ADAM A8X Nearfield Monitor Details
The brand new ADAM A8X, with its power and radiation characteristics, is suitable for both nearfield and midfield monitoring. With a price/performance ratio that could hardly be better, this monitor is a perfect entry into these monitoring fields.
The A8X is equipped with the X-ART tweeter and a large (8.5") midwoofer, a combination that adds both a very deep and yet very tight bass response to the unsurpassed reproduction qualities of the ADAM proprietary tweeter: a licence to thrill.
Cabinet- and bass reflex-construction
Like the other AX-Series models, the upper corners of the A8X are slanted to minimize reflections. The very large, double bass reflex tubes on the front have been specifically designed to perfectly match the midwoofer with its large voice coil.
Amplification and controls
With a 50W A/B amplifier for the tweeter and a 150W PWM amplifier for the midwoofer, the A8X has power in abundance and is the brawny monitor of the AX-Series.
On the rear panel are several controls: a gain for the high frequencies (± 4dB) and two shelf filters for the high and low frequencies.
There are both XLR (balanced) and RCA (unbalanced) connectors on the rear panel of the speaker, which allow the A8X to be used in almost any application.
Review: A8X: a "powerful link" between near- and midfield monitors!
"The A8X is a powerful link between ADAM´s AX Series and the formidable and more expensive SX Series. Its all-in-all homogenous tuning, the deep and precise bass as well as the brilliant mid- and high-frequency reproduction make this speaker a huge recommendation for ambitious people without deep pockets." (Professional Audio 10/2010)
ADAM A8X Nearfield Monitor Features
- 50W A/B amplifier for the tweeter
- 150W PWM amplifier for the midwoofer
- Adjustable gain control for high frequencies (± 4dB)
- Two shelf filters for high and low frequencies
- XLR (balanced) and RCA (unbalanced) rear panel connectors
ADAM A8X Nearfield Monitor Specifications
- Number: 1
- Basket Ø: 8.5" (220 mm)
- Voice coil Ø: 1.5" (38 mm)
- Cone material: Carbon/Rohacell/Glass Fiber
- Number: 1
- Type: X-ART
- Diaphragm area: 4 inch² (2420 mm²)
- Equiv. Diaphragm Ø: 2" (56 mm)
- Velocity transform ratio: 4:1
- Diaphragm weight: 0.17 g
- Mid-Woofer: 1
- Type: PWM
- Amp. power RMS / music: 150 W / 225 W
- Tweeter: 1
- Type: A/B
- Amp. power RMS / music: 50 W / 75 W
- Input Sensitivity: -∞ to +14 dB
- High shelve: > 5 kHz ±6 dB
- Low shelve: < 300 Hz ±6 dB
- Tweeter gain: ±4 dB
- Frequency response: 38 Hz - 50 kHz
- THD 90dB/1m > 100 Hz: ≤0.5 %
- Long term output: ≥112 dB
- Max. peak: ≥120 dB
- Crossover frequencies: 2300 Hz
- Input impedance: 30 KOhm
- Weight: 28.7 lb (13 kg)
- Magnetically shielded: No
- Height x Width x Depth: 15.5" (400 mm) x 10" (255 mm) x 12.5" (320 mm)
- Warranty: 5 Years
What's In The Box
ADAM A8X Nearfield Monitor Downloads
Click here to view all ADAM products