Accusonus Drumatom 2.1 Leakage Suppression Tool
Microphone bleed is the number one problem for any engineer who regularly records drums. It’s the biggest obstacle between producers and the sound of their dreams. Achieve the drum sound of your dreams
Drumatom enables engineers to reduce or completely eliminate drum leakage, in a way that no other hardware or software can do. For example, have you ever wished you could remove hihat leakage from the snare track? You can do that with Drumatom, not only during pauses but during exact snare hits as well. Drumatom also allows for natural leakage reduction in all close microphones, resulting in a natural and open sound. Even a subtle amount of the “Drumatom effect” can free up considerable amounts of headroom for the rest of your tracks.
Drumatom 2 performs 25-50% faster processing and offers major workflow improvements. That’s not all though! It's accompanied by drumatom player, the new accusonus plugin that brings leakage suppression inside the DAW.
Ask any recording engineer or producer who regularly records drums, or any professional drummer who does a lot of recording sessions, and they will invariably tell you that getting a great drum sound in the studio is extremely challenging and time consuming. One of the biggest reasons for this is that drum sets are made up of many components which produce very different sounds, each one being effectively an individual sound source. They are loud, they are relatively close together and they must all be recorded at the same time. In order to effectively record all of these disparate elements, multiple microphones are typically used. Due to the high signal level and close proximity of the sources, significant amounts of sound from one element of the kit will bleed into microphones placed on another element of the kit. Hi-hats bleed into the snare drum microphone(s), the snare drum bleeds into the tom microphones, etc. Recording engineers will spend hours making subtle changes to microphone placement to try and reduce the amount of bleed across the drum tracks while still capturing the sound of each drum. They obviously want the drum kit to sound as good as possible, but they also want to be able to separately control the timbre and level of the individual elements of each part of the kit when mixing.
The magic of drumatom is its ability to reduce cross track bleed after the recording is completed, allowing the recording engineer to concentrate on getting a high quality result without making sonic tradeoffs to reduce bleed across microphones. This makes for a faster sessionand lets the musicians concentrate on getting a good performance. In the mix stage, the engineer can reduce the microphone bleed as needed. If the snare that sounded so good in the recording session is now getting lost in a sea of guitar overdubs, reducing the bleed from other tracks will untie your hands. You can EQ and compress the snare to pull it forward without applying that processing to other elements of the kit. In addition to improving the workflow of a drum recording session, drumatom is a godsend for mixing engineers who are all too often called upon to deal with drum tracks which not only have a lot of cross track bleeding, but don’t sound all that great to begin with. By using drumatom to isolate the individual elements of the kit, the mix engineer can implement far more radical changes that wouldn't be possible without it.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Drumatom is based on the patent pending A^3 (Advanced Audio Analysis) technology, the outcome of many years of R&D at Accusonus. The origins of A^3 technology can be broadly placed in the Blind Source Separation (BSS) family of techniques, using notions of artificial intelligence. However, A^3 is far more than that. Advanced principles of acoustics, signal processing, psychoacoustics and music theory are combined into an innovative unified framework. Stay tuned: we plan to implement our A^3 technology into a greater family of novel audio tools that will revolutionize your workflow.
Accusonus Drumatom 2.1 Leakage Suppression Tool Features
- Achieve exceptional drum sound and fix poorly recorded drums
- Polish your sound by performing deeper individual processing on drum tracks. For example, compress the snare track more aggressively, since there’s less or no hi-hat bleed
- Create headroom for the rest of your mix: slightly reduce the leakage of your drumset while keeping a fully natural drum sound
- Quickly achieve authentic results and preserve the micro-dynamics of the drummer's performance
- Preserve low-level signals (such as ghost notes in a snare track) by filtering out bleed based on spectral content rather than amplitude
- New in Drumatom 2:
- 25-50% faster analysis (depending on the user’s setup)
- Improved workflow
- Create custom .dls files from multiple analysis sessions
- Enhanced File Browser experience
- Copy/paste control settings between tracks and groups
- Drag'n'drop tracks between groups
- Drag'n'drop groups to re-arrange positioning
- Select multiple tracks/groups
- Option to import track from group
- Algorithm improvements
- Optional drumatom player (plugin companion to the drumatom application) now available:
- Allows for monitoring of drumatom processing inside the DAW session
- Supports 16 mono outputs with individual controls for Focus, Fine Tune, Bypass, Output
- All parameters automatable
- Formats: VST, AU, AAX 64-bit
Accusonus Drumatom 2.1 Leakage Suppression Tool Specifications
- OSX: v10.7.0 or later (64-bit)
- Win: 7, 8 (64-bit)
- RAM: 4GB (8+ GB highly recommended)
- Monitor: 1280-by-800 resolution or higher
- Hard Disk space: 500 MB
- Free Hard Disk space (when processing): 5 GB (15 GB recommended)
Accusonus Drumatom 2.1 Leakage Suppression Tool Downloads
Click here to view all Accusonus products