Arturia Prophet V3 Sequential Circuits Soft-Synth
The Prophet 5 and Prophet VS set standards and redefined the modern synthesizer. We have brought these classics back to life for you.
Arturia Prophet V3 Sequential Circuits Soft-Synth Details
The Prophet 5 was the first totally programmable synthesizer on the market. This revolutionary synth became the basis for all other polysynths to this day. The Prophet VS was the last synth made by SCI and again it set the synth world on its ear. Its digital vector synthesis brought a new soundscape that was then carried on in products from Korg and Yamaha. While the Prophet 5 was known for its 2 oscillator analog warmth, the Prophet VS used four digital wave table oscillators giving a crystal and clear sound. We have recreated both of these classic machines to give them the detail heard in the originals. The Prophet V's combined personality of analog warmth and thickness blended with thehard edge digital sound of the VS make it perfect for the throwback 80's sound or the modern techno chord stabbs.
Arturia's Hybrid mode is an astounding combination of Prophet 5 and Prophet VS. The result is an entirely new sound palette at your disposal: the analog subtractive synthesis plus the digital wavetable / vector synthesis of the other, both available at once in one massively powerful instrument. The virtual emulation offered in Prophet-V is an exact replica of the original instrument and uses the same subtractive synthesis model. Subtractive synthesis refers to the filtering of sounds in a specific way in order to create harmonically rich waveforms and new timbres. Our reproduction of subtractive synthesis with TAE® guarantees the sound quality of the instrument. Prophet-V provides all of the original parameters and the 40 original presets of the Prophet 5. The potentiometers or switches associated to those 54 parameters will permit you to create an infinite variety of sounds that were native to the original synthesizer.
The Prophet VS uses wave table or vector oscillators. In this type of synthesis, the oscillator waveforms are digitally stored in a table which the user can freely select, depending on the texture of the sound that is required. With the VS you can recreate that classic 80’s wavetable synthesis sound within your computer.
There are 96 digitally sampled waveforms available. You can use up to 4 oscillators simultaneously and mix them in real time by sweeping the joystick or by creating a 5-point envelope. The Prophet VS brings you a unique sound that has the strength to stand on its own, but at the same time is complementary to that of the Prophet 5.
In Hybrid mode we believe we have brought something very special to life. Part of what’s great about having a new synthesizer is the unexpected things you can discover with it; those delightful moments of inspired creativity when you stumble across a sound that you weren’t looking for.
Hybrid mode provides many such opportunities through a combination of the Prophet 5 and Prophet VS, stacked one on top of the other. This means an entirely new palette of sounds will be at your disposal to mix and blend: the analogue subtractive synthesizer in the Prophet 5 AND the digital wavetable / vector synthesizer of the Prophet VS. The audio matrix allows you to activate or deactivate the audio module outputs of the two synthesizers (oscillators, filters, noise generator, etc.). You can connect the filters in series for a unique mix of the two synthesizers, or you can connect the filters in parallel for a fatter sound. This gives you a huge potential for variety in the sound. The modulation matrix of the Prophet Hybrid allows you to add modulation inputs that would be impossible to add with the Prophet 5 alone. The velocity, aftertouch and all of the other modulation sources present on the Prophet VS are now available to the Prophet 5.
Arturia Prophet V3 Sequential Circuits Soft-Synth Features
- A revolutionary preset navigation system called SoundMap
- Three synthesizers in one: Prophet 5, Prophet VS, Prophet Hybrid
- All the original parameters of the Prophet 5 and Prophet VS
- New audio connection matrix
- New modulation matrix switch for the 2 synthesizers
- New Chorus and Stereo delay effects
- More than 400 presets created by talented musicians and synthesizers specialists
- Compatibility with the Presets of the original synthesizers
- No aliasing from 0.1Hz to 16kHz
- Calculated precision : 64 bits
- Sample Frequency : until 96 kHz
- Compatible with a MIDI keyboard
- 2 analog oscillators for the Prophet 5
- 4 wavetables oscillators for the Prophet VS
- Capacity to synchronize Osc2 on Osc1 for the Prophet VS
- 1 Mixer with joystick and automation envelope for mixing the 4 oscillators of the Prophet VS
- 1 resonating low pass filter for the Prophet 5
- 1 multimode resonant filter for the Prophet 5
- 3 LFO that can be synchronized with the tempo of the host sequencer
- 5 envelopes: 2 ADSR; 3 5 point envelopes
- Polyphony of 2 to 32 voices with the unison possibility
- Audio quality and purity as in the original Prophet 5 and VS
- V 2.5 Features
- MIDI Control Assignment Improvement
- Support for 64-bit VST and Audio Unit
- Support for Pro Tools 9 & 10
- Support for Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion)
Arturia Prophet V3 Sequential Circuits Soft-Synth Specifications
- 7+ PC: 4 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU.
- 1GB free hard disk space
- OpenGL 2.0 compatible GPU
- 10.8+: 4 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU.
- 1GB free hard disk space
- OpenGL 2.0 compatible GPU
- Supported Formats
- Audio Units
Arturia Prophet V3 Sequential Circuits Soft-Synth Downloads
Click here to view all Arturia products