AKAI MPK Mini MK2 Controller
The AKAI MPK Mini MK2 Controller ensures a playing experience that feels natural and enhances creativity. A unique combination of hardware fused with the unrivalled processing capability of virtual Instruments, this AKAI MPK Mini MK2 Controller provides the ultimate platform for unrestricted creative expression.
Take Control, Wherever You Go
The new AKAI MPK Mini MK2 is an ultra-compact keyboard controller designed for the traveling musician and the desktop producer. With an array of hardware controls, the AKAI MPK Mini MK2 lets you record, compose, and perform with virtual instruments, effect plugins, and DAWs whenever inspiration strikes. The AKAI MPK Mini MK2 features 25 velocity-sensitive synth-action keys, a 4-way thumbstick for dynamic pitch and modulation manipulation, 8 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads, and 8 assignable Q-Link knobs. Plus, two banks expand the number of MPC-style pads to 16 for extended creative capabilities.
The AKAI MPK Mini MK2 includes all the essentials for quickly laying down and expanding upon your musical ideas. Dedicated Octave Up and Down buttons increase the keyboard to the full melodic range, and a sustain pedal input is built in for expressive playing and recording. An onboard arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range, and modes makes it easy to create intricate melodic lines with little effort. Plus, MPC Note Repeat and Full Level allow users to access genuine technologies from Akai Professional’s line of MPC workstations.
For maximum portability, the AKAI MPK Mini MK2 requires no software drivers or external power adapter for operation. It supports plug-and-play connectivity, features USB-MIDI, and powers up with a single USB connection to your Mac or PC. Four memory banks enable you to store hardware/software presets for quick and easy setting up of your computer and AKAI MPK Mini MK2.
Additional Software Included
The AKAI MPK Mini MK2 comes bundled with professional production software and virtual instruments for immediate music creation. Hybrid 3, by AIR Music Tech, is a high-definition synthesizer that can create anything from fat, retro synth sounds to edgy modern leads and everything in between. SONiVOX’s Wobble is an electronic music grime synthesizer that features two independent channels of spectral morphing synthesis with harmonic controls, individual filtering, and discrete LFO controls. MPC Essentials, a groove/beat production and sample-triggering software, lets producers and musicians incorporate genuine MPC workflow into their DAW of choice and extends the power of the AKAI MPK Mini MK2 by adding up to 8 pad banks and 4 samples and insert effects per pad. MPC Essentials also runs in standalone mode, so you can start making music without a DAW.
AKAI MPK Mini MK2 MIDI Editor
Unlock the true potential of your AKAI MPK Mini MK2 with the MPK mini MIDI Editor software. This MIDI editor is a powerful preset management software that lets AKAI MPK Mini MK2 users customize their hardware and software setup on their Mac or PC. Create and tweak presets for your favorite virtual instruments, plugins, and DAWs, then store them on your AKAI MPK Mini MK2. You’ll spend less time setting up your gear and more time doing what you love—making great music.
AKAI MPK Mini MK2 Controller Features
- Incorporates 5 years of user feedback for an all-new, enhanced design
- 25 synth-action mini keys
- 4-way thumbstick for dynamic pitch and modulation control
- 8 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads with Note Repeat & Full Level
- 8 assignable Q-Link knobs for mixing, tweaking plug-ins, and more
- Built-in arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range, and modes
- Dedicated Octave Up and Octave Down buttons
- Ultra-compact design lets you create anywhere
- USB-powered; no power adapter required
- Full-size sustain pedal input jack
- Comprehensive production software package included: Akai Pro MPC Essentials, SONiVOX Wobble, and Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech (downloads)
- Includes VIP3.0 - the ground-breaking, award-winning music software platform that provides musicians and composers with a powerful hands-on control solution for their virtual instrument and virtual effect collection
AKAI MPK Mini MK2 Controller Specifications
- Number of Keys: 25 velocity-sensitive
- Pads: 8 pressure- and velocity-sensitive, light-up MPC-style pads x 2 banks
- Knobs: 8 assignable controller pots
- Computer Interface: USB-MIDI communications to Mac/PC
- Programs: 4
- Octaves: 10 with Octave Up and Down
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Additional Controls: Pitchbend/Mod Joystick, Note Repeat button, Full Level button, Tap Tempo button
- Additional Inputs: (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TS input for sustain pedal
- Power: USB power via full-size USB jack; no power adapter required
- Dimensions: 12.5" x 7.13" x 1.75"
- Weight: 1.65 lbs
AKAI MPK Mini MK2 Controller Requirements
- Processor: Intel® Mac 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster
- Mac OS: OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended)
- RAM: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
- Windows OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10.
- Processor: Multicore processor 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or Celeron-compatible CPU or faster
- RAM: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
- Sound Card: Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended)
- Multimedia Framework: QuickTime recommended
- Port: Available USB Port
AKAI MPK Mini MK2 Controller Includes
- USB Cable
- MPK mini Editor (download)
- Software Download Card
- User Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
AKAI MPK Mini MK2 Controller Downloads
Click here to view all AKAI products