's optimum for female vocals, distant miking of orchestral groups and instruments, distorted electric guitars, basses, banjos, mandolins, and resonator guitars. The capsule also lends a "folky" tone to acoustic guitars.
- B4 Perspex Sphere Omni Small Diaphragm - Captures lush lows and sweet highs; it's perfect for the ambient recording of classical and orchestral instrumentation, as well as background vocals, organ, accordion, and drums.
- B5 Pressure Omni Large Diaphragm - The "presence omni." Possessing a unique compressed quality, the B5 features a highly accentuated low and high frequency response that's well suited to capturing high-transient sources like acoustic guitars and percussion. The capsule's extra presence boost also helps tracks cut through a dense mix.
- B6 Standard Cardioid Capsule - designed for the Bottle, and features a frequency response suitable for vocal and general instrument capturing. Blue describes it's sound characteristics as "larger than life", and the cardioid polar pattern is sure to effectively reduce off-axis ambient noise and feedback.
- B7 Cardioid Large Diaphragm Single Backplate - Provides detailed mids and an airy presence, perfect for that "vintage vibe" on vocals, saxophone, flute and all types of guitars. It's also optimum for conventional jazz recording.
- B8 Large Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser - The best choice if only using one capsule - crystal clear sound quality and excellent detail for a wide range of recording applications. Suggested applications: Male & female lead vocals, electric & acoustic guitars, drums, drum overheads, percussion, piano, horns and strings.
- Blue Bottle Cap Capsule Kit - Contains every capsule available in the series, in a durable flight case.
Blue Microphones Bottle Rocket Stage One Microphone Specifications
- Transducer Type: Pressure Gradient or Pure Pressure (depending on capsule)
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Figure of 8 (depending on capsule)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 27 mV/Pa (+/- 10mV depending on capsule) at 1kHz (1Pa = 94dB SPL)
- Output Impedance: 50O
- Rate Load Impedance: Not less than 1 kO
- Noise Level A-Weighted: Not more than 7.5dBV – 14dBV (IEC 651) (depending on capsule)
- Maximum Output: +12dBV = 3.1 Vrms (2.5kO, 1% THD)
- Maximum SPL: 138dB SPL (2.5kO, 0.5% THD)
- Dynamic Range: 130 dB (@2.5kO)
- Power Requirement: +48V DC Phantom Power (IEC 268-15) (+35V min)
- Current Draw: 1.8mA (typical AI+48V)
Blue Microphones Bottle Rocket Stage One Microphone Includes
- Blue Microphones Bottle Rocket Stage One Mic
- Protective Wooden Box
- S3 Shock
- Custom Pop Filter
Blue Microphones Bottle Rocket Stage One Microphone Downloads
Click here to view all Blue Microphones products