AKAI AMX Controller
The AKAI AMX Controller is a versatile 2-channel mixing surface, featuring an intuitive array of faders, touch-activated knobs, and buttons to put hands-on control at the center of your Serato DJ setup.
Hands On Control
The AKAI AMX Controller is a powerful controller from Akai Professional that is designed to give you hands-on control at the center of your Serato DJ setup. The AKAI AMX controls 2 decks of Serato DJ with an intuitive array of faders, touch-activated knobs, and buttons. Featuring a curve-adjustable mini innoFADER™ crossfader, dedicated line faders, and control signal inputs, the AKAI AMX can interface Serato DJ with turntables using Serato NoiseMap™ (DVS) or HID players over a single USB cable. Built-in headphone and master outputs integrate into any booth or tabletop setup, bringing the trusted Akai Professional hardware experience to stages and studios all over the world. Read on to see what the AKAI AMX Controller can bring to your next live performance using Serato DJ.
Full-version Serato DJ Included
Serato DJ is a robust program for digital DJ’ing. The AKAI AMX comes with the full-version, letting you take advantage of precise, powerful audio manipulation in real-time. Already have Serato DJ? The AKAI AMX unlocks it, providing both a control surface and audio interface to build around or have as an extra controller option. Utilizing Akai Pro’s expertise in hardware innovation and sound manipulation mastery, the line between the physical and digital DJ world is extinct.
Ready for NoiseMap™
The AKAI AMX Controller features two sets of audio inputs, selectable as Line or Phono, to accept signals from Serato Control Vinyl, also known as Serato NoiseMap™. This Digital Vinyl System (DVS) lets you DJ with your digital music collection, while maintaining the feel and action of a turntable+vinyl setup. The AKAI AMX Controller accepts the Serato NoiseMap signal from your turntables and instantly sends it Serato DJ over a USB connection. Until now, similar systems were complex and cost-prohibitive. The AKAI AMX is a rock-solid, affordable interface that fuses the best of analog feel with the best of digital music access. (Serato DVS Expansion Pack and Serato Control Vinyl are sold separately)
Unleash a Monster Performance
The AKAI AMX Controller features the renowned innoFADER mini crossfader at the heart of its mixing surface. Coveted for its uncanny response, smooth action, and impossibly-durable build quality, the innoFADER gives DJs of all types unmatched command over transitions and cuts. With a fully-adjustable curve response, the innoFADER mini can be calibrated for turntablists, electronic music DJ’s, scratch/battle performers – the AKAI AMX even includes a fader reverse switch – that can be worked hard, night in and night out.
By themselves, the EQ and Filter knobs on the AKAI AMX are tactile, responsive controls for shaping tracks and carving out transitions. These knobs also incorporate a dramatic “twist”– they react to the human touch. In Touch mode, each knob responds to a twist, a touch, or a combination of both. With a simple tap, you can kill an entire frequency band (or two, or three). Remove your finger and the missing bands become audible again, instantly. With Touch mode disengaged, they function as traditional mixer-style knobs for precision control over each decks’ sonic composition.
Studio-Grade Audio Interface
The AKAI AMX Controller packs professional functionality into a compact form-factor – take it everywhere. In addition to transport and mixing controls, it features a studio-grade audio interface. Get the mix from your computer to an amplification system with support for 24-bit, 96kHz audio output. As the center of your DVS setup, or as a compact travel-friendly controller, the AKAI AMX Controller brings the best of the studio to the stage in a way that only Akai Professional can.
AKAI AMX Controller Features
- Provides extensive hands-on mixing, transport, and Serato NoiseMap capbility for Serato DJ
- Plug and play with Serato DJ (included) - no upgrade purchase required
- Expands control options to nearly any DJ setup
- 2 line faders with gain controls and tri-color LED metering
- 2 Phono/Line Inputs for Serato DJ Control Signal
- Pro-grade, adjustable mini innoFADER™ crossfader with reverse switch
- 2 sets of line/phono inputs for Serato DJ NoiseMap (timecode) signals*
- RCA audio outputs for sending your mix to speakers or amplifier systems
- 9 touch-activated knobs for groundbreaking EQ kills and Filter sweeps
- 3-band EQ per channel with dedicated filter knob
- Dedicated cue mix and cue gain knobs for custom headphone mixes via the 1/8-inch (3.5mm) headphone output
- Rotary-push knob for seamless library navigation and track search
- Load, search, transport, cue and sync buttons for each deck
- USB-powered for simple setup and use
- Low-profile, portable design
AKAI AMX Controller Specifications
- 1 USB port
- 2 RCA stereo (pairs) line/phono inputs
- 1 RCA stereo (pair) master output
- 1 1/8" (3.5 mm) TRS headphone output
- 1 360° touch-capacitive encoder
- 8 270° touch-capacitive knobs
- 2 360° encoders
- 3 270° knobs
- Power: USB-bus-powered
- Dimensions (w x d x h): 5.2" x 10.8" x 1.9" (13.3 cm x 27.4 cm x 4.8 cm)
- Weight: 1.76 lbs. (0.8 kg)
AKAI AMX Controller Includes
- USB Cable
- Software Download Card
- User Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
AKAI AMX Controller Downloads
Click here to view all AKAI products