AKAI MPD232 USB Controller
The AKAI MPD232 USB Controller offers amazing creative musical ammo with Thick Fat backlit MPC pads, improved controls and new bundled software to bring the feel of classic beat making into the world of computer music production.
The AKAI MPD232 USB Controller is the most capable and user-friendly line of pad controllers Akai Professional has developed to date.
The AKAI MPD232 is a MIDI-over-USB pad controller perfect for producers, programmers, musicians and DJs alike. Its intuitive blend of MPC controls and technologies mesh with easy USB connectivity to bring the feel of classic beat making into the world of computer music production.
Experience the Difference
The AKAI Pro added new, ultra sensitive Thick Fat MPC pads, creating an amazingly responsive user experience. The AKAI MPD232 has an expanded control set featuring eight knobs, eight faders, eight buttons arranged in three banks for 72 total controls. This will enable you to maximize your sound and give you increased control over effects.
The AKAI MPD232 also boasts an all-new 64-channel, 32-step performance sequencer, which the MPD32 did not have. MIDI information is sent over its plug-and-play USB interface for use on Mac or PC, eliminating the need to install any drivers.
Along with the improved functionality, the AKAI Pro have added iOS compatibility using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately) and included over $400 of free software. Titles include: Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Big Bang Drums and Big Bang Cinema from Sonivox, Ableton Live Lite, and Software Preset Editor.
The aforementioned Software Preset Editor allows you to enjoy intuitive control editing right from the front panel of the AKAI MPD232.
The AKAI MPD232 USB marks an important evolution of the pad controllers. Many years of research and customer feedback has led directly to some of the most capable pad controllers they’ve ever developed. The MPD232 is the perfect bridge between your creativity and your computer-based studio.
AKAI MPD232 USB Controller Features
- 64-part, 32-step sequencer to control pad events
- 16 Thick Fat RGB illuminated velocity and pressure sensitive MPC pads
- 64 assignable pads accessible via 4 banks
- 8 assignable faders, 8 assignable Q-Link knobs, 8 assignable Q-Link buttons
- 72 assignable controls accessible via 3 banks
- Classic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, 16 Level, Full Level and Tap Tempo
- 30 presets total, with configurations for most popular DAWs
- iOS compatible using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- MIDI In and Out jacks for controlling external gear
- Dedicated Transport controls
- Includes Ableton Live Lite, Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Sonivox Big Bang Cinematic Percussion and Big Bang Universal Drums
AKAI MPD232 USB Controller Specifications
- Macintosh: 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended)
- RAM: 1GB RAM (2GB recommended)
- Mac: OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended)
- PC: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 Celeron-compatible CPU or faster (multicore CPU recommended);
- RAM: 1 GB RAM (2GB recommended)
- Windows: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP
- Sound Card: Windows-compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended)
- Multimedia Framework: QuickTime recommended
- Port: Available USB port
AKAI MPD232 USB Controller Includes
- USB Cable
- (2) 1/8”-to-MIDI Adapters
- Software Download Cards
- User Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
AKAI MPD232 USB Controller Downloads
Click here to view all AKAI products