ADAM Sub20 Active Subwoofer Details
The ADAM Sub20 is equipped with two long throw 10” drivers which are meant to reproduce LFE or other low frequency signals down to 25Hz. The Sub24, housing two long throw 12” drivers, extends down to 22Hz.
The ADAM Sub20 and Sub24 are very powerful subwoofers designed for medium sized or larger control rooms in which powerful and yet accurate extra deep bass monitoring is required.
The power of two subwoofers
The Sub20 and Sub24 each have two drivers, which are mounted in chambers at opposite sides of the cabinet. Due to this alignment, the forces applied to the cabinet oppose each other and consequently compensate themselves, so that the cabinet stays much quieter than with conventional arrays. Distortion is drastically reduced in this manner, resulting in improved signal clarity, especially at higher levels.
There are two down firing bass reflex tubes that, because of their size and construction, successfully avoid ventilation noise.
The amplifier section has two units, each capable of delivering 200W continuous or 300W peak power to their corresponding drive units. Both power supply and amplifier section use PWM technology, meaning very high efficiency (≥90%) and cool operation in even the most critical phases of operation.
An additional output allows daisy-chaining as many Sub20s / Sub24s as desired.
All subwoofers up to the Sub2100 feature a number of controls to adapt to different room acoustics and requirements.
All units have a level control that varies from -60dB to +6dB, a phase ±180° switch and variable upper frequency barrier control (50-150Hz), a switchable 85Hz high pass filter for the satellite output. In addition, there is a ‘signal-on/continuous’ switch. This provides the option of automatic power up whenever the subwoofer receives a signal and automatic power off after 15 minutes of no signal.
ADAM Sub20 Active Subwoofer Features
- ADAM Audio’s primary goal: the best possible authenticity in the reproduction of music
- Design avoids “impressive” bass volume at the cost of accuracy
- Complements the highly acclaimed lucidity and transparency of the ADAM monitors in the lower and lowest frequencies
- Feature both balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) in and output connectors
- Numerous controls to adapt to different room acoustics and requirements
ADAM Sub20 Active Subwoofer Specifications
- Number of woofers: 2
- Basket Ř: 10" (260 mm)
- Voice coil Ř: 2" (50 mm)
- Cone material: Paper
- Subwoofer Amplifiers: 2
- Amp. power RMS / music: 200 W / 300 W
- Input connectors: Analog XLR / RCA
- Frequency response: 25 Hz - 150 Hz
- THD > 60 Hz: ≤1 %
- Max. peak: ≥118 dB
- Crossover frequencies: 50 - 150 Hz
- Input impedance: 10 KOhm
- Weight: 83.8 lb (38 kg)
- Height x Width x Depth: 22" (560 mm) x 32" (810 mm) x 12" (300 mm)
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Delivery contents: Power cord, Manual
ADAM Sub20 Active Subwoofer Downloads
The ADAM Sub20 is a custom, Built-To-Order subwoofer and can take anywhere from 2-6 weeks to ship from the ADAM factory in Germany.
Click here to view all ADAM products