Audio Technica AT4060 Cardioid Condenser Tube Microphone
Audio Technica AT4060 Cardioid Condenser Tube Microphone - Vintage sound, rock-solid reliability and amazing versatility for studio and live performance!
Audio Technica AT4060 Cardioid Condenser Tube Microphone Details
Audio-Technicaâ??s AT4060 cardioid vacuum tube condenser brings the warmth of vintage tube sound to every shade of the SPL spectrum, and it is designed for use in the most demanding studio applications. It utilizes dual, gold-plated and aged, large-diaphragm elements for extended frequency response. The AT4060 has a wide dynamic range of 131 dB and the ability to accept up to 150 dB SPL without capsule or electronic-system distortion above 1% T.H.D. This dynamic range far exceeds that of other tube microphones. As a result, the AT4060 easily captures the subtlest nuances of vocal and instrumental performance as it handles guitar cabinets and other extreme SPL environments. These capabilities, coupled with the benefits of exceptionally low self-noise and very high output, combine in a versatile microphone that meets the diverse requirements of contemporary recording situations, while still providing the warm sound of vintage valve design.
Featuring hand-selected, individually tested and aged tubes, the Audio Technica AT4060 achieves the coveted, classic sound of valve design without compromising the specification standards required for the most demanding recording situations. Audio-Technica takes no chances with this microphoneâ??s consistency and reliability: every Audio Technica AT4060 is individually tested and inspected for 100 percent quality assuranceâ?"rare in todayâ??s world of mass-marketed studio microphones. Vintage sound, rock-solid reliability and amazing versatility for studio and live performance. From Audio-Technicaâ??s premium line of 40 Series condenser microphones.
The AT4060 is the culmination of extensive field evaluations in studio environments with resultant significant advances in microphone performance factors. Each hand-selected tube is individually aged and tested, then employed in a uniquely-configured circuit for enhanced tube performance. Specially-tuned elements improve dynamic range and the ability to handle high SPLs without sacrific-ing high-frequency characteristics. Floating-construction mounting of the elements provides isolation from noise and vibration.
The AT4060 incorporates a dual-diaphragm configuration that allows undistorted reproduction of high sound pressure level signals at all frequencies. The 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragms provide accurate reproduction of even the most subtle sounds, especially high-frequency signals not easily reproduced by conventional large-diaphragm condenser transducers. For a warm, true-to-life quality, the dual, large-diaphragm design provides remarkable low-frequency performance.
The diaphragm of every AT4060 is aged through five different steps to assure the optimum characteristics achieved will remain constant over years of use.
The symmetrical housing assembly surrounding the microphone capsule and its open acoustical environment allow the off-axis response to be ideally suited for studio work where natural reproduction of off-axis sound is of paramount importance.
The AT4060 operates in conjunction with the included AT8560 power supply. The power supply has low-impedance output (3-pin XLRM-type connector) and a ground-lift switch. Mains voltage (120V or 230V AC) is selectable via a switch on the back of the unit.
The AT4060 includes an AT8447 shock mount to provide mechanical isolation and secure mounting. This effective shock mount fits 5/8"-27 threaded stands.
A stand clamp without shockmount, the AT8430, is available as an optional accessory (Please call us at 888-228-4530 if you're looking for this mount - we can easily procure it for you!).
Audio Technica AT4060 Cardioid Condenser Tube Microphone Features
- Vintage tube sound with the versatile performance necessary for the most demanding studio applications
- Wide dynamic range, low self-noise and high max SPL capability
- The 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragms undergo a five-step aging process so that the optimum characteristics achieved remain constant over years of use
- Dual-diaphragm capsule design maintains precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- Regulated and heavily filtered heater current prevents noise contamination of audio signal chain
- Hand-selected tubes are individually tested and aged to maintain peak performance
- Large coupling transformer provides superior low-frequency linearity
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
Audio Technica AT4060 Cardioid Condenser Tube Microphone Specifications
- Element: Capacitor / Condenser
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 150 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Signal To Noise Ratio: 75 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 131 dB, 1 kHz at Max. SPL
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -34 dB (19.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Weight: 22.6 oz (640 g)
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Output Connector: XLRM-type (on power supply)
- Accessories Furnished:
- AT8560 power supply
- switchable 120V/230V input
- AT8447 shock mount
- 32.8' (10 m) special mic-to-power supply cable
- AC power supply cable
- power supply rack-mount adapters
- protective mic case
Audio Technica AT4060 Cardioid Condenser Tube Microphone Downloads
What We Think
"Audio Technica's AT4060 Tube Microphone exhibits a wonderfully detailed and silky smooth sound. Vocalists love it and it's great for a number of other applications, such as guitar cabinets and acoustic instruments. The AT4060 is a favorite for achieving that more modern day "Steely Dan-ish" type of sound - clean, detailed, yet warm and dimensional."
Click here to view all Audio Technica products