AKAI MPC LIVE Music Production Center
The AKAI MPC LIVE Music Production Center is a portable powerhouse for music production, anywhere. Featuring a beautiful, full color 7” multi-touch screen, four touch-capacitive Q-Link controls, a clickable master encoder knob and 16 amazingly responsive, velocity and pressure-sensitive RGB pads, this MPC Live offers an unrivaled combination of power and portability, bringing the studio to the stage.
The new AKAI MPC LIVE Music Production Center makes the process of performing your studio inventions on stage incredibly seamless by combining the power of a production centerpiece with the portability and rugged design of an on stage workhorse.
Versatility is crucial for all producers. Being able to easily pivot from creator to performer means more people have the opportunity to see and hear your music. The AKAI MPC LIVE gets you covered!
At the heart of the new AKAI MPC LIVE is a beautiful, full color 7” multi-touch screen, four touch-capacitive Q-Link controls, a clickable master encoder knob and 16 amazingly responsive, velocity and pressure-sensitive RGB pads.
Weighing in at less than 6 pounds, the AKAI MPC LIVE ushers in a new era of ultra-portable production. Powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and packing 16 gigs of on-board storage, the AKAI MPC LIVE features numerous ways to take your beloved sample library and MPC sessions anywhere. Files can be accessed and transferred to the built on-board storage via the built-in SD card slot and/or two-port USB hub. If that’s not enough storage, the AKAI MPC LIVE also features a 2.5” SATA drive connector providing additional storage via installation of a fixed hard drive – SSD or HDD (sold separately). The same USB hub can also be used for MIDI controller connectivity.
Standalone? Check. Battery powered? Check. Contains massive amounts of internal storage? Check. Your creative flow now knows no borders and bounds.
To Plug or Not to Plug
Powering the AKAI MPC LIVE is MPC 2.0, Akai Professional’s new update to the MPC software. Capable of running natively on the AKAI MPC LIVE in standalone mode, MPC 2.0 can also be run from a Mac or PC with the AKAI MPC Live tethered to a computer. A number of major workflow enhancements have been added to 2.0, including: audio track recording, an improved time warp algorithm, refined Q-Link control, audio and MIDI drag and drop – all appearing on a new graphical interface. Future versions will support Ableton Link.
Infinite Sounds, Unlimited Inspiration
The MPC has a well-earned reputation for sounds that hit hard and sound great, right out of the box. The AKAI MPC LIVE is no exception. Pre-installed with 10 gigs of world-class sounds, The Vault 2.0 features samples and kits from top-notch sound design companies including Capsun Audio, MVP Loops, CR2 Records, as well as AKAI's radio-ready kits. Want to incorporate your own samples without tethering to a computer? The AKAI MPC LIVE features a 2.5” SATA drive connector providing more storage via external hard drive – SSD or HDD. Additionally, sounds can be accessed and added to the library using the built-in SD Card slot or the USB thumb drive.
AKAI MPC LIVE Music Production Center Features
- Standalone MPC – no computer required
- 7-inch full-color multi-touch display
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 software
- Internal, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Turntable (RCA) inputs with ground peg
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
- User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
- 2 pairs of MIDI inputs and outputs
- 2GB of RAM
- SD Card slot
- 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- Ableton Link and WiFi will be supported in future updates
AKAI MPC LIVE Music Production Center Specifications
- 16 x velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, RGB-backlit
- 8 x banks accessible via Pad Bank buttons
- 4 x 360° touch-sensitive Q-Link Knobs
- 4 x Q-Link Knob columns accessible via Q-Link buttons
- 1 x 360° encoder for display navigation and selection via push
- Buttons: 22 dedicated function buttons; red-, amber-, or green-backlit
- 6.9” / 176 mm (diagonal)
- 5.9” x 3.7” / 150 x 93 mm (width x height)
- Full-color LED-backlit display with touch interface
- RAM 2 GB
- Storage 16 GB (user storage, 10 GB pre-installed content)
- 4 GB (MPC operating system)
- 2 x 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (1 stereo pair)
- 6 x 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS outputs (3 stereo pairs)
- 1 x 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo headphone output
- 2 x RCA inputs (1 stereo pair)
- 2 x 5-pin MIDI inputs (2) 5-pin MIDI outputs
- 2 x USB Type-A ports (1) USB Type-B port
- 1 x SD card slot
- 1 x power adapter input
- via power adapter: 19 VDC, 3.42 A, center-positive, included
- via battery: lithium-ion, rechargeable, up to 4 hours of battery life
- Dimensions (width x depth x height):
- 16.7” x 8.8” x 2.7”
- 424 x 224 x 69 mm
- Weight: 5.9 lbs. (2.7 kg)
AKAI MPC LIVE Music Production Center Requirements
- Controller Mode: Windows 8.1 or newer
- Controller Mode: Mac OS X 10.9.5 or newer
- MPC 2.0: Minimum 2GB free disk space (20GB for all content)
- Minimum 4GB RAM (8GB recommended)
- Minimum Dual-core 2.5GHz CPU
AKAI MPC LIVE Music Production Center Includes
- Software Download Card
- Power Adapter
- Quickstart Guide
- USB Cable
- Safety & Warranty Manual
AKAI MPC LIVE Music Production Center Downloads
Click here to view all AKAI products