AKAI APC Key 25 Control Surface
The AKAI APC Key 25 Control Surface ensures a playing experience that feels natural and enhances creativity – the natural, tactile feel of hardware fused with the unrivalled processing capability of virtual Instruments. This AKAI APC Key 25 is designed to provide the ultimate platform for unrestricted creative expression.
The AKAI APC Key 25 is the first Ableton Live controller from Akai Professional, designed for the performing musician or the conventional composer. Equipped with a high-performance keyboard, and uniting the power of a clip-launching panel with a keyboard interface, the AKAI APC Key 25 couples real-time control of Ableton Live with traditional composition tools: create melodies, compose bass lines, and play chords with 25 synth-action mini keys. Plus, dedicated buttons for Octave Up, Octave Down, and Sustain expand the expressive capabilities of the keyboard, enabling you to tap into the full melodic range and perform with classic piano-style sustain.
Get On The Grid
The AKAI APC Key 25 features a 5x8 multicolor clip-launching grid that’s built for dexterous exploration: launch clips and create or perform your song from the ground up using 40 responsive triggers. Tri-color lighting provides visual feedback and displays three clip statuses—loaded, playing, and recording—so you can intelligently perform without looking at your computer. Plus, you can use the Shift button and directional arrows to manipulate the scope of the 5x8 grid.
Twist & Tweak
The AKAI APC Key 25 comes equipped with eight control knobs that are laid out next to the clip-launching grid for easy tweaking. Users can change knob functionality with the dedicated buttons for volume, pan, sends, and device control: fade clips in and out of the mix; pan instruments to the left, right, or center; raise the level of reverb or other effects to create fluid transitions; open and close filters for lush sweeps; and much more. Additionally, each knob is completely assignable for flexible mixing and mapping options.
The AKAI APC Key 25 comes pre-mapped to Ableton Live for an instant performance and production setup. When the AKAI APC Key 25 is plugged into your computer, its hardware controls correspond 1 to 1 with Ableton Live’s interface—no additional configuring is required. For APC veterans, all of the AKAI APC Key 25’s controls can be re-assigned on the fly for customized setups that change with your performance or production style. Plus, the AKAI APC Key 25 can also be used as a general MIDI controller to manipulate other software applications such as virtual instruments, plugins, and DAWs.
USB Power & Class Compliance
For maximum portability, the AKAI APC Key 25 is powered over USB and supports plug-and-play connectivity; no power adapter or drivers needed. The AKAI APC Key 25 also offers a smaller footprint than its APC counterparts, enabling musicians to use the AKAI APC Key 25 alongside effects controllers and other APCs.
Production Content Included
The AKAI APC Key 25 comes packed with a version of Ableton Live, two high-definition virtual synthesizers, and professional samples and loops for immediate out-of-the-box music creation. Ableton Live Lite enables musicians and producers to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise, and edit musical ideas in a fluid audio/MIDI environment. Hybrid 3, by AIR Music Tech, is a high-definition synthesizer for electronic musicians, DJs, sound designers, and music producers who love to get their hands dirty. Create anything from fat, retro synth sounds to edgy, modern leads and everything in between. SONiVOX Twist is a spectral morphing synthesis virtual instrument. Comprised of a dynamic interface, an advanced pattern generator, and onboard effects, Twist lets you create serious sounds using simple controls. Toolroom Records artist launch packs bring you the coveted sounds of electronic music with a premium collection of sample packs, produced exclusively for Akai Professional. Produce, compose, and remix with professional sounds curated by the world's premier electronic music label.
AKAI APC Key 25 Control Surface Features
- Ableton Live controller with built-in performance keyboard
- Seamlessly integrates 1 to 1 with Ableton Live
- Clip-launch matrix with tri-color lighting displays current clip status
- 25 synth-action mini keys
- 8 assignable knobs map to Ableton Live and control volume, sends, and more
- Shift button and directional arrows manipulate the scope of the grid
- Dedicated Octave Up, Octave Down, and Sustain buttons
- USB-powered and plug-and-play setup for Mac and PC
- Production package included: Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Twist, and Toolroom artist launch packs (downloads)
- Includes VIP3.0 - the ground-breaking, award-winning music software platform that provides musicians and composers with a powerful hands-on control solution for their virtual instrument and virtual effect collection.
AKAI APC Key 25 Control Surface Specifications
- Note Keys: 25 velocity-sensitive keys; 10-octave range with octave up/down buttons
- Clip Buttons: 40 backlit clip-launch buttons in 8x5 matrix
- Knobs: 8 270º knobs with 4 modes
- Inputs / Outputs: 1 USB port
- Power: USB-bus-powered
- Dimensions (w x d x h): 12.25" x 7.6" x 1.6" (31.1 cm x 19.3 cm x 4.1 cm)
- Weight: 1.7 lbs. (0.76 kg)
AKAI APC Key 25 Control Surface Requirements
- Processor: Intel® Mac
- Mac OS: OS X 10.5 or later
- Windows OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10.
- Processor: Multicore processor;
- RAM: 2 GB RAM
- Sound Card: Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended),
- Multimedia Framework: QuickTime recommended
- Port: Available USB Port
AKAI APC Key 25 Control Surface Includes
- USB Cable
- Ableton Live Lite (download)
- User Guide
- Software Download Cards
- Safety & Warranty Manual
AKAI APC Key 25 Control Surface Downloads
Click here to view all AKAI products